Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75449 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 3: 6/14]
« Reply #405 on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:57 pm »

Derp: Simple raises the excellent point- not you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2011, 03:17:10 pm »

I forgot this:
Dariush: there's a mention of lone stranger in the barn in the first post of this thread.

And i agree with Toaster that's bit incomplete claim to say at least.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2011, 03:28:59 pm »

Votecount:

Think0028  - 1 -  Toaster,
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 1 -  Think0028,
IronyOwl  - 1 -  Dariush,
Flandre  - 1 -  Simple,
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 2 -  Flandre, IronyOwl,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end Thursday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 players to Extend and 4 players to Shorten.

Ah fuck, tried to catch a typo.

The Preview button is your friend.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2011, 04:02:06 pm »

I'm a Medium that learned how to speak with the dead from the Witches. I was allowed to talk to the Witches anonymously while they were alive, and I can talk to anyone who's dead. My win condition was to win with them, so I'm fucked as well. I also have a random chance to die any given day/night. I don't know why Flandre isn't dead, Jim told me he's lovers with Flandre. Jim got a PM saying he saw Dariush running from the crime scene.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 31, 2011, 04:03:19 pm »

This is Jim, from beyond the grave:

Think0028, my role PM states that if Flandre died, I wouldn't necessarily die immediately, but I could die immediately. I imagine it was the same way for Flandre.

Also, I got word of Dariush leaving Vector's house in my result for Night 1. This was a passive ability, where I occasionally get notice of magical happenings during the night. It also explicitly said Dariush was a wizard, because there was magical falloff coming off of him, after a large column of light came from Vector's house. (Apparently I am one of few people who can see magic.)

Also, our wincons say that we have to eliminate the villagers but our flavor indicates no malicious intent whatsoever. Something's up when we have a one shot resurrect we can't use on ourselves.

Also, tell Toaster to stop being dense.

Also, tell everybody that Simple is probably one of the killers because, "Oh, I'm just a simple villager! Not a jot more to say about that!" Liar liar liar liar. Oh, and how he's totally buddying up to Toaster just now.

Also, Toaster is probably who he says he is, because as a witch I did own a pair of iron boots. This was before I possessed the landlord's son, however. Apparently I kept them afterwards, which is news to me.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 31, 2011, 04:29:01 pm »

So if i get it right : You're witch-aligned medium. So there's third witch somewhere out there  ? And you/they say you lost already ? Why is that ? And why you said "we're here to observe something" before ? How exactly your cooperation with witches looked ?

So current claims:

Think0028 : Witch-aligned Medium
Toaster  : Town-aligned flavor cop
Dariush Third Party something
IronyOwl : ?
Flandre : ?
Simple : Villager

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 31, 2011, 08:20:25 pm »

I am too tired to write anything significant tonight (and I am posting this from my phone, besides), but tomorrow I will make a decent role-claim. Toaster, I was indeed in a relationship with Jim. We are both male, so I am guilty of sodomy, and I am an implied miller as a result. I knew nothing of his alignment, and my life ends tonight to my grief of his loss. I will note that it is ironic that my wincon required me to die by proxy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 31, 2011, 08:23:31 pm »

Jim/Think:  Problem over Dariush is that I believe his claim for the same reason that you believe mine- he correctly pointed out something from my flavor that I hadn't mentioned (the fact that I sleep in the chair).  It's something that I seriously doubt he'd guess.

The thing is that his wincon is extremely hard, even for a third party- almost too hard.  I'd believe that there's something he's not telling us still.

Jim, did you use said boots to stomp people?  Why should be believe you?  Why have you lost when there's still (I assume) a third witch?

Has your passive shown you anything else?  What do you know about who killed you two?

(Also, dense about what?)

Flandre:  I see.  Waiting for more, since you're certainly implying there is more.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 01, 2011, 12:33:50 am »

Here's a followup from the scum. I have recently learned I'm not allowed to quote deadchat, so I will try to paraphrase their words. At Jim's request, I've tried to preserve his insults.

Jim/Think: Problem over Dariush is that I believe his claim for the same reason that you believe mine- he correctly pointed out something from my flavor that I hadn't mentioned (the fact that I sleep in the chair). It's something that I seriously doubt he'd guess.

The thing is that his wincon is extremely hard, even for a third party- almost too hard. I'd believe that there's something he's not telling us still.

Vector's death's flavor that Jim got highly indicated not only that Dariush was there, but that he was a wizard with magic flowing off of him. Also, Jim was killed by a man in robes, with parchment, scraggly beard, and a rod, i.e. obviously a 'motherfucking wizard'. No matter how accurate his claim is, Dariush is hiding something, and unless you want two SK's during the night, you should probably lynch him. Urist also confirms the magical explosion in Vector's death.

Jim also says that 'you're being dumb' about the boots. There were 2 kills and both targeted witches. If the witches had a kill, why would they target themselves? Urist has come in with more information about his killer as well, a 'chiseled appearance and great physique'. This isn't someone killing people with metal boots, this is someone that's very likely golem. Dariush was also killed with a punch to the head, which requires super human strength.

As for having already lost, Jim says they're two down with no kill, which leaves a very small chance of winning even in the best of conditions. They were considering claiming due to the conflict between their flavor and their goals, and Jim and Urist have decided the best thing they can do is tell all from the grave.

As for being dense, as Jim puts it, the scum team is spilling its motherfucking secrets. Wait, you're an Inquisitor, so you're going to be a stubborn ass anyways. The town should lynch the SK's and then you.

None of the above is my own thoughts.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 01, 2011, 03:54:52 am »

I forgot this:
Dariush: there's a mention of lone stranger in the barn in the first post of this thread.
Yeah, that's probably me. Though I don't know what 'dog death' has to do with it. Or maybe it referred to the hound?...
*Dariush:  This is Day 3- did you mean N0/1/2 instead of N1/2/3?
Yes, that's what I meant.
Many people are missing from deadchat: Nuke, Max, and Bd's souls are all missing, presumably taken by someone.
We were here to observe something important, still don't know what. Hopefully Dariush's death will tell more.
Ooookaaaay... Souls are missing? This fits in with my employer's warning about golem. Probably if I find the bracelet, the souls will be released. Also, I can confirm Think's claim - I didn't mention it, by I'm using a simple spell to track the bracelet. I think that it's magic is what was noticed by Jim and that is why my employer warned me about witches.

Okay, so witches don't have anything to do with NK. If Think tells the truth, Flandre is one, which leaves Irony and Simple as a golem and whoever explodes people.

PPE: My description clearly mentions that I'm clean-shaven. Huh, it looks like my wizard is also in the village and he's the one doing the killings, trying to blame it on me using the spell. In any case, both Irony and Simple are SKs, so my vote remains unchanged.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 01, 2011, 04:16:41 am »

Just a Villager here.

Think, why did your initial claim, despite mentioning the scum as "we," not explicitly state you were witch-aligned?

Similarly, why was your initial claim simply that Dariush was seen leaving Vector's house, when what you really meant was that he was an obvious, blatant wizard leaving Vector's house after a column of light erupted from it and she was found magically slain?

Finally, why exactly has the scum given up while still basically having two members out of six total?

Also, ask Jim if the wizard has any connections to the witches, why he owned a pair of iron boots, and what he means by possessing the landlord's son.

Okay, I admit to taking the most bullshit way out of this.
I don't like this. In addition to either informing me ahead of time that your scumhunting of me is toothless or preemptively admitting that you're trying to lynch for terrible reasons, what do you mean by "way out of this?" That doesn't sound like a "we need to find scum" type phrase.

Irony, you're the only who didn't interact with Urist in the entire game whatsoever.
To be honest, I suspect there's a number of people I haven't interacted with meaningfully all game; my activity hasn't been as high as I'd like.

NINJA'D:

Yeah, that's probably me. Though I don't know what 'dog death' has to do with it. Or maybe it referred to the hound?...
So... you raggedly dragged yourself into a barn in the dead of night and just sort of stayed there night after night, never bothering to so much as rent a room.

Yet you're clean-shaven.

I wanted to pressure Think first, but this is just too obvious, Dariush. You're a lying wizard who lives in a barn.

I didn't mention it, by I'm using a simple spell to track the bracelet. I think that it's magic is what was noticed by Jim and that is why my employer warned me about witches.

PPE: My description clearly mentions that I'm clean-shaven. Huh, it looks like my wizard is also in the village and he's the one doing the killings, trying to blame it on me using the spell.
This is just way too convenient. "Oh yeah, I'm here because of a wizard. What's that, you say I am a wizard? Uh, no, I'm perfectly clean-shaven, that's probably just this spell I have here that I forgot to mention, plus my wizard employer is here pinning the blame on me for some reason!"

Tell me. What does this do to your wincon if the only reason you're here is to fetch an item for someone who's setting you up?

Okay, so witches don't have anything to do with NK. If Think tells the truth, Flandre is one, which leaves Irony and Simple as a golem and whoever explodes people.
And here you forget about your own bullshit wizard claim. Not "the wizard," not "my employer," not even "the guy who's setting me up." Instead, it's "whoever this mysterious person is who's exploding people using unknown means and for whatever reason."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 01, 2011, 04:44:05 am »

So... you raggedly dragged yourself into a barn in the dead of night and just sort of stayed there night after night, never bothering to so much as rent a room.

Yet you're clean-shaven.

I wanted to pressure Think first, but this is just too obvious, Dariush. You're a lying wizard who lives in a barn.
The fuck? Do you have any basis for your words?
Tell me. What does this do to your wincon if the only reason you're here is to fetch an item for someone who's setting you up?
I'll first fulfill it and then see the results.
And here you forget about your own bullshit wizard claim. Not "the wizard," not "my employer," not even "the guy who's setting me up." Instead, it's "whoever this mysterious person is who's exploding people using unknown means and for whatever reason."
While I was writing that post, Think quoted the appearance of the killer, so before I saw his post, I had no idea about who the killer may be. Now, why are you so sure that I knew that the wizard was doing the killings? Are you one yourself?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 01, 2011, 05:25:04 am »

Dariush:
Also, I can confirm Think's claim - I didn't mention it, by I'm using a simple spell to track the bracelet. I think that it's magic is what was noticed by Jim and that is why my employer warned me about witches.

Changing your claim again, hmm?

You're going to have to back up that accusation with facts or reasoning.

PPE: My description clearly mentions that I'm clean-shaven. Huh, it looks like my wizard is also in the village and he's the one doing the killings, trying to blame it on me using the spell. In any case, both Irony and Simple are SKs, so my vote remains unchanged.

SMELLS LIKE BULLSHIT

Unvote Think

Dariush.

At least tell me how you knew I slept in the chair- it's the only thing that's bugging the hell out of me.

I take it the last witch doesn't want to claim.

Toaster:  Inquisitor
Think:  Witch-aligned medium
Dariush:  Liar/Wizard
Simple:  Villager...?
Flandre:  Jim's Lover, claims he will die tonight, hasn't explicitly claimed alignment (Implied miller, implied town)
Irony:  Villager

Going to read to see who else is lying.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 01, 2011, 05:46:30 am »

Yet you're clean-shaven.

The fuck? Do you have any basis for your words?
I refuse to believe that you're clean-shaven enough for it to be worth mentioning in your role PM, yet living in a goddamned barn.

Let me rephrase that.

You need to find an amulet for a guy who's running around murdering people and framing you for it, yet you don't know anything about it and aren't on his team.

Bullshit.

While I was writing that post, Think quoted the appearance of the killer, so before I saw his post, I had no idea about who the killer may be. Now, why are you so sure that I knew that the wizard was doing the killings? Are you one yourself?
Wait a second. Why did you immediately believe the witches had nothing to do with the killings if you didn't assume a wizard did it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2011, 06:05:53 am »

Dariush:
Also, I can confirm Think's claim - I didn't mention it, by I'm using a simple spell to track the bracelet. I think that it's magic is what was noticed by Jim and that is why my employer warned me about witches.

Changing your claim again, hmm?
Where did I change it? Yes, I didn't mention every single fucking little detail that may or may not have relevance. If I mention everything, it wouldn't be any different from copying role PM (which would actually be the easiest way to do that).

Jim is a witch. Flandre is his lover. Thus, she is also a witch, unless I'm misunderstanding the way it works. Since we have roles of four people, that leaves Irony and Simple as our SKs.

SMELLS LIKE BULLSHIT

Unvote Think

Dariush.
Nice little bit of hypocrisy you put there.
At least tell me how you knew I slept in the chair- it's the only thing that's bugging the hell out of me.
Already did.

PPE again:

I refuse to believe that you're clean-shaven enough for it to be worth mentioning in your role PM, yet living in a goddamned barn.
LNCP mentioned a whole load of little details, among which was my clean-shavedness. I judged it was relevant now, so I revealed it. Also what the fuck does the fact that I'm clean-shaven and leave in a barn have to do with each other?
Let me rephrase that.

You need to find an amulet for a guy who's running around murdering people and framing you for it, yet you don't know anything about it and aren't on his team.

Bullshit.
Wow, nice. Did you expect LNCP to add in my role PM "Little did you know that the wizard was also going to the village to run around murdering people and frame you for it"? No, I didn't know anything about it until Think's quote of Jim's words. How about you support your accusations with... anything? Except asspulls, that is.
Wait a second. Why did you immediately believe the witches had nothing to do with the killings if you didn't assume a wizard did it?
Uh. Because Think quoted Jim that they didn't have an NK?

By the way, after reading that quote, do you (that means everyone) really think that a wizard would've been given an NK that can be passively detected by a witch? 'A large column of light coming from Vector's house'? Seriously?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39