Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Let's Play Cataclysm! Be the first to be eaten alive  (Read 22161 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Cataclysm! Be the first to be eaten alive
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 03:23:21 pm »

I think we can all agree that gasoline assisted suicide is the rational choice.  For a drunk baseballer pirate.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 11:04:57 pm »

Posting to watch.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 03:25:34 am »

We need more rags! Clothing store! Get scissors, turn that booze into weaponry!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 04:14:46 am »

Head to a sporting goods store, find some better weapons.  Also, if such a thing is possible, try to find a particular place where you can make some sort of safehouse, and store your stuff there.

Also, how on Earth do you decrease pain?  On my character I always seem to have moderate pain, shooting up even higher sometimes.  How do I make it go back down? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 04:15:19 am »

You wait it out.
*Hugs*

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 09:16:08 am »

All right, I'm back. Also, I never figured out what posting to watch meant. You can also reduce pain by taking painkillers on a regular basis, if it's shooting up the effects of the painkillers are wearing off, or you're getting hit by zombies. I find it kind of funny that Tom still isn't hurt, but that's probably because of this.

Update soon, like now soon, but pretty short.

The Pharmacy

Tom figured that the burning smoke of a zombie-fed fire couldn't have been good for him, so he decided to search around for a pharmacy, which he found to the SSE and the SSW. It had nothing to do with his desire to find tasty drugs (don't do drugs kids). So he fled calmly ran as fast as he could S to the Pharmacy on the east. When he entered, he saw that he could've had

Oh well, there was a ton of good stuff in the Pharmacy, and Tom picked up two bandages, caffeine pills, then dropped his sneakers put on his steel toed boots to free up some space, and picked up some of the good stuff really bad stuff, kids. He got two bottles of Tramadol for long term moderate pain, and some Oxycodone for more intense pain. He also picked up the V8 so he could have it, and some energy drink. He also found that he had pressed "z" and could now see the whole world a gigantic map of the world just hanging on the wall!

Where to?

A. Nowhere, it's time to not only be drunk, but dead by overdose.
B. Somewhere more useful, like anywhere.
C. Inspiration! I think you can guess from where.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 09:21:48 am »

Head very far south, away from normal civilization, but first, you really, really need a better weapon ( like a machete, knife, or chainsaw.  Also, how do you shoot using guns? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 09:32:28 am »

f key to shoot. They don't come loaded(Unless someone loaded it for you and died conveniently). Yeah I'd kinda like a way to disable debug commands temporarily, a lot of the keys like z and shift-8 are too easy to accidentally press. As for the adventure, I'd work your way to the southwest.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 10:41:36 am »

Inspire yourself with the Good Bad stuff, that kids shouldn't try.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 11:46:55 am »

"Posting to watch" means that the poster is making that post purely so that any new posts in the thread makes it appear in their 'new replies to your posts' page of the forums, mostly so they don't need to remember to find the thread to see if there have been updates to the LP.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 12:25:02 pm »

Right then, here we are with the second update of the day. Note that to the South is like another city, same with Southwest is even more city, and so is Southeast. North, is for some reason "unexplored" a short way past the end of the city, Northwest is a missile silo(!) I would also remind everyone that we have a fire extinguisher, which we might be needing...

The Sporting Utility Shop

Why? Oh well, doesn't matter. Tom dropped the steel-toed boots and reclaimed his sneakers to prevent the floor from acting like a sand pit, and left the Pharmacy for a better weapon. Never mind the fact that baseball was superior to machete-ball by the level that American Football is better than war, by which I mean barely. He made his was SSW to the Sporting Utility shop in hopes of finding a machete, and perhaps a guide on how better to improve his golf swing. Just as he was making his way south he saw a Zombie, which didn't really worry him, and a mound of dirt, which was kind of worrying.

He decided that he would try to avoid a hit from the zombie and just stand behind one of the things and make it step on it to slow it down. And find out what the heck they were.

Well, that was... interesting. It was very lucky that Tom hadn't been closer of he would have become "Tom Meat" in a hurry. As it was the zombie looked heavily injured, and Tom was going nowhere near a mound of dirt, so he made a note on his map and finished of the zombies with a home run smash. Amazingly, the mound of dirt remained even though the mine had gone off, which Tom felt was weird. He then hurried around all that dirt on the ground towards the store. On the way there, he saw two zombies, and being the cautious man he was, attacked both of them at the same time. It didn't go too bad, with Tom getting hit four times, but none too seriously, but he saw a third zombie, and decided he had wasted enough time and health here, so he made up his mind to take this one out at a window. That turned out to be one of his better decisions.

There were about 6 zombies closing in on him, so his only thought was, "Molotov." Alas, he had once again forgotten to make one before hand, so he ran to make some distance, made a Molotov out of some whiskey, and threw it at the nearest zombie. Not the best decision as he had actually forgotten to light it. Whoops. But he managed to circle around the zombies and reclaim his Molotov, then he lit it and threw it again, and this time

He succeeded. Now all he did was wait for the other zombies to calmly cross the raging flames and die a fiery death befitting a dead creature. One managed to cross the fire, but was severely injured and was easily dispatched by the sweat spot of Tom's baseball bat. He smelled the sweat smell, of burning zombie flesh, and proceeded to enter the Sporting shop, where he would have to be quick if he wanted to avoid the sweat smell of Tom flesh.

No machete but there was:

Frying Pan
Spatsnaz Knife techniques (which he took)
Hot Plate (3)
Bike Helmet
Big Book of First Aid
BB Gun (2)
BB's
Bike Helmet
Hammer (which he already had)
Aspirin (which he already had)
Lighter (which he already had)
Baseball Bat (it's a sign, isn't it?)

What to take, What to do now?

A. Head to the Library across the street. (also close to the fire, but not that close)
B. North! Or South...  either way, away from the city
C. Have you been inhaling too much smoke Tom?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »

First aid book, BB gun and BB's
*Hugs*

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 12:49:04 pm »

Clothing store. More rags. Scissors. More molotovs!

Oh, and people post "posting to watch" when they are too lazy to click the Notify button. Who knows why, though!

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 02:02:14 pm »

Why aspirin when you have MOAR booze?  I'm no expert at the game, but I like using a spear, it trains stabbing, melee, and piercing all at once,  maybe that equals more damage?  Its as easy as smashing a door for a 2x4 and finding something sharper than a butterknife.

But since you are feeling no pain and probably still on cloud 9 from the booze, check out the library!

(A)  FTW!

Also, bookshelves burn pretty well without having to waste glorious booze.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2011, 03:57:34 pm »

A scissor(s), a scissor(s), my kingdom for a scissor(s). I know where to find scissors, but for some reason can't.

The Quest for Scissors

Tom walked around the disappointing Sports Store, taking the first aid book, a BB gun, and BB's. Then he looked in his backpack in order to make a Molotov before he needed it, for once. It was then that he discovered, "Where are my rags?!" Without rags, there would be no Molotovs, and without Molotovs, there would soon be no Tom. At least, a living Tom. Actually, are zombies living? Anyway, Tom decided that a pair of scissors was absolutely required, so he went ENE to the clothing store for some clothing to cut, then S to the library, and finally E to the Grocery Store where they might have some scissors. But first, he hid behind the fire outside the Sports Store one more time.

Of course, the zombies didn't stop after two, so Tom ended up hanging around the fire for another wave of zombies before finally setting out for the clothing store. He also gained a few skills using bashing weapons and at general melee after bashing a few weak stragglers that survived the unending flames. At this point, Tom walked towards the Clothing Store, and... the game crashed. Apparently, the game couldn't handle another Molotov and self-destructed just to spite Tom. I tried to close the window and reload but then this happened.

I tried again, and the same thing happened. So, unless someone's got an idea around this, I guess this LP's done, if anyone still wants to see a LP of cataclysm, there's one somewhere on YouTube, or if you people see it as possible, Thomas Crowder could make a comeback in a reincarnation, but for now, that's it for Tom.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14