Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Let's Play Cataclysm! Be the first to be eaten alive  (Read 22154 times)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Cataclysm! Be the first to be eaten alive
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2011, 02:54:35 pm »

I hate to double post, but there's been no one else that could provide a buffer, so here's the next update. Also, I've actually recorded some audio on this recording, so you can listen to my relaxing tones (and my inability to pronounce "th" properly) here. Kind of a sidenote, you won't actually see me drinking the purifier as I drunk that after I ended recording as I once again forgot to do that.

The Hardware Store

Fred remembered reading somewhere that in some cultures cows were kept in rectangular inclosures made of wood and nails, and where better to retrieve anti-bovine tools of war than the hardware store?

Fred picked up a screwdriver, a hammer, and some nails. He thought he might have a hard time creating a fence if he had to drive in each nail himself, but he eventually found a nail gun with which to drive them with deadly force into zombies wood. Where did that thought come from? Anyway, he moved around the store and eventually picked up some beef jerky. He wasn't going to eat it, but rather he thought it would be poetic to feed it to the next cow he saw. He also picked up a mechanics book to further his knowledge of modern fence building techniques to employ against the nasty bovine race. His paranoia showed for perhaps a split second when he peaked out the front, but he found no cows, so he proceeded to his next destination.

He also drunk the purifier he had perviously found with the following results.

What to do next?

A. To the liquor store to the ENE, we must forget our worries to be truly free
B. To the grocery store to the ENE as well, we must not be corrupted by what are surely thoughts from the cow controlled satellites.
C. Cow controlled satellites?! We must stay hidden, we must stay out of site! To the nearest basement, they shall never find us there!

Edit: link fixed

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2011, 03:36:36 pm »

Rob the bank! What's the worst thing that can happen?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2011, 09:35:25 pm »

Rob the bank! What's the worst thing that can happen?

This!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2011, 10:13:08 pm »

The worst that could happen? The doors are bugged and refuse us entry with our crowbar of entrance. I'll give it a few more hours as I sleep for differing opinions, though.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2011, 12:15:27 pm »

Grocery store? Just to make sure you have non-meat edible byproducts of a unspoiled variety.  Also, glad to see another Cataclysm run!

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2011, 01:13:03 pm »

So, robbing a bank. What do normal burglars need? A lockpick, a crowbar, a stethoscope? Not in cataclysm! You've got to have computer skills! Also, how did I not notice that there was a gigantic wasp's nest? Video Here! I realize that something went wrong, and the ground looks kind of weird.

The Bank

Fred was never particularly scared of wasps, he didn't instinctively flee when they appeared, but when they were the size of a small car, it was a different story. Fred paused for a moment, not knowing whether it had seen him or not, but he then realized that either way, he should be running away as fast as he could, so he took off. Luckily enough, the wasp seemed to not have seen him, so he got away unscathed. He kept going to the bank, which he thought would be a great place to hide, what better place to hide than an air-less vault? Wait, hold on... Anyway, he continued towards the bank only to see a monstrous site

A squirrel! It might as well have advertised its bovine sympathies with a giant billboard for how deceptive it's tail was. It must be a camera, Fred thought, but how will I catch a squirrel? He was pulled out of his reverie by the two people standing to the S, both of which must have been devoted cow supporters, they certainly moaned with a cow-like sound. These people immediately started charging towards Fred, but Fred could not let the cow-people take him to their slaughter houses and he shot it in the head with his nail gun. "You just got screwed!" he falsely shouted. Just as it was falling to the ground, the second zombie broke down the bank's glass walls with a crash, but it suffered the same punishment as its compatriot. He then proceed to enter the bank only to find

He almost walked right by a hiding cowman, but he couldn't be deceived by such a simpleton, so he shot this one too with his nail gun before searching the bank, but not finding much. He did take some bubble wrap and some cola, but he could find little else of worth. In that same room was the entrance to the bank, but instead of a place for a key, he found a computer console, but Fred had no skills with computes to use in opening it. He could try, but the consequences may be dire. He recalled a TV program showing the dead, bullet ridden corpse of a would be bank robber.

What to do?

A. Fred's pretty tough, he can take whatever demons attack him, hack the computer.
B. No, I Fred don't want to die, to the grocery store!
C. I bet that giant wasp nest has some explosives... Wait, probably not, but I still don't like bugs, and they must all be killed!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:18:57 pm by areyoua »

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2011, 04:48:58 pm »

A. I want to see what happens :P

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2011, 08:10:44 pm »

Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2011, 01:30:32 pm »

Well, I hope you know how painful it is using this mike, it's slowly ripping out all of my hair. Anyway, You guys got pretty lucky, and the bank vault was apparently very easy to break into.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2RF6jVBw0

Breaking and Entering

Fred thought, "Well, you only live once, and I really want to see what happens." Fred thought of the second part of that sentence four times, though, and he couldn't think of why. Anyway, he opened up the computer and prepared to bypass the security, failing massively and causing an alarm to go off. He tried again, though and this time, he managed to miraculously overcome the apparently very weak bank security. He immediately began thinking of the riches he would find, the gold he would attain, the money he would be rolling around in, the...

Emptiness of the bank?! Fred immediately blamed the cows, but how had they cracked into the safe? Fred began searching the safe, but a moaning sound over the enormous din of the alarms shook him from his reverie.

Two zombies right in front of the window, and more in the distance. "How are the cows finding me so quickly?" He wondered out loud as he high tailed it out of the bank. On his way south, though, he saw a human corpse on the ground. Upon closer inspection, it was a dead scientist, and on it was an id card, Computer Science 301, and a CBM: Utilities(!). He took all the belongings, but found that there were more bodies, more victims of the deadly bovine swarm. However, as a zombie came up from the N, he quickly formed his own opinion. He also found a goo canister, lots more bionics, and some purifiers. He quickly shot the zombie in the head, and took inventory. He was out of space, and needed to find a place to drop off all his stuff, and he needed to increased his abilities if he wanted to safely install his bionics himself.

Where to next?

A. To the library! He's got to find some books to increase his chances of installing bionics and decrease his chance of cutting himself open.
B. To the Grocery Store! We've got to eat eventually. Right?
C. Screw Prudence in the foot, install it now!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2011, 07:41:15 pm »

A please?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2011, 12:06:34 am »

What do the purifiers even do?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2011, 03:27:43 am »

C!  Take those bionics and shove em in commando style!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14