Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 454233 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

If you can move through a berry bush, why not a tree?  Its <just> a bigger bush...

Why doesn't 'history' proper continue as you are playing a fort?  10 years and nothing happened that wasn't connected to your fort?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

The other races of the world use fortress program as their main source of entertainment. It's sort of like a gladiator fight, but on a much longer and larger scale. The borders are lined with apartment-like bleachers occupied by anyone who could pay, including most leaders of the world. Very little gets done in that time (or perhaps a lot, but nobody's archiving what occurs when the king is away), but it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most to watch a civilization rise and fall.

Mass Effect players, hear me- Dwarves + Eezo. What happens?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear

I'm pretty sure the real answer to pisskeeps question is that it's a planned, but unimplimented feature. Otherwise the whole outside world things is kinda a waste.

How does contructing a floor on the same square as a up/down stairway block the UP part of the stairs?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Mutagen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When Armok formed matter he decided to give it some metaphysical oddities just to spice things up a bit.                               Why is it that migrants just linger on the edge of the map if there is no meeting hall?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

When Armok formed matter he decided to give it some metaphysical oddities just to spice things up a bit.                               Why is it that migrants just linger on the edge of the map if there is no meeting hall?

Because they don't have a designated loitering zone, so they get confused. Plus, they like delaying going into the fort and dying.

Why are unarmed dwaves more dangerous then untrained dorfs with crossbows?(mine just charged at a goblin squad instead of using their weapons, and get slaughtered. Then Unarmed dwaves do the same thing, and at least kill a few.)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mutagen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For want of a bolt, your squadron was lost. Why are cave ins invariably fatal?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

For want of a bolt, your squadron was lost. Why are cave ins invariably fatal?
A drawbridge is a flat pane of material smashing small-ish objects into oblivion. A cave-in is a gigantic boulder smashing everything into oblivion. You be the judge.

If dwarves use their beards, do elves use their ears?
My wooden badge was delicious.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No; the ears use the elves.

Why are Forgotten Beasts composed entirely out of ice or snow completely immune to magma?
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile

No; the ears use the elves.

Why are Forgotten Beasts composed entirely out of ice or snow completely immune to magma?
Because they have maical ice/snow powers (see: Nether-cap). Also, because ‼Fun‼.  :P

How come nobody ever suspects foul play when a Noble meets an Unfortunate Accident, even if it involves an elaborate mechanism obviously built for the sole puropse of bathing said Noble's room in magma?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DF tanning program.  Even underground nobles want to look sexy(if not hairy).

Why hasn't democracy or even a republic been founded in DFland?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Because Armok intervened and forbade it.

Why does this thread progress through outright questions?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

because otherwise its just trolls and vaguely related rants or quips.

Why can't a dorf go into shock after tramatic experience?
PKs DF Mod!

Mutagen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the same reason that for Dwarves, a really good meal can offset the death of a loved one. They're sociopaths. Why does one of the children in my fort have a broken rib and a bruised heart from fighting with a duck?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

For the same reason that for Dwarves, a really good meal can offset the death of a loved one. They're sociopaths. Why does one of the children in my fort have a broken rib and a bruised heart from fighting with a duck?
Have you ever been bitten by a duck? They can get really angry!

Why can the [NO_STUN] tag cause endless sleep?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

therealmarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should a creature that can never pass out manage to fall asleep, it wouldn't know how to wake up again.

Why http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114394.0 ?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 301