Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Rocktouched - A Community Cave Survival Fort [13 Dwarves left!]  (Read 5850 times)

Fievreux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocktouched - A Community Cave Survival Fort [17 Dwarves left!]
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 07:17:37 pm »

Hey! Is there any chance I can be dorfed, but not play? I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
If so, is there any chance of a dwarf named Six with skills in Marksdwarf, Dodge, and Bowmaking? After a D&D character of mine. :p

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 07:29:32 pm »

We have a very highly skilled bowyer (High Master), but no one with any marksman skills.  I'll Dorf you up as the bowyer, and have her train up her archery skills. 

Edit: LOL thats interesting.  A group of Beak Wolves are sieging, and one of them is mounted on a moose.  XD
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:38:56 pm by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Fievreux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 07:41:50 pm »

Edit: LOL thats interesting.  A group of Beak Wolves are sieging, and one of them is mounted on a moose.  XD

Six the untrained marksdwarf (with her handmade masterwork Pine Bow) will save the day. This is fact.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocktouched - A Community Cave Survival Fort [16 Dwarves left!]
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 07:52:42 pm »

lol well, the fort is sealed from the surface, so they're just out there chilling with the dark stranglers that have been there for nearly a year.  XD

Pics of the entirely explored Cavern Level 1:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:55:54 pm by Crustypeanut »

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 11:12:42 pm »

Wow, you got magma and water right together like that? Lucky break man, that should get you a lot of easy obsidian. i think you're really well off for doing this.

Laughed at the beak wolf riding a moose. XD There's an inappropriate mental image for you.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 08:14:04 am »

Could I be dorfed. Nullus, any gender/profession.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 08:19:07 am »

Crustypeanut, I love your caves! Will you be starting a journal to describe what goes on in the fortress at some point?

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 08:32:02 am »

Alright Nullus, I'll dorf you as an engraver, been needing one of those. 

I do plan on doing more of a journal, the short story above was a bit of an intro as well as a journal. 

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocktouched - A Community Cave Survival Fort [15 Dwarves left!]
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 10:34:06 am »

25th Sandstone, Year 53, Mid-Autumn

It was a joyous day, a day where two of our kind, Atir, the fort's only farmer, and Basque, the doctor, had gotten married.  Though no 'formal' celebrations of any kind were organized, multiple parties were organized by their friends in honor of the occasion, as well as to celebrate the continued survival of Rocktouched.  The parties will most definitely last for months.  Alcohol of all kinds flowed freely, and there was much dancing to be had.

One dwarf who didn't join in the festivities was Flandre.  Although not the de-facto leader of the fort, she had recently been given the task of managing the day to day activities of the fort; keeping stockpiles, managing work orders, and counting the worth of the fort.  Not one of the most glorious jobs, but it was one she did well at.  Numbers and organization came naturally to her, and she was best fit for the job. 

Meanwhile, UristMcHuman, also not attending the parties, had been busy planning an expedition deeper into the caves.  Although a large portion of the topmost layer of caverns had been thoroughly explored and mapped, rumor had it that there were caverns even deeper than these.  Though no passages of any sort were found, he had been mapping a series of artificial tunnels to be dug out soon.  He, along with Vucar and the newest addition to the fort's miltia, a crossbowdwarf by the name of Fievreux, would be the ones to venture forth if the caverns were discovered. 

To defend the fort while it's guards were away, the fort mechanic, Crustypeanut, had been devising a series of simple traps around the fort entrance.  Though they consisted of nothing more than cage traps placed strategically, they had already caught a number of elk bird, naked mole dogs, and a troll.   

4th of Timber, Year 53, Late Autumn

Blood was everywhere.  A beast of monstrous proportions was discovered, lurking in the depths.  It was called Lathi.  It was a large, towering eyeless lizard.  The creature's dark, pink scales were wide and round, and it had a pair of long, thin wings of stretched skin.  On it's tail was a wicked stinger, whose poison could fell the stoutest of dwarf. 

Luckily, however, it's stinger was unable to penetrate the rather roughly made iron armor that the three militia wore.  UristMcHuman and Vucar were first on the scene, and they charged bravely towards the beast.  Fievreux was not far behind, and she had began to rain death onto the beast from afar, using her trusty crossbow. 

After a short, but vicious battle, the dwarves were victories.  Not only that, but they were unscratched.  UristMcHuman had landed the killing blow, ripping open the beast's throat with his axe.

24th of Timber, Year 53, Late Autumn

Praise be to the Miners!  By digging the artificial tunnel that UristMcHuman had commissioned, they had discovered not just the second cavern, but the third as well!  Not far from the tunnel exit was a large, deep pit that linked the two.  While Fievreux stayed behind to guard the fortress, Urist and Vucar went to explore.

The caverns were massive – they made the previous cavern look small.  The second cavern level contained a huge underground lake – nay, with how far it stretched on, it could have only been described as a small sea. 

Looking down into the pit, the cavern below was just as massive.  They had also discovered a THIRD magma tube and... wait.. what is that? It can't be.. there's no way..

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 07:21:11 pm »

I'll take Dobar. His new nickname shall be Pendragon. "Pendragon" Bookhawk, Librarian. He (she?) wants to be the first ever librarian to become king...but until then, he'll be a bureaucrat and hope for some shot at military glory.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:38 pm »

Sure, I'll dorf you when I get back to that fort.  He's gonna be the Manager, since Record Keeper is taken, is that alright?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocktouched - A Community Cave Survival Fort [14 Dwarves left!]
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 08:14:09 pm »

GreatWyrmGold, sorry about that. I suppose you and I are like-minded on favored dwarven professions...

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 10:15:58 pm »

I'd like to be dorfed, preferably as a military dwarf. Name him... "Kiddo"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 10:51:18 pm »

GreatWyrmGold, sorry about that. I suppose you and I are like-minded on favored dwarven professions...
The last name helps, too.

EDIT: Just caught up. Please, POST THE SEED FOR THE WORLD AND STUFF. Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 11:52:53 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 11:24:03 pm »

I'd like to be dorfed, preferably as a military dwarf. Name him... "Kiddo"

You've been dorfed as a iron spear wielding soldier, though you have no combat skills at the moment.  But training with an axelord and hammerlord, you should catch up quickly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4