Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75515 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 3: 6/14]
« Reply #450 on: September 02, 2011, 12:39:27 pm »

Votecount:

Think0028  - 1 -  Dariush,
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 3 -  Think0028, IronyOwl, Toaster,
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 1 -  Simple,
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  Flandre,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 3 -  Think0028, Dariush, Simple
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day has been extended to Monday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 players to Extend and 4 players to Shorten.

Maybe a prod for the Irony wouldn't be misplaced?

Since he posted within the last 24h, I can't prod him.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 02, 2011, 12:58:25 pm »

Dariush: Who exactly is this wizard that supposedly hired you ? Any details on him ? What's his connection to you ?
All that I know is that he is one of the most powerful and influental people in the capital. I met him for the first time when I got this task from him.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 02, 2011, 01:18:04 pm »

Dariush: Who exactly is this wizard that supposedly hired you ? Any details on him ? What's his connection to you ?
All that I know is that he is one of the most powerful and influental people in the capital. I met him for the first time when I got this task from him.
So... You know completely nothing of him ? How your pm was like ? Powerful wizard from capital send you here with a spell! Yet he mumbled something about "soul releasing" ? It's sounds pretty inconsistent. Even if you think revealing this is pointless, some decals could be more convincing.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 02, 2011, 05:13:59 pm »

Simple: Nuke ain't talking, I'll ask the witches about the third witch's powers.

Otto has chimed in with more info: Gregory 'Ottofar' Mead, farmer and brewer. He lives a little far from town, slight affinity for brewing, only one unaffected by the crop plague, was bringing his goods to town when killed by a 'large muscular chiseled man'. He could walk significantly fast and was much stronger than Otto.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 02, 2011, 08:33:41 pm »

Also what the fuck does the fact that I'm clean-shaven and leave in a barn have to do with each other?
I really have to explain this? You're the sort of person who meticulously shaves everyday, yet also can't be bothered to rent a room when he's got a nice warm barn to sleep in?

Wow, nice. Did you expect LNCP to add in my role PM "Little did you know that the wizard was also going to the village to run around murdering people and frame you for it"? No, I didn't know anything about it until Think's quote of Jim's words. How about you support your accusations with... anything? Except asspulls, that is.
For starters, this would make your wincon either completely nonsensical, as it wouldn't benefit you in the slightest, or an outright lie, as it wouldn't be, imply, or morph reasonably into your real one. Unless you can think of a reason why you'd want that amulet under any and all circumstances, I don't believe you'd be given a wincon like that.

Secondly, you immediately assumed the killer wizard was your wizard, despite magic evidently being common enough for a common mercenary to know/learn some. Oops!

Uh. Because Think quoted Jim that they didn't have an NK?
Right, but why did you believe confirmed scum on that? I mean, you questioned it later, sure, but right when it happened you were all "Oh yeah, I know that wizard!"

By the way, after reading that quote, do you (that means everyone) really think that a wizard would've been given an NK that can be passively detected by a witch? 'A large column of light coming from Vector's house'? Seriously?
Makes sense if you assume it's basically a random-target magic-only follow action.

As for not mentioning the pillar of light part, I didn't know about the details til Jim and Urist provided some more.
So you're telling me Jim was the one who saw an action-movie wizard, robes flowing dramatically, slow-mo walking away from an exploding house, and described this as "I saw him leaving?"

Toaster, yeah, apparently the last witch isn't willing to claim and Jim and Urist aren't telling me who the last witch is. I haven't heard anything from the last witch in my private chat in a while, either.
So you're not fucked, haven't given up, and are instead lying to us to try to avoid attention.

Nice.

As for my flavor, my name is Hugh "IronyOwl" Hughes, traveling merchant and entrepreneur. Rather than specializing in a particular route or type of good, I make a living hunting down the best deals and transporting them from place to place, and I like to think I'm rather good at it. Up until recently, I appeared to be right.

Some bad fortune on my part has put me in dire financial straits and interfered with my fairly opulent lifestyle. In desperation, I decided to take a chance by heading to a small farming village known for good crops, despite rumors that it'd fallen on hard times recently. I also ignored my better judgement taking a shortcut through the woods, which turned out to be a somewhat harrowing experience. I could swear I was being followed, and completed the last portion damn-near running and looking over my shoulder. Nothing came of it, however.

Anyway, turns out the crops aren't doing so great but the other merchants are in a hurry, so that's a mixed bag. I rented a room at the inn and began considering how I'm going to turn a profit off this while still escaping unscathed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 02, 2011, 11:12:21 pm »

Sorry for the delay.

Christopher Daubernon here.

Simple:  I assume there could be non-magical killers or non-killing magical entities.

Dariush:
Dariush:  Fine: not changing it, but adding little details after the fact to excuse what others are claiming against you.
Ahem. How was I supposed to know that my facial hair will concern someone in the future?

It's more than just that- your claim has been generally poor.

I stated a theory which may or may not be true (but probably is). Again, I had no way of knowing that the fact I'm using a spell to track a bracelet would be relevant in the future. Do you take me for an Oracle?

Do you have any basis for this theory?  Who do you think is the wizard?

Also, how are you casting this spell?

Also, a thought just struck me - Think isn't necessarily a medium, but may be another witch who can sense magic, and his Jim's quote is either fully made up or comes from the scumchat. Really, what could have prevented Jim from LYING? If it is true, it would be insanely easy for Think to frame me using details I haven't yet revealed. Or there might be no wizard at all, but just the last witch (Think) with an NK that we attributed to wizard. Really, the whole current situtation hangs on the fact that we assume him to be telling the truth, since most of the information about witches comes from his quote. Unvote meanwhile.

Doesn't this require Think to know these details about you before you reveal them?  This is extremely convoluted.

Anyway, I think I've cracked this case.  Let's run down the list:

Toaster:  Inquisitor.  Town.
Flandre:  Lover with Jim.  Town.  Will die tonight (If not, lynch him.)
Dariush:  Wizard.  Self-aligned.  Lynch him today. [1]
Think:  Medium.  Witch-aligned/ally.  I guess he'll lose by default if he can't win?
Irony:  The third witch.  Lynch him D5.
Simple:  The other killer.  Lynch him D4.

It's possible I have Simple and Irony backwards, but I don't think so.

[1]  I do have an alternate theory if he's telling the truth.  If he is lynched and isn't a wizard, it's Think, who just happens to be a medium as well, and they're knowingly aligned, with Dariush scouting and Think killing.  This is unlikely due to the Vector issue, but I wanted to put it out there.  Simple, if Dariush isn't the wizard, you should kill Think.  Think, you should kill Simple for being about to kill you.

Reasoning for all this below:

First up is Dariush:
In reply 167, he mentions giant footprints outside his window- a window he probably doesn't have in a barn.  Looks to me like he's putting out something to cover something he already knows.

In retrospect, this is a pretty blatant bandwagon, indicative of someone who doesn't really care about who he lynches.

Next is Irony.

Why do I think he's the last witch?  Couple reasons.  Here he is lightly defending Urist from Max, and returning fire in the process.   Noteworthy is that Irony's RV questions are to both known witches.  I'll grant it's a very weak reason, but I want it out there anyway.

That would of course leave out Simple as the other killer.  I don't think Urist would have been so on top of him if they were allied, though this is far from sure.

I couldn't get much on Think, so I default to believing his claim, unless the Dariush team idea I mentioned above holds.  Dariush's lynch should bear that out, though.

One question, though- how is Jim a maiden if he's been sodomizing/being sodomized by* Flandre?

*I can't hold back asking any more- which is it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 03, 2011, 06:40:34 am »

Flandre: You earlier mentioned something about your wincon being dying by proxy... And now you only say you're lovers with jim. I'm waiting for something more on the topic.Also what's your theory on what's going on here ?

Toaster: I don't like how you marked me as sk just because there are six of us. I know that saying it is basically useless but : i'm a villager. I wouldn't and you marking me such but from my point of view this theory simply cannot be true. I agree that lynching dariush is so far best choice we have but if you're telling the truth we're the only townies left and it makes me feel that we still have chance to win if we play it right so we should be more careful. Even if you don't believe that i'm villager at least consider this option.

Random thoughts:
 Urist death could be golem kill that backfired - it's rather common story in which golem turns against it's owner.In this case dariush bracelet is probably control device. It's still possible that his a wizard trying to retrieve it, though. SK+Non-standard Mafia kill is more sensible than two Sk and a friendly mafia. Especially if the game is meant to be semi-bastard.

Think mentioned that nuke,max,bd souls were missing. How he come up with the "souls" there ? Even if it's not very weird it's still pretty specific.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 03, 2011, 08:10:22 pm »

I am poking my head in to say that I am not lurking, and will contribute tomorrow some time after noon. It looks like a complicated mess, though, so I guess it will be enjoyable in a painful sort of way... Until then, goodnight!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2011, 09:24:26 pm »

Simple:
Toaster: I don't like how you marked me as sk just because there are six of us. I know that saying it is basically useless but : i'm a villager. I wouldn't and you marking me such but from my point of view this theory simply cannot be true. I agree that lynching dariush is so far best choice we have but if you're telling the truth we're the only townies left and it makes me feel that we still have chance to win if we play it right so we should be more careful. Even if you don't believe that i'm villager at least consider this option.

So who do you think the last witch is?

Think:  Please resolve this discrepancy:

Simple: ... and Max White, Nuke, and Bd are all MIA, souls taken by something else.

Simple: Nuke ain't talking, I'll ask the witches about the third witch's powers.

First you say he's not there, then you say he's just not talking.  Which is it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 04, 2011, 12:04:01 am »

NUKE is not there whatsoever, should've been more specific the second time.
The third witch has a small chance of being notified of magical actions (McArathos has a medium chance, I have a medium-high chance), and she shows up as non-magical. She also has access to witch chat and anonymous chat.

Jim:
So you're telling me Jim was the one who saw an action-movie wizard, robes flowing dramatically, slow-mo walking away from an exploding house, and described this as "I saw him leaving?"

Yep! No slow-motion, though. And the magic was what gave him away as a wizard, not his robes. The robes were from when I died. And  only Urist and I saw the explosion. But yes, otherwise, that's exactly right.

Simple: If you were a drunkard, why didn't you mention the alcohol before?

IronyOwl: It's convenient that you don't mention uniquely identifiable about you. What would we find if, say, Toaster inspects you three times tonight?

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 04, 2011, 12:05:38 am »

Irony: I was told by Jim and Urist they were giving up, and I decided to go with them. I don't know why the third witch is bucking the trend, and neither do Jim and Urist.

Simple: I was told about their souls specifically in PM.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 04, 2011, 12:06:29 am »

The I in the description of the third witches powers is Jim, not me. I was editing something Jim said and forgot to change the pronoun.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 04, 2011, 02:53:58 am »

The third witch has a small chance of being notified of magical actions (McArathos has a medium chance, I have a medium-high chance)
Nice slip, you scum.

It's kinda awesome how both Toaster and Irony completely ignore the fact that Think is may be a lying witch. Totally "awesome".

Busy as fuck, more later.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 04, 2011, 07:05:12 am »

Simple:
-snip-

So who do you think the last witch is?
Right now it's either flandre (which will explain why they lost already, but the lover part makes it rather unlikely) or think. However looking at all roles i find it very likely that jim tells the truth, town full of millers and one cop  aginast sk or two and mafia clouded by bastardness ? Anyway Dariush claim is the most shady and inconsistent so i guess it hardly changes a thing right now.

Yep! No slow-motion, though. And the magic was what gave him away as a wizard, not his robes. The robes were from when I died. And  only Urist and I saw the explosion. But yes, otherwise, that's exactly right.
So you're mixing two different events to make him look bad ? Hmm i wonder if the witches have confirmation that you're witch ally... Meh, only you can provide it so it's rather pointless question.

Simple: If you were a drunkard, why didn't you mention the alcohol before?
First of all because it was not something very prominent in my pm, and calling someone who takes few drinks on the weekend a drunkard  is bit of a exaggeration. The other reason was that i feared that urist example could not be as random as it looked.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 04, 2011, 10:50:35 am »

Simple:  Why do you think that?  That is why I continue to suspect you- I don't think I've seen one scum hunting post from you this whole game.  All you do is point fingers without saying why.

I don't buy that the alcohol isn't important to you.  Per a clarification from LNCP, the flavor becomes more specific and helpful each time I investigate you.  The expensive whiskey under the bed was the most significant thing I found the third time, besides the lack of the little things you'd expect someone's bedroom to accrue.  It's like the only thing you do in your bedroom is manage the inn and drink- zero signs of a personal life.  Do you not see how that could be suspicious?

Dariush:
It's kinda awesome how both Toaster and Irony completely ignore the fact that Think is may be a lying witch. Totally "awesome".

It's something I've considered.   Who do you think is actually what?

Let me just ask that to everyone, then!

Irony:  Who do you think is the third witch?

Flandre:  Who do you think is the third witch?

Think:  Do you know who the third witch is?  If not, who do you think it is?  Are they talking in the anonchat you mentioned?  Surely there's mannerisms in there that you could pick up on to identify the speaker?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39