Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75517 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 3: 6/14]
« Reply #420 on: September 01, 2011, 06:17:30 am »

Dariush:  Fine: not changing it, but adding little details after the fact to excuse what others are claiming against you.

On lovers:  It's actually very frequent in Mafia games that lovers are not of the same alignment.

I'll grant you the fact and reasoning bit, so here we go:

You state your claim.  Jim (via Think) claims something that implicates you.  You change your claim to accommodate that and then propose something completely outlandish to explain yourself.

Clear?

By the way, after reading that quote, do you (that means everyone) really think that a wizard would've been given an NK that can be passively detected by a witch? 'A large column of light coming from Vector's house'? Seriously?

Do you really think that a wizard would bother sending you down here and then follow you, start killing people, and then try to frame you for it?

Do you really think that you'd be given such a hard wincon?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 01, 2011, 07:01:36 am »

Dariush:  Fine: not changing it, but adding little details after the fact to excuse what others are claiming against you.
Ahem. How was I supposed to know that my facial hair will concern someone in the future?
On lovers:  It's actually very frequent in Mafia games that lovers are not of the same alignment.
I've never seen  a game with this role, but whatever. Let's see what Flandre prepared for us in her roleclaim.
I'll grant you the fact and reasoning bit, so here we go:
You state your claim.  Jim (via Think) claims something that implicates you.  You change your claim to accommodate that and then propose something completely outlandish to explain yourself.
Clear?
I stated a theory which may or may not be true (but probably is). Again, I had no way of knowing that the fact I'm using a spell to track a bracelet would be relevant in the future. Do you take me for an Oracle?
Do you really think that a wizard would bother sending you down here and then follow you, start killing people, and then try to frame you for it?
Why not? This is a bastard mod, after all.
Do you really think that you'd be given such a hard wincon?
No, I really think that finding the bracelet isn't my actual wincon, but I have no way of learning the real one before I fulfill the present one (probably).

Also, a thought just struck me - Think isn't necessarily a medium, but may be another witch who can sense magic, and his Jim's quote is either fully made up or comes from the scumchat. Really, what could have prevented Jim from LYING? If it is true, it would be insanely easy for Think to frame me using details I haven't yet revealed. Or there might be no wizard at all, but just the last witch (Think) with an NK that we attributed to wizard. Really, the whole current situtation hangs on the fact that we assume him to be telling the truth, since most of the information about witches comes from his quote. Unvote meanwhile.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 01, 2011, 09:19:50 am »

Dariush:What this spell is supposed to do ? What is the effect when you target wrong person ? And stop lying about your wincon. It's clearly stated that mod will never directly lie so you the wincon you got must be true. Of course i don't believe it's the one you revealed.

Think0028: You said before that Jim magic-sight is unique and now urist have it too ? Jim had no abilities aside from it ? Could you ask everyone who's active on deadchat to state how they died ? Ask Jim if he knows anything about the blue blood found around "wizard" victims.

Toaster: I forgot to ask this before but as inquisitor do you have any additional information about witches?

My guess is that we have golem and his master making this mess. I'm not yet sure if they are in league but it will be more fitting with the with the "witches are not the main" threat theme.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 01, 2011, 09:42:27 am »

Dariush:What this spell is supposed to do ?
Just find the bracelet.
What is the effect when you target wrong person ?
I 'feel tickling in my fingers'.
And stop lying about your wincon. It's clearly stated that mod will never directly lie so you the wincon you got must be true. Of course i don't believe it's the one you revealed.
If the mod doesn't lie, I'm stuck with the one I have. I told the truth, believe it or not.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #424 on: September 01, 2011, 01:43:25 pm »

Votecount:

Think0028  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 3 -  Think0028, IronyOwl, Toaster,
IronyOwl  - 1 -  Dariush,
Flandre  - 1 -  Simple,
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  Flandre,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end in 30 minutes.

You need 3 players to Extend and 4 players to Shorten.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 01, 2011, 02:08:22 pm »

I still do not have time to post on a computer! Extend.

If the extension does not go through, then just know that I was a town-aligned entity unknowingly in love with a witch. My mother is sick in bed due to over-exertion in trying to maintain the hexed crops. Jim and I would run off into the woods periodically to speak in peace away from prying eyes, under a large white tree in a clearing, in the woods. My father was a drunk lumberjack who would spend all of his ill-gotten money dealing with poached timber on alcohol, and my mother were farmhands as a result.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2011, 02:09:40 pm »

EBWODP: My mother and I were farmhands as a result.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 01, 2011, 02:18:46 pm »

The Day will end in 30 minutes.
Oh great, extend.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 01, 2011, 02:37:08 pm »

Extend. More for Flandre than Dariush, but whatever.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 01, 2011, 02:38:40 pm »

Votecount:

Think0028  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 3 -  Think0028, IronyOwl, Toaster,
IronyOwl  - 1 -  Dariush,
Flandre  - 1 -  Simple,
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  Flandre,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 3 -  Flandre, Dariush, IronyOwl
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day has been extended to Friday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 players to Extend and 4 players to Shorten.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 01, 2011, 03:59:25 pm »

Crap, really?

Extend

Need every claim.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 01, 2011, 04:40:05 pm »

I will eat, and then post. Sorry, everyone.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 01, 2011, 06:16:30 pm »

I'm going to start transcribing dead chat in a bit, but first things first: Irony, I did not intend to keep my witch-ally status hidden, I was just incredibly out of it and didn't write it explicitly. The 'We came here to observe something' part was supposed to imply that. As for not mentioning the pillar of light part, I didn't know about the details til Jim and Urist provided some more. Toaster, yeah, apparently the last witch isn't willing to claim and Jim and Urist aren't telling me who the last witch is. I haven't heard anything from the last witch in my private chat in a while, either.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 01, 2011, 06:22:59 pm »

Jim says:

Also, ask Jim if the wizard has any connections to the witches, why he owned a pair of iron boots, and what he means by possessing the landlord's son.

No connection as far as he knows. He owns a pair of iron boots, that's all he got in the flavor of the guy he possessed. The body that died wasn't actually Jim, but a villager he was possessing as a witch.

You said before that Jim magic-sight is unique and now urist have it too ? Jim had no abilities aside from it ? Could you ask everyone who's active on deadchat to state how they died ? Ask Jim if he knows anything about the blue blood found around "wizard" victims.
It's not unique, just rare. Jim's has a higher chance of working than Urist's. Jim also had Witchchat, Loverchat, Anonchat, and dies the night phase after his lover is killed. No clue about the blue blood.

Jim also wants to see full flavor claims from Simple and Irony, and wants to know what Toaster's win conditions are explicitly.

Urist says: he had Witchchat and Anonchat, small chance to notice magical effects, and a one shot non-witch revive that went unused because it was being saved for a Town power role.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 01, 2011, 06:48:45 pm »

Okay.

First of all, my name is something I did not intend on giving out, because it sounded negatively aligned: Thomas Killigrew. My father is a lumberjack who deals in poached timber, and as such only works at night in the woods, so it is a reasonable assumption that he must be doing something to live up to the family name. I am the oldest of my father's sons, and my mother and I were farmhands to make up for the money lost to my father's drinking habits (which was not much). We lived like this for several years, and lately we have seen much crop failure, my mother in bed with a fever for over-exerting herself trying to make up for it, and news of witches who were apparently behind these failures. I have heard that these witches could control individuals, and that they were after the farmers.
Jim (Nathaniel) is apparently starry-eyed. I have found him wandering the woods in a carefree manner (read: frolicking) and I have fallen in love with him, spending every night with my Jimmy-kins under a great white tree in the woods, discussing Mafia (*cough* and/while/or committing sodomy *cough*).
This is me, in a nutshell.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39