Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haven't gotten a noble in an immigrant wave...  (Read 665 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Haven't gotten a noble in an immigrant wave...
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:06:39 pm »

Population count 151.  All i've gotten is an administrator and that's really not even a true nobel. Are noble's turned off right now or...?

My hammerer dissarming mechanism took quite a while to make and it has yet to be used.  It's starting to gather dust and the longer i wait before i use it the more likely i am to forget which lever does what and accidentally delimbing the miner rather than brutally murdering calmly educating the Hammerer.  After all we can't jail and then smash the brains off the legendary armor smith in just because Urist McStonecrafter decided not to make the kind of toy that the guildmaster really wanted...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

PenguinHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven't gotten a noble in an immigrant wave...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:10:23 pm »

Have you had any dwarvern caravans or liaison come and visit?

I believe it is the liaison that gives you the promotions, including turning your Expedition Leader to Mayor.
Confirmation anyone?

If no visits, then perhaps your dwarvern Civ is dead. But thinking about it, to get to 150 pop you would have to still be getting Immigration waves. Curious.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:13:00 pm »

no nobles aside from the monarch come in immigration waves, in the current version.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:17:03 pm »

Have you had any dwarvern caravans or liaison come and visit?

I believe it is the liaison that gives you the promotions, including turning your Expedition Leader to Mayor.
Confirmation anyone?

If no visits, then perhaps your dwarvern Civ is dead. But thinking about it, to get to 150 pop you would have to still be getting Immigration waves. Curious.

i still get regular waves but up till recently i have exactly allowed the annual supply of free things caravan to leave.  The liason always has a nice chat with my mayor and doesnt seem to mind his companions getting butchered/drowned/burned/crushed/thrown/etc. engaging in heated debates over whether a steel bar should be worth 1, or 10 stone bracelets.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 10:17:46 pm »

no nobles aside from the monarch come in immigration waves, in the current version.

i am dissapoint :(  I was really looking forward to trying out all my "devices" =(...oh well...that's why we get peasants and lye makers! =D

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:06 am »

You mean you dislike lye makers? D: But how will we make the precious soap?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:02:36 am »

You...experiment on other nearly useless dwarves?! :(