Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Let's Play Cataclysm! Be the first to be eaten alive  (Read 22159 times)

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Cataclysm! Be the first to be eaten alive
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2011, 03:39:26 pm »

Drink the mutagen.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2011, 04:10:08 pm »

Mutagen is all fun and games, until you get Albino  :o
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »

The worst I've gotten is slime trail.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2011, 05:54:02 pm »

I really wish run mode turned itself back on after not seeing monsters for a few in game minutes. I'm always forgetting to switch it back on.

Wrong Cataclysm thread, sorry.

On topic, I, too, would like to see mutagen drinking.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:59:16 pm by Tres_Huevos »

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2011, 06:27:08 pm »

Drink we shall, drink we shall, but where do we go after drinking?

The Adventure of a Curious Liquid (no, not antifreeze, capitalist pig)

Phil, being the adventurous comrade that he was, drank heartily of decent, communal liquid expecting that it would give him enlightenment. "Narrator Dude, I could really do with some Cheetos, wait I don't. Whoa." Shut up, foolish bourgeois, never question a proletariat warrior! (not to mention the fourth wall) He ran around the Store picking up a backpack, a hatchet that he found in the back of the store which he used to make the two by four into, "A pointy cupcake grabber," a lighter, 3 flashlights, and a book that told him how to get the most out of each cupcakes in  a section labeled "don't." He grabbed some capitalist bandages (a true proletariat's hero needs only a rag) before stepping out into the street to look for somewhere to go.

What were the chances of a good result, what were the chances. I'll give you people one more chance to stop Phil from breaking down doors in an epic cupcake search.

A. Start Breaking into houses. One of them must have cupcakes
B. The Library to the N seems like a good place to purge Phil of his dirty, capitalist ideals
C. I wonder if Phil is stoned enough to eat a backpack...

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2011, 06:31:25 pm »

Library.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2011, 06:32:23 pm »

C
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2011, 07:02:10 pm »

Phil, cave into the demands of the people!

The Second First Battle

"Eat the backpack, Phil, I am your mind, Eat it!"
"Um, dude? People don't eat backpacks."
"Do it! Make the Politburo proud to have you in its factories!"
"I don't think-"
"Fine! Suffer the wrath of Stalin!"
Phil felt an unexplainable urge to eat the backpack, even though he knew he couldn't. He could feel it coming ever closer to his mouth, and he felt it when he bit down. "This taste awful, man!" He then heard a whisper say, "Over-fed glutton."

Anyway, he marched N to the library with his newly acquired possessions, when he saw a horde of zombies. "Dude, stop groaning, it's creeping me out." When that failed to stop the coming zombies, all four of them, he beat a retreat back to the Sports Store. He stood in front of a window, unknowingly using the same tactics as his older brother, and hoped that the window would give him protection. Even though he left the door open. The zombies smashed open the windows and he said, "Get away dude, I've haven't had my fix of cupcakes today, and I'm feeling angry." The zombies, unperturbed, came anyway, and in his panic, Phil stabbed it, "Whoa dude, sorry." And he stabbed it again and again until it fell. He kept stabbing until they were all bleeding messes on the ground, and it was only then did he see what he had done.

All the blood, all the carnage, all the, "God, I need a cupcake." But it wasn't done yet, as he once again went north, he discovered 6 more zombies chasing him from the south, so he made a run for it, "Dudes! I'm not after your cupcakes mellow out!" he shouted behind him. He safely made it into the Library to prepare a position when he saw a zombie inside the library, "How'd you get in here?" He said.

Any help, voices in Phil's head?

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2011, 07:04:47 pm »

Throw the spear knife at it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:07:13 pm by head »
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2011, 07:04:59 pm »

STAB STAB STAB STAB. That is all.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2011, 07:23:04 pm »

Well, Phil, this is what you get for not eating the backpack...

The Second First Battle (continued)

Phil ran like a little girl to the window, and wielded his hatchet instead of his rather ineffective spear, and proceeded to try to make a path out of the library through the window, and through all the zombies standing in front of it. Eventually, he did manage to kill the hoards of zombie, but actually had to kill the zombie in the library anyway.

He picked up some aspirin from the dead and was about to go take some books out, when he saw yet more zombies coming from the south, whom he easily killed. He then spent some bandages on making himself whole again. He took a copy of Cooking on a Budget, What's a Transistor, killed two more zombies coming from the west with a few quick chops from the hatchet, there zombie were falling like wood to a chainsaw, and took an Under the Hood, and prepared to leave for the next destination.

What to do? Where to go?

A. North to the Hardware Store
B. ENE to a Grocery Store
C. Epiphany time! I know you have better ideas than I

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »

Assuming you took some books that you are able to use, and have some food and drinks.. How about bunkering up to read them and build ze skills up?
(do You  have any butchering skill?)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2011, 08:24:58 pm »

You're sitting at 0 exp at the moment, you gotta find some cupcakes fast because all this combat and those books aren't won't do you any good until you at least get a positive number in there.

B, the grocery store sounds as good as anywhere.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2011, 09:47:47 pm »

To the hardware store!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2011, 11:49:19 am »

No butchering skills, no skills at all in fact. Gonna be a quiet day today, so its time to push out updates like the day after Thanksgiving. Also, two different options, which one to choose? www.random.org, 1 min for drkpaladin, 2 max for NRDL...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Grocery Store

Phil decided to leave the library from the back, hoping to avoid any trouble. You know how often that works.

"Dude, come on, I just want to get some Cheetos," whined Phil as he chopped the zombie down. His nonchalant, murderous behavior, however, did not stop another zombie from appearing, which Phil also hastily put down. And then another one, and another one, and another one, so Phil made the decision that he couldn't wait for Cheetos and calmly walked off. Quickly. So quickly that one might confuse it with running away to save his own life.

About halfway there, he saw yet another hoard of zombies with a hungering for Phil, but instead of fighting, he simply walked around all of them, but after that, there wasn't anything interesting on the trip to the grocery store.

"ohmygosh there's a corpse in here! Oh wait, it's just an orange..." Regardless, Phil pulled himself together and grabbed some oranges from the west side of the grocery before going through the shelves for some tinned pineapples or coconut juice when he saw a zombie through the window for the umpteenth time in the past minute. The zombie itself was easy to kill, but it was the sound that worried Phil, but he continued to loot the store, and picked up some drinks, and a tin of "red sauce." He also grabbed some scissors and a sewing kit before seeing some rags and getting a fiery idea.

What now folks?

A. Hunker down in the back room, and read the books
B. To the hardware store, we need to barricade up the building first
C. Are those Cheetos?!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14