Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466842 times)

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile

They breath the various chemicals that are released when dwarves drop various things into the magma pit.

Why do dwarven archers stick to running at the enemy using the crossbow as club, even if they have a bunch of bolts?
Unf.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Badassery is proving you can do it in the worst possible way.

Why don't dwarves invent a crossbow with a  bayonet?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they think a sharp crossbow is pointless.

Why have dwarves not made a kittenapult yet?
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

They tried. The kittens wouldn't have it. They opened up a rift, similar to SCP-2559-J, and swallowed the fortress. The portal to the Overlords realm is closed now, but it's on the verge of opening. All the cats are trying to open it again, but it requires a willing dwarvern sacrifice. They hunt vermin and bring them to unhappy dwarves that hate them. They drive them to suicide, but so far the rite has been unsuccesful. So remember, slaughter all your kittens, lest they slaughter us!

Why haven't any Forgotten Beasts been added to the lists of SCPs?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

The SCPs are still too focused on containing Armok, the maker of these, first.

Why don't elves just take over the world already? Time is on their side.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile

Aye, but the steel axes are over here on the superior side.

Why don't goblins just stay home and try not to die painfully?

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Their fortresses are slowly slipping out of their control, taken over by abducted dwarfs and their offspring. They're looking for a place they don't have to share with so many beards.

Why do hunters go into 'sneak' mode the moment they embark on a hunt - while the hunter is deep inside the fortress, surrounded by other dwarfs and hundreds of steps outside their mark's attention range?

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

They were playing too much Oblivion and think that sneaking around their friends will improve their skills.

How would dwarves deal with an enemy's mobile siege engines?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Magma cannon.

If magma cannons are so important to dwarves, why isn't it a dwarvern word?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Because they don't have words for magma or cannon; having a word for a combination of the two would be running before they can walk.

What strange magic to medical dwarves weave to heal the obscenely deadly injuries?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

No magic at all. Dwarven blood is a natural antiseptic; note, infection *ONLY* sets in once dwarves stop drinking alcohol, and sober up. Dwarven blood alcohol levels are sufficient that dwarves are able to catch fire easily, and burn with tremendous heat. Germs don't stand a chance. Medical dwarves just mummywrap the bejeebus out of their victi..er.... "patients" to control the bleeding (and to keep them strapped to the table for experiemen....errr.... "surgical proceedures." ) because dwarves routinely experience these kinds of life threatening injuries, nature finds ways to make them have naturally strong constitutions.

Now, what are dwarven livers made from, exactly? They filter more alcohol in a day than 2year olds pee into public pools across america on a hot summer day!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Ah yes, you see, when Armok first made the worlds, and it came time to make the dwarves, he first fashioned them from the mountains and carved their organs from gems. Then he spat on them to make them soft ugly meaty bloodbags with beards. Unfortunately, these first dwarves were incapable of consuming the alcohol Armok first gave them, and they died from alcohol poisoning. So Armok reshaped them, and in place of the diamond liver he used a sponge one instead. Armok had a bit too much sponge left over when his masterworks were finished, and so he (d)umped the sponge bits from his bloody heavens down to his designated garbage dump, and that's where giant sponges come from.

How do dwarves carve artifact statues and cabinets and beds from a single gemstone?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

Artifacts are indestructible by nature, so even an insanely thin item (say, a monomolecular-sheet gem bed, made by combining atom-thin slices of gemstone) will still remain sturdy. Any engravings are actually just shaped holes.

Why aren't there trebuchets/ Additionally, why dosn't anyone use special siege ammo (fire, bio-weaponry, MAGMAAAAAA-infused dolomite shells, etc.)?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile

Because the dwarves rather hit castle walls with their FISTS!

Why don't humans use science against !!SCIENCE!!?
Unf.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Science is afraid of !!SCIENCE!!  That's why we stopped alchemy, after all.  Wah wah wah, Human rights violation.  Psychologically cruel experiments. . .

Why don't dwarves use pipes for water/sound?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 301