Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 453784 times)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile

The only eternal parts of a dwarf are its soul and it's liver, which are both bathed in alchohol and mist in Dwarf heaven.

Why are there nobles if their only use is to either be a burden or die in magma?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Tholtig Cryptbrain.

Why do dorfs not seem troubled by the humans encroaching upon their territory?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the dwarves know that if the humans ever get too close, all they have to do is pull a lever and every human settlement in the local region is destroyed with magma.  Thus pushing them back to a reasonable distance and warning them to stay away.

How can humans sell metal goods/build rock castles without ever having mined.  The technology to extract minerals from the ground without ever using a pickaxe should belong to the dwarves, not silly humans!
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How can humans sell metal goods/build rock castles without ever having mined.  The technology to extract minerals from the ground without ever using a pickaxe should belong to the dwarves, not silly humans!

Their "rock" castles are actually made of cobbled together mugs and toy boats. The metals are just smelted down from what they get from the dwarves.

Why would anyone like microcline?!?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Their "rock" castles are actually made of cobbled together mugs and toy boats. The metals are just smelted down from what they get from the dwarves.

Dude.

It's blue.

Why would anyone like orthoclase?!?
My wooden badge was delicious.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile

Dude.

It's blue.

Why would anyone like orthoclase?!?
It makes pretty formations

Why did my dwarf make a n IMAGE of a pebble in cinnabar on a scepter  -- isn't that a bit redundant -- like making a pebble look like a pebble?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile

Ceci n'est pas une pebble.

Why do the goblins keep sending invasion parties even when all they get in return is death?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Why do the goblins keep sending invasion parties even when all they get in return is death?
Because that's what it says on the trading form:
Exports to (City name here): Terror
Imports from (City name here): Vengeance

Why don't dwarves play games?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Because that's what it says on the trading form:
Exports to (City name here): Terror
Imports from (City name here): Vengeance

Why don't dwarves play games?
Now wait a minute, If the goblins aren't holding up their end of the deal, can I Withold my half of the deal? Because I;m not terrified.

They do, Thier favorite is "Idle".

Why do dorfs never use all that useless crap?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile

Because it's useless, duh! :P

Is there any problem that can not be solved by applying enough magma?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Being unable to access the surface because it's covered in aforementioned molten rock.

Will dwarves, humans or elves ever invent lasers?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Answered your own question.  Its useless, and dorfs are more industrial than that. 

If the world is propogated by spores, why is there no cross-propogation?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

Because genetics would deny it. And there are spore-icides inside female reproductive systems which systematically destroy any spores not of the same species entering the female.

Could we make giant ligers in DF?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

Dwarven crossbreeding mostly involves the actions of clothiers and butchers, so a giant liger would be possible, but unlikely to be useful beyond scarecrow duty.

What happens to *ahem* dwarves' waste products?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

They blend into the cave floors.

Why do low level engravers engrave simple things?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 301