Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75528 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 2: 10/14]
« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2011, 08:22:53 pm »

Pandar:  Who cares?  Down that road lies much wine.

Simple:  I'll be waiting.  For the record, that sounds like a telefrag to me- or, in fantasy terms, a demon being summoned through someone's body.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2011, 12:57:31 am »

Simple

I'm still standing by my case from yesterday for now, though I'm definitely curious about what's going on today.

Dariush

I asked you a question at the close of Day 1, probably got lost in the last-minute theories about the guards.  Please answer me if you could now that the moment of excitement has passed.

Pandar

He was Town.  Why wouldn't an anti-town individual want to kill him?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2011, 01:44:01 am »

Pandar:  Who cares?  Down that road lies much wine.

I should probably drop my theory (if it can even be called such accurately (which it can't)) that Ottofar was some sort of shapeshifter-scum of some type (probably SK) who switches with people, giving them his role/alignment and making him flip their role, then?

Yeah, it sounds ridiculous but I figure I should at least mention it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2011, 01:49:11 am »

That's oddly specific for just a theory.

Do you have any basis for thinking that?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2011, 07:58:02 am »

Pandar:  I suppose that's a reason for mentioning it, but again, much wine.  If we had a specific reason to suspect it, maybe, but until then, we're going in circle.  Let's stick to going after scummy people for now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 24, 2011, 09:44:28 am »

Only basis is that the bodies are-

Deeeeeeeeeeerp just went back, VECTOR was the one that was basically gibbed to the point of being impossible to identify, not Ottofar.

And it may have no basis, but it makes more sense than someone choosing to kill Ottofar, Town Liability #1.

Anyway, sleep time.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2011, 03:38:15 pm »

What are you getting at? How is this a reason to suspect somebody, especially in a bastard game?

And why do I feel like you only voted Flandre because Toaster voted her?

Meh, let's turn these into accusations.

Dariush, you only voted Flandre because Toaster voted her, and I have a hard time believing you think joining bastardwagons is actually a good reason to suspect anybody.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2011, 05:04:17 pm »

Due to the massive slump in activity, the Day has been modextended to Friday, 9PM GMT.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2011, 08:19:43 pm »

I am sorry for not being active, everyone. Work has been busier than usual, and I have spent the rest of my time buying that flute and preparing for Irene. I think things might cool down before Friday, so I will find the time to post something meaningful. From what I have seen, we finally have some material to work with, which is good!
For now, 'Operation: Sleep Time' is a-go.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2011, 03:36:15 am »

Nuke:  Have you gone through the posts enough to come up with anything solid yet?
Nothing solid.
Jim: My PM talks about my bakery and not much else, unfortunately.

NUKE9.13: You managed to go through D1 with no significant actions whatsoever. Do you have any suspicions now?
Not really.

...and LNCP for good measure.
Fine. Vote Inquisitor #3.

IronyOwl, your chance to switch the majority is now.
Because obviously riding one failed bastardwagon is not enough, right, Flandre?
This is very silly. Very, very silly. Are you messing around, figuring that we are still in RVS and things need shaking up, or do you know something about flandre? Because I refuse to believe that you seriously think this is a good enough reason to vote for someone.

And it may have no basis, but it makes more sense than someone choosing to kill Ottofar, Town Liability #1.
Could it not have been a vigilante?

Jim: My PM talks about my bakery and not much else, unfortunately.
Really? Not to question you, but, well, I question this. Everyone else has had at least a few random background things aside from their profession. A hobby, a rumour heard about witches. Frankly, I consider your PM containing nothing other than "you're a boring baker" so unlikely as to consider it suspicious to state that this is the case.
Are you absolutely sure you don't have some hobby or rumour? You don't read books or invest in coffee? Your character was totally uninterested in the rumours of witches that permeated the countryside?
Not to OMGUS, but I have no better leads than this, so, Think0028

Simple

I'm still standing by my case from yesterday for now, though I'm definitely curious about what's going on today.
Could you reiterate this case? Day 1 was huge, but largely insubstantial. We would be better off keeping day 2 clear and organised.
Dariush

I asked you a question at the close of Day 1, probably got lost in the last-minute theories about the guards.  Please answer me if you could now that the moment of excitement has passed.
Ditto

Long Live United Forenia!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2011, 03:40:30 am »

Due to the massive slump in activity, the Day has been modextended to Friday, 9PM GMT.
Thank you. I apologize for being too busy to play recently.

IronyOwl, I didn't like your attitude towards Max White. In a sea of players who weren't scumhunting very much or at all, why did you choose him for your vote and hold his lack of scumhunting as an accusation against him?
You already asked about this, and I already explained it. It wasn't that he simply wasn't scumhunting, it was that he was active but playing completely without it.

As for flavor, apparently the woods surrounding the village aren't safe. I heard strange cries and guttural howls on my way in, and I completed the last part of my journey thinking I was being chased, though that might have been me panicking.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2011, 09:21:38 am »

I apologize too for crappy activity.

Dariush's reasoning was indeed crappy, but my gut's telling me to make my vote much Simpler than that, and it'll stay that way at least until I get something more solid out of him.

Nuke:  Does getting stomped flat sound like a vigilante to you?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2011, 09:29:58 am »

What are you getting at? How is this a reason to suspect somebody, especially in a bastard game?
She votes LNCP, sees it doesn't work... and immediatly switches to Inquisitor, which doesn't work either. I want to see her explanation why she didn't make a real vote. Consider it a pressure vote.
And why do I feel like you only voted Flandre because Toaster voted her?
Actually, that's wrong. Or are you implying that I attempted to jump on a bandwagon (with an entirely different reason)... consisting of a whopping one vote?

Dariush

Yep, I missed it back then. But why do you bring it up? Why is it so important which suspects I had on D1? And in any case I can't remember my thoughts from then.

This is very silly. Very, very silly. Are you messing around, figuring that we are still in RVS and things need shaking up, or do you know something about flandre? Because I refuse to believe that you seriously think this is a good enough reason to vote for someone.
Not to OMGUS, but I have no better leads than this, so, Think0028
Wow, this is the largest piece of hypocrisy ever shoved in one post. You accuse me of baselessly voting Flandre... and immediatly do the same with Think, adding that 'you have no better leads'. If you have no leads, maybe you should scumhunt and search for them?

Simple

Could you reiterate this case? Day 1 was huge, but largely insubstantial. We would be better off keeping day 2 clear and organised.
Dariush

Ditto
Uhhh... why are you answering questions directed to other people?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2011, 11:29:31 am »

Do you know what hypocrisy means? Do you know what selective editing means?
Allow me:
Hypocrisy is when you berate someone for doing something, then doing that same thing yourself. In mafia, it can be a scumtell.
In this situation, I berated you for voting for a stupid reason. I then voted for a sensible reason. I had no better leads than the one I had, the one you helpfully omitted from your post, which made sense. This situation does not contain hypocrisy.
Moving on:
Selective Editing is when one edits something in order to change the original meaning into one more suiting your purposes. In mafia, it can be a scumtell.
In this situation, you removed the actual reason for me voting Think, thereby making it seem like I said that I had no better leads than OMGUS'ing him. You then use this as evidence of my scumminess. This is malicious use of editing to misrepresent me as A)Scum and B)An idiot who would ever OMGUS anyone, both of which I strongly resent being represented as.
Pray desist, Dariush. This behaviour does not behove one who is in favour of a town victory.

And your other question,
Uhhh... why are you answering questions directed to other people?
Because I can't tell whether Urist is making a shitty case against Simple or not if I don't know what the case is, and I can't find the case in day 1, because it is friggin huge.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2011, 11:42:04 am »

In this situation, I berated you for voting for a stupid reason. I then voted for a sensible reason.
Voting someone for not posting full flavor is sensible reason?
In this situation, you removed the actual reason for me voting Think, thereby making it seem like I said that I had no better leads than OMGUS'ing him.
I read your reason, deemed it un-sensible and saw no need to include it in my response. I wasn't even aware Think was voting you when I made that post. However, now that you bring it up... You really did OMGUS him with a ridiculously weak reasoning. It looks like you're desperately scraping every surface for future attack, and overdefend yourself while doing it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39