Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75485 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 3: 6/14]
« Reply #480 on: September 06, 2011, 11:51:32 am »

Blarg.   Extend please- need maybe one more day to beat all this out, and let Flandre post more.

Think:  Does the third witch have powers?  If so, what are they?  Also, I call bullshit on you declining to speculate- I want to hear your answer.

Irony:  Let me formalize it:  Are you the golem?  If not, who do you think is what role?  If so, what is your wincon?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 06, 2011, 12:06:49 pm »

Can we please extend for two days? Or one, if that isn't possible.

Seriously, three posts in 24 hours, out which two by the same person? What the hell?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 06, 2011, 12:25:25 pm »

Votecount:

Think0028  - 1 -  Dariush,
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 3 -  Think0028, IronyOwl, Toaster,
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 1 -  Simple,
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  Flandre,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 2 -  Dariush, Toaster,
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end in 1.5 hours.

You need 3 players to Extend and 4 players to Shorten.

IronyOwl, Flandre and Think0028 have been prodded.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 06, 2011, 12:38:29 pm »

Argh. Extend

If i get it right lynching IronyOwl is our best chance to win. Assuming we're not being completely deceived.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 06, 2011, 12:55:04 pm »

Simple:  You seem awfully easy to convince that Irony is the golem.   Why do you agree so readily?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 06, 2011, 01:04:07 pm »

Simple:  You seem awfully easy to convince that Irony is the golem.   Why do you agree so readily?
Here:
Toaster: If he's a golem i have no way of winning so i couldn't care less for this option. It seems unlikely due to inspect stuff(Why would he go around people homes AND kill others ?)
Think: If he were golem urist would still live.
Flandre: If she's golem we will know it soon enough.
Dariush: If he's golem what happened to Jim ? And triple false claim is bit funny to think of.
Irony : Nothing. And there's the fact that he run trough the woods as a merchant but that's rather poor evidence.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2011, 01:11:31 pm »

If we lynch the golem, I lose and four people, including the third witch, remain tomorrow. If we lynch the witch, I convert the golem and four people (counting the golemkill) excluding the third witch remain tomorrow. Guess what is preferable?

Also, it would be insanely hilarious if town wincon would be lynching the inquisitor. It is too risky to do so now, but I just write this so after the game ends I could say 'Muahaha! I told you so!' if we lose.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 06, 2011, 01:19:46 pm »

Four people ? You lied again ? How do you expect me to believe you..

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:41 pm »

Who are those four, Dariush?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 06, 2011, 01:36:51 pm »

Huh? I thought it was obvious.

We lynch the golem (Irony) -> tomorrow remain Toaster, Simple, Flandre, Think.
We lynch the witch (Think) -> tomorrow remain Irony and three out of the following four: Flandre, Toaster, Simple and me.

Actually wait, I forgot about Flandre dying tonight. Yeah, that brings us down to three either way, but still with the witch if we lynch the golem and without it if we lynch the witch.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 06, 2011, 01:47:13 pm »

Extend. I spent Monday preparing for a presentation that I just finished.

Toaster: The third witch's powers were mentioned earlier: The third witch has a small chance of being notified of magical actions (McArathos has a medium chance, Jim has a medium-high chance), and she shows up as non-magical. She also has access to witch chat and anonymous chat.

As for the third witch's identity, while the main reason I refused to speculate was an instruction from Jim not to, there is another real and pressing concern: I have no bloody idea. The third witch didn't participate much in my chat. They posted four times in total, with short sentences every time. The only person I could think of that it might not be is Simple, because English isn't his first language and they were properly written, but hell, he might've just been careful in editing to make sure his posts weren't obviously his.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 06, 2011, 02:08:10 pm »

Votecount:

Think0028  - 1 -  Dariush,
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 3 -  Think0028, IronyOwl, Toaster,
IronyOwl  - 1 -  Simple,
Flandre  - 0 - 
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  Flandre,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 4 -  Dariush, Toaster, Simple, Think0028
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day has been extended to Wednesday, 8PM GMT.

I wouldn't normally allow a 4th extend, but seeing as how half the playerbase had to be prodded and the rest aren't remarkably active at best, I thought I'd let it pass.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:20 pm »

Huh? I thought it was obvious.

We lynch the golem (Irony) -> tomorrow remain Toaster, Simple, Flandre, Think.
We lynch the witch (Think) -> tomorrow remain Irony and three out of the following four: Flandre, Toaster, Simple and me.

Actually wait, I forgot about Flandre dying tonight. Yeah, that brings us down to three either way, but still with the witch if we lynch the golem and without it if we lynch the witch.
Well in my opinion dealing with one not-entirely-known threat is better than leaving two alive. Why are you so obsessed about lynching witches if they did (probably) nothing that harmed the town yet ?

Think: Heh i hope my English is not that bad. You did not answer what witches know about golem and bracelet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 06, 2011, 03:47:10 pm »

That's a good question.  Why do you want witches gone, Dariush?

And no hard feelings, but I think town's chances of winning are higher with getting rid of Team Golem first.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 06, 2011, 06:20:57 pm »

Aside from Jim getting murdered by the golem, the witches know nothing about the golem. Jack shit about the bracelet as well.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39