Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466796 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Because Armok thinks it more FUN watching your expression when you are assualted by a army of floating guts.

Why have their been no Dwarven, Elven, and Goblin sites until now (in-game explanation)?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile

Because Armok thinks it more FUN watching your expression when you are assualted by a army of floating guts.

Why have their been no Dwarven, Elven, and Goblin sites until now (in-game explanation)?

The dwarves have spent all their time trying to colonize glaciers covered in evil smog; the elves can't really build anything -- what would they build with? And the goblins, well, they fall into two factions: the ones who have to sneak everywhere, and thus can't build (too conspicuous); and the ones who are riding Giant Bats and spend their entire lives soaring aimlessly at the whims of their mounts.

Q: If a hauler begins pushing a bismuth bronze minecart clockwise up a spiral ramp from the magma forges on Z -147 on the 22nd of Granite, and another dwarf pushes a copper minecart from the Trade Depot heading counterclockwise down the ramp on the 24th of Granite, where will the mayor find the hauler's left lower arm?
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's entirely dependent upon how many dead elves had been in the Depot at the time of departure.  Note: elves dying AFTER departure do not affect this equation, but is still frickin' hilarious.

How can your Dwarven civ have developed the High Boot, but have NO IDEA how to make Low Boots?

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

The answer is simple: The Low Boot is not actually footwear, but rather it is named for its colloquial usage.

How much bone could a ☼bone hammer☼ break if a ☼bone hammer☼ could break bone?
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile

All of them.

Why do the boogymen kill all my adventurers?
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

You just need to adapt your tactics to talk on fast, kicky monsters who gang up on you.

Why do boogwymen only attack player led characters and not worldgen ones?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because only player characters are stupid enough to venture out into the woods in the middle of the night.

How can dwarves breathe from 100z's underground if the staircase is sealed?
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Because Dwarves don't breathe. They use an alcohol-based organ in their beards that allow them to create oxygen to put into their bloodstream. They can die from water because it washes away the alcohol and are bugged by miasma because it irritates the organ.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Cave Crocodile I tamed became a Historical Figure, because it killed a Goblin.

That's not what's odd.

What's odd is he had an object of worship. Namely Kun, apparently Kun is a god in the image of a Giant Bat, associated with the night, stars, sky, and wealth.

Apparently only one Dwarf ever worshiped Kun. Even weirder is the Crocodile's 'worship' isn't mentioned on the God's page.

Also apparently an univited guest showed up, and destroyed a masterwork cage, without me getting any notification of it arriving.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:33:26 pm by Raikaria »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because that same uninvited guest also destroyed the notification before it could arrive.

Why are cooked seeds so filling?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile

Because a dwarf only needs to survive off of a crumb and a cup of ale

Why isn't there dwarven whiskey?
Unf.

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because a dwarf only needs to survive off of a crumb and a cup of ale

Why isn't there dwarven whiskey?

Whiskey is hippy beer.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If dwarves are idiot savants, then what are elves?

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Know Nothing Know-It-Alls.

How much sand can you fit in a dragons stomach?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Exactly one urist.

How are milkfish capable of kicking my companions faces in?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 301