Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466712 times)

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile

Because dwarves would only use this secret to cause more !!FUN!!, so we keep it from them.

Why do only adventuring elves work metal?
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Because they are already outcasts, might as well be well-armed outcasts.

Whydo military darves sometimes decide not to arm themselves at all?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

There is no fun to life unless there is risk or challenge...  A completely inebriated midget wrestling a bear in only a loincloth?  Spongebob level F-U-N...

Why will civs of the same species outstrip another civ in territory but not assimilate them?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Langolier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they need the other civs to be alive so they can rub it in their faces.

We know what causes strange moods and tantrums, but what causes Strange Tantrums?!?!?

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urist McWife has entered a fell mood.
Urist McHusband has disappeared.
Urist McWife has lost a husband, and looked at a depressing dwarf-skin waterskin recently.
Urist McWife is throwing a tantrum!

Why can't Elves learn Necromancy?
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

They are immortal, and thus incapable of fully comprehending the mortal condition, even if they can die of pointy or ‼hot‼ things. They will never be able to raise the dead without full comprehension.

Why do dwarves insist on doing things in the least efficient manner possible, even when we make it as simple as possible?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The life of a dwarf, like that of a soldier, is composed of long periods of boredom followed by short periods of terror. Gotta do something to liven thigns up, you know?

Why can't anyone find dwarven settlement in adventure mode? ( I know the actual reason, I want the justification)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

They learned the arts of hiding from the hobbits.
You don't see any hobbits? Well of course they obviously won't show themselves THAT easily.

Why didn't capybaras start a civ already?

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Because capybaras are pretty damn stupid.

Why haven't the animal-people created a civilization? They've already overrun the world!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you seen how many kinds there are? I doubt rodent-men and snake-men would be able to coexist.

What is the syndrome-causing dust made of that FBs have that lets it be so dangerous?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sobriety.

Why can't dwarves and elves get along?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because Elves like imposing ridiculous Logging limits and consuming the Bodies of theur slain enemies in combat. Plus the whole "short Jokes" thing. Totally uncalled for.

Why are all civs of a race have the same ethics?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

They learned the arts of hiding from the hobbits.
You don't see any hobbits? Well of course they obviously won't show themselves THAT easily.

Why didn't capybaras start a civ already?

You never see a hobbit because they are purple. You've never seen a purple hobbit have you? No? Because purple is a dead sneaky colour.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Their ethics all include killing anyone of their race that don't conform to their ethics, so all the ethics except that one die out.

Why do dwarves keep having babies even when your fort is obviously overpopulated?
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a material named rubber? Didn't think so. Also, dwarves are damn horny beings. Well, isn't everything in DF?

Why hasn't Toady implemented gunpowder yet?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 301