Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Let's Play Cataclysm! Be the first to be eaten alive  (Read 22157 times)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Cataclysm! Be the first to be eaten alive
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2011, 07:06:07 pm »

I don't think that coke overcomes the effects of darkness, and Whales has said as much so... no coke for you.

Reading. How... exciting?

Phil decided to go and read what books he had, but not at the old grocery store, no. "New is always better," he said, quoting an oft watched TV show, so he went to a new grocery store that just happened to also be the closest one.

He also decided that he was out of space for more food, so he'll hold off on getting more food until he was hungry.

So, with preparations complete, he started reading. First, first aid, just for the fact that it would look cool, then ate some food and moved on the reading Shakespeare, to be or not to read, am I right? Then, he read some electronics, and he was electrocuted. Electrocuted with knowledge that is! Anyway, he then read the mechanics, thought he was on NPR, and immediately wanted to know why his muffler kept falling off. He finished up with reading cooking, and his flashlight flicked off from lack of batteries. Whoops.

Anyway, where to next?

A. Head S for some more advanced material at the Library
B. Um.... SW for clothes to chop up and liquor for Molotovs?
C. Jeez, I've really been hard pressed getting ideas, how about we just let Phil get stoned so hard he looks like Mt. Rushmore and is as mobile.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:24:00 pm by areyoua »

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2011, 08:51:43 pm »

Time to sleep until daytime, traveling at night is scary.

C!

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2011, 09:02:28 pm »

It's not night... 12:02 PM is 2 minutes past noon.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2011, 11:17:38 am »

I'd look for an apothecary, perhaps you can find something to make the pain go away ^^

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2011, 12:24:51 pm »

To the Apothecary!

The Apothecary

"What the f*** is an apothecary?!" Phil said to the voice in his head. "No, you don't question the will of the people, comrade, just do," it replied. So Phil went off into the daylight to find himself something to take the voice in his head away, which just happened to be the nearest Pharmacy. But the nearest Pharmacy was an eternity to the south. Oh well, one needs to get cupcakes of some sort somewhere, but before he could leave...

"Whoa, those are some gigantic bugs, dude." And there where some pretty gargantuan insects flying and crawling towards Phil, so he gripped his hatchet tighter, and moved towards the window to take them out. Of course nothing is ever easy in a post-apocalyptic world, and this was no exception.

"Oh balls," said Phil and wished that he had brought a molotov with him. The zombie broke down the window, and in came the giant mosquito.

This was it, he thought, this was when he finally would say his last words, when he would never live to kill another zombie, not see another glorious cache of food, never smoke another cupcake. For what it was worth, he tried to fight back as there was no way out, the mosquito was too quick, but it was easy to kill, and he took it out in one hit, but then, the giant dragonfly came, and there was no hitting it. It buzzed out of the way, and Phil swung wildly in his poison induced confusion before a final hit from the dragonfly led to...

Game over everybody, have a nice life. Phil won't.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2011, 12:26:10 pm »

Although, I think there's a bug in how kills are counted.

Surely, not just two kills?

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2011, 01:19:40 pm »

Awesome run, would like to see more. :)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2011, 09:51:51 pm »

Me too.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2011, 12:11:04 pm »

It's nice to know that you guys care, all two of you. However, I don't plan on creating Phil/Tom 2.0 until the construction update comes, which should be very soon. In the mean time, I'll recommend that you read this, which is quite good, and still going, or watch some of the Let's Plays on YouTube.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2011, 07:21:34 pm »

Just wanted to post that I loved this LP. Even though I've only posted once, I read everything ^^ I prefer this one over the one you linked haha.
Can't wait for the next one ^^

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2011, 03:58:48 pm »

So due to the short hiatus that Whales has gone on, I've decided to simply go on with another character, but this time, with the tileset of Deon/Cib, which you can get here. Anyway, I think it's very good, and it makes Cataclysm more accessible to the more graphics dependent out there. But, on with the story!

The Curious Adventures of Alfredo F. Rice

I think Alfredo took the five finger discount...

Obviously not intended, so I dropped it.

Alfredo F. Rice. What a food name, what a name. From the start of his life, he always knew that he would be special. When you're name is the same as a pasta dish, you know that your parents made an awful mistake incredibly complex name generator. Anyway, he had always been a bit jittery, what with every cow on his family's farm trying to take bites our of his hair, and he was very trigger happy because of his spending by far too much time running away from and shooting those same cows with his family's very legal assault rifle. His family quickly became very poor. Anyway, spending so much time being harassed by cows, you'd think that Fred would want to take as much revenge on his bovine enemies as possible on the dining room battleground, but he could never bring himself to eat as intelligent enemy as a cow, and he could hardly tell the difference between steak and chicken for some reason so he became a vegetarian.  However, all that running from the charging tubs of dairy gave made him fleet of foot and very quick. Additionally, when his family was inevitably put out on the road by his natural tendencies or rather, his anti-nature tendencies, he learned quickly and used his brains to get the next meal on the table. Certainly, he was always on the watch for more cows, even when he was in New York, increasing his perception considerably.

How did the dog get there?

Alas, when the disaster struck, New York became not the sleepless city, but the lifeless city. Fred fled the city the only way he knew how, he followed the nearest four-legged creature across the bridge that I'm pretty sure exists to the mainland, and to a nice rural house in the middle of no where. The dog somehow crawled through a wall into the house, but Fred had to smash a window to get in, and he was lucky enough to find a nice map that scrolled incredibly slowly, er, I mean, oh well. I never respected the fourth wall anyway.

Note that at this point I started to take video of my actions, which you can watch, but I didn't record any audio so as to not disturb the others in this internet cafe. No, waiter, I do not want to leave, now get me some complimentary mints.

Note that Camstudio failed me utterly, and I couldn't get it to record properly. I made it record a window, pressed record, did my stuff, and pressed stop and it showed me a black screen on the video. ****!. Anyway, I think I'll just explain what happened.

Fred walked around the house, first to the bedroom where he found a utility vest with which to carry the tools of destruction he will of course find. In the kitchen, he found a bottle of whiskey and two cans of cola. He then dared venture downstairs into the basement and he screamed like a little girl at the site of a cow! No wait, that was a shadow, anyway, he explored the area and found two strange glasses containing what he thought was a stem cell treatment he saw on TV called a "purifier." Of course, he didn't want to drink some random liquid, so he grabbed a bottle of water from the counters and returned upstairs where he consulted his map to see where to next.

A. Head to the Sporting Utility Store to get some anti-bovine measures. And a backpack.
B. Erm, there's not really another logical action unless...
C. Break into the bank! To Hades with the potential deadly side-effects!

Also, drink or save the Purifier.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2011, 04:07:06 pm »

Drink one purifier and save the other, and then on to sporting goods!
*Hugs*

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2011, 04:31:30 pm »

YES! I got Camstudio working! Screw tech support, clicking random buttons always works! I have to say, video files are simply enormous. About a minute of me walking around takes up more space than my entire 50-some minutes of audio Car Talk. I'm not yet a pro at it, but is there any way to reduce the size of it? I mean, it's 2 minutes and 185 mb.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2011, 06:02:32 pm »

Render it with windows media player or something.
*Hugs*

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2011, 06:28:42 pm »

Well, I have no idea how to do that... But I'll figure it out. Anyway, after like an hour of uploading, it's finally up on YouTube here, but because of the lack of audio, you probably don't want to watch it, so here's my write-up

The Sports Store

Fred exited the house and promptly forgot to drink the purifier (whoops, just remembered that now, I'll drink it next time.)

Luckily, the store had a backpack, which he put on, but he was a bit too encumbered by it, so he decided to go shirtless and take off his T-Shirt. Such manliness. Well, it would have been manly if Fred had any actual muscles, but no matter. He then picked up a few essentials, a lighter, a flashlight, a First aid book, a weapons book, a sewing kit, a cooking book, and some safety glasses. He then picked up what would be the most important tool for the rest of his life: a baseball bat. He had a weird feeling that this had been done before, but he quickly battled down the feeling. He also put on a baseball helmet and prepared for the pitch. He also grabbed a hammer before preparing to leave.

A. Loot the Hardware Store, a Nail Gun would be nice.
B. No, we need to eat, to the Grocery Store to the far ENE
C. But the gold, the gold! We must break into the bank!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:22:24 pm by areyoua »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14