Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466764 times)

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the structure of thier fins has changed such tha...
OBEY LUNGFISH!!!

If all of the wild Kangaroos that I've trapped on map have either starved to death in their cages, waiting for more training after reverting to a wild state, or been slaughtered as quickly as possible after that first training (narrowly avoiding more of the above scenario), just how much have the dwarves REALLY learned about Kangaroos?

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

They've learnt enough.

Is the scariness of Terrifying biomes subjective or objective?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile

Yes, and yes

How come there are so many double entandre names?

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There aren't. Humans just have exceptionally dirty minds.

Why can vampires casually join a fortress, but necromancers can't?

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why can vampires casually join a fortress, but necromancers can't?

Being a vampire (not the sparkling kind) is all about laying low, stalking your prey, not giving away your true nature. Being a necromancer is all about laying low in your hidden secret underground laboratory, occasionally getting one of your thralls to dig up some bodies for you and to erect the lightning rods. There's no need to join a fortress for them.

So: Why don't the necromancers ever use lightning to power their creatures? And additionally: When will they start building Chimenrae out of body parts (might be better than animating only the cold hand)?
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They do.  Lightning comes from clouds, and some clouds happen to have necromancers hiding in them, which is how they create husks.  To the second question, they could if they wanted to, but re-stacking bolts, coins and body parts and such is sacrilege of the worst sort; much worse than reanimating the dead.  Even necromancers have ethics.  It's unthinkable!

Why do my children keep running outside to play in the wilderness whenever I turn off alert burrows?  There's nothing out there but goblins, kobolds and the undead.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile

STILL safer than Dwarven Childcare.

Why can dwarves fit an infinite amount of objects into a 'dump', but only one per tile on a stockpile?
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Because when you designate a dump tile, you're actually creating a wormhole to a dimension of infinite size

How do vermin teleport from square to square?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously?  Dorfs live in caves/burrows/warrens/whatever.  The vermin are ubiquitous.  It's only when a number of them are piled high enough to notice that you "see" them finally.

Why have Dorfs not figured out how to link multiple chains/ropes to make longer tie out for guard dogs, elven diplomats, etc.?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The rope that gets used is barely shorter than the designated creature's body.  If it equalled or exceeded that body length, then the creature would have enough slack to turn its head and bite through the restraint.

Why do some dwarves both casually worship and devoutly worship the same god?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

solarr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The rope that gets used is barely shorter than the designated creature's body.  If it equalled or exceeded that body length, then the creature would have enough slack to turn its head and bite through the restraint.

Why do some dwarves both casually worship and devoutly worship the same god?

BECAUSE OF THE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HOW does a mayor with NO ARMS OR LEGS bite the head off of a SWORDMASTER

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Nah, it's like how church is on Sundays. They honor them sometimes more devoutly than others... like, say there was a REALLY kickin' party at the microcline statue...

Why do dwarves consider three months a "working day"? They need alcohol to get through it but only drink four times a season
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When they 'drink' they actually just pour the alcohol into their beard so they can drink it during the working day.

Why are there 5 hostile amphibian people and one friendly one lurking in the caverns? They are both in the same tribe.
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

One of them is a Dwarfophile.

Why can't you have unholy unions of different races breeding?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Because if they did, Armok would intervene, and they would be punished to a death of magma-carp.

Why does my broker decide that the instant my dwarvern caravan, loaded with booze and food I desperately need, that it's a good time to go count the stockpiles?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 301