Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466743 times)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now I repeat: Why can Gobbo McSuperBowman win in a range fight running around in an open field, when Urist McAwesomeXbow x8 is behind fortifications 3z levels up? Boom headshot x8 without taking damage how?

The Dwarves like to taunt the Gobbos: "You duffy Gobbish k-niggits! I fart in your general direction! I wave my private parts at your auntie! I ... aaargh!"
It's their own bloody fault, really.

Why enjoy Dwarves seeing animals and their kin starve in cages? (Why do they not feed them?)
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

They believe that death is an art that must be seen to completion, or the cages are built so that they cannot be seen inside of.

Why does magma not melt the soil, going all the way down to magma-safe rock?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile

Because Armok built the world with dwarf-beard fibres in the soil.

How can I have a 'coating' of magma on my body, and not actually die?
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Because DF isn't THAT good with the concept of heat exchange. But it may melt the fat eventually. Or you're just fire-proof anyway.

So, why in Armok's name does Urist McSimpleton think it's a good idea to walk into a channel he just made that is filling with water? Why do they always instafreeze/drown themselves/get washed off a cliff to their doom? What the hell, Urist?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Dwarves cannot see water until they come into direct contact with it. Natural selection has made sure they can recognize that a long trench filled with floating carp isn't safe to cross, but they refuse to believe that such things as waterfalls or water flow exist. And if it's an artificial channel, there is no way they can see if water is filling it or not. Magma is prized by the dwarves because they can see it.

My question is this:

o_o
My wooden badge was delicious.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Perhaps raised by elves?

Why can merchants automatically know whether traps are blocking the entrance for wagons? Or whether it is accessible to wagons at all? Or even whether its accessible at all ever?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

Spores.

How does a dwarf produce spores, anyway?
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear

I think Goombageeks question has a one word answer: werebeast.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Why do Masterwork Elves whine about deforestation when their pets burned up the forest and pissed off the dwarves for ruining their resources?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:04:13 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Because they are both hypocrites and tyrants, only worthy being of being dipped in molten lava.

Just how do Dwarves go months at a time without food, water, or rest?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As always, it's the beard.  When a dwarf is eating or drinking, most of the food and drink gets dropped into the beard.  Then, when the dwarf becomes hungry or thirsty, the dwarf will pull alcohol preserved crumbs from their beard.  This is also the reason that dwarves detest water, as it does not preserve the stored food.  As for sleep, they're manic depressive, it goes with the territory. 

How does a screw pump clean and desalinate water?

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile

Screw pumps have DORFBEARD™ filtering systems, of course.

Why will a kobold ignore the priceless artifact in the same freaking room... To steal a worn sock?
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Maestro Ugo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they steel for fun - not to make material gain.

Why do dwarves never defecate?

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you know how much FPS it would require per dwarf? Armok made all creatures have no waste material so that we do not have to endure the FPM.

Why do Steel Coated War Rabbits still get ripped apart by teeth when their skin is too hard for teeth to puncture?
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile

Shh Teeth are made of Candy.

Why do lungfish fly?
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 301