Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75509 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 2: 10/14]
« Reply #330 on: August 22, 2011, 03:51:32 pm »

Day 2 Has Begun!

Votecount

Think0028  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Pandarsenic  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 0 - 
Simple  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 10 -  NUKE9.13, Toaster, Simple, Pandarsenic, Flandre, Jim Groovester, IronyOwl, Urist_McArathos, Think0028, Dariush,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Everyone wakes up for the new day, as the warm sun bathes the town in sunlight. Now, though, there is little cheer and merriment. Two died yesterday, and more will today and tomorrow, unless you can comply with these insane Inquisitors' demands.

It looks to be a fool's errand. But you will attempt it nonetheless.

"Welcome to the second day, townfolk! We will now check for any deserters that may have left during the night."

One of the armoured riders brings out a long list of everyone's names, calling them out one by one. It seems everyone is here, until...

"Where is Vector? Does anyone know?"

Everyone suddenly stares at the ground, a shiny pebble or grain of sand having inexplicably caught their undivided interest. The Inquisitors, faced with this frustrating lack of co-operation, herd everyone toward her home. If she's not there, there may be signs.

The high Inquisitor dismounts, and opens the door to a truly grisly scene. Pieces of limbs and blood are sprayed everywhere in the room - none larger than the size of a young child's fist - and chalk markings in some unknown script, too blurred and stained now to be legible, circle the bed in a thick ring, banded with bluish blood. Drops of blood lead outside, but the path had been erased when the townsfolk were herded toward the house.

Many recoil, some collapse or vomit. None are visibly pleased by the sight, and even the Inquisitors are worried.

"Ottofar has gone missing as well," whispered the rider with the list to the High Inquisitor.

"Oh, no."

Upon visiting Ottofar's farmhouse, things are no less gruesome. He lies on the ground, crushed and pummeled upon as if by someone with great strength - strength that would surely outclass an ordinary man, by the look of things - and bloody footprints lead outside, spaced greatly apart - only to be lost when they pass a stream.

Upon returning to the town square, the mood is darker than ever. Now, nobody would be safe - even at night.

"The witches have revealed their true nature. Witness these two deaths - for they were at the hands of these cruel abominations."

"We must have a lynch by sundown, or this will begin anew. Do not hesitate to name someone."

"You may begin."

Vector has died.

She was a villager.

Ottofar has died.

He was a miller.

The Day will end Wednesday, 9PM GMT.

You need 4 players to Extend and 6 players to Shorten.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:01:32 pm by lordnincompoop »

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 22, 2011, 03:58:59 pm »

Things are not looking up for us. Three townies dead already...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 22, 2011, 04:16:00 pm »

posting to follow the thread, because someone (LNCP) didn't mention it was starting so I could follow.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 22, 2011, 04:25:52 pm »

posting to follow the thread, because someone (LNCP) didn't mention it was starting so I could follow.

You should have told me you were interested. :p

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2011, 05:36:27 pm »

As grapes become wine
So must one accept ones fate
Die well, like a grape

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 22, 2011, 08:23:46 pm »

Flandre:

Something you'd like to tell us about how you call four dead bodies three townies?

Simple:  I must say I wasn't impressed with your scum hunting yesterday- I get the feeling you were scum looking, not scum hunting.  Are you going to hunt today?

LNCP: Wasn't Ottofar voting Simple at day end?  Shouldn't that have caused a tie?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 22, 2011, 08:49:29 pm »

Flandre:

Something you'd like to tell us about how you call four dead bodies three townies?
I forgot about Bd's death to inactivity during D1. Three millers and one villager have died in total, making for four dead townies. Sorry.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:05 pm »

School is evaporating my previously endless free time.

Dariush, I tried to remember what you did yesterday and I couldn't think of anything. You also mentioned giants and golems specifically, and what do you know, something kills Ottofar with wide footsteps. Maybe you'd like to elaborate a little?

IronyOwl, I didn't like your attitude towards Max White. In a sea of players who weren't scumhunting very much or at all, why did you choose him for your vote and hold his lack of scumhunting as an accusation against him?

I read through my PM again, and I took notice of some minor flavor text that I haven't thought was worth mentioning until now, because it was relayed to me by word of mouth as news going around town. Apparently, witches can possess people, and are behind the crop failures. If this is true, then it may be that not only can anyone be a witch (as indicated by the flavor text at the beginning), but it may be possible to become a witch.
I have a theory that some of us may have small details or fragmented rumors that alone do not seem too important, but collaboratively, could give us something to work with.

Everyone: What do we know about the witches?

(Underlines mine.)

This got passed over but it's a good idea. Pieces of flavor about our enemies scattered in our flavor is a reasonable assumption, especially what people have already revealed. What do we know from our flavor about whatever enemies we face, be they witches or what else? Be generous now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2011, 03:58:33 am »

...and LNCP for good measure.
Fine. Vote Inquisitor #3.

IronyOwl, your chance to switch the majority is now.
Because obviously riding one failed bastardwagon is not enough, right, Flandre?

You also mentioned giants and golems specifically, and what do you know, something kills Ottofar with wide footsteps. Maybe you'd like to elaborate a little?
I'd gladly elaborate, but unfortunately I'm unable to. I said everything I knew about the creature. Maybe someone else got some flavor tonight that would help to learn more about it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2011, 08:16:42 am »

Flandre:  I'll accept that.  Unvote Flandre.

Jim:  Really, there's not much to add.  My flavor mostly commented more on the good timber in the furnishings of the inn, the fact that I don't get much comfort or luxury, and that I don't sleep much.  Nothing on any specific type of enemy.

Pandar:  Do you have more free time for this day?

Nuke:  Have you gone through the posts enough to come up with anything solid yet?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2011, 10:21:42 am »

Votecount

Think0028  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Pandarsenic  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 1 -  Dariush,
Simple  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 9 -  NUKE9.13, Toaster, Simple, Pandarsenic, Flandre, Jim Groovester, IronyOwl, Urist_McArathos, Think0028,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end Wednesday, 9PM GMT.

You need 4 players to Extend and 6 players to Shorten.

LNCP: Wasn't Ottofar voting Simple at day end?  Shouldn't that have caused a tie?

He wasn't, by my count, and it's a moot point by now - I can't change something as major as a lynch, a pair of kills and a day end/start.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2011, 03:16:24 pm »

Jim: My PM talks about my bakery and not much else, unfortunately.

NUKE9.13: You managed to go through D1 with no significant actions whatsoever. Do you have any suspicions now?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2011, 05:40:50 pm »

Blue blood ? Somebody have any thoughts or leads on this ? And looks like we have some kind of ogre/troll/something big sk.

Simple:  I must say I wasn't impressed with your scum hunting yesterday- I get the feeling you were scum looking, not scum hunting.  Are you going to hunt today?
I'll try my best. To be honest i were rather confused d1 about how bastard this game is but looks like we should just forget about it for now.

Now time to reread this..

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2011, 06:54:59 pm »

...and LNCP for good measure.
Fine. Vote Inquisitor #3.

IronyOwl, your chance to switch the majority is now.
Because obviously riding one failed bastardwagon is not enough, right, Flandre?

What are you getting at? How is this a reason to suspect somebody, especially in a bastard game?

And why do I feel like you only voted Flandre because Toaster voted her?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2011, 07:19:31 pm »

I'm baaaaaaaack.

Extend

Nuke, I'm also concerned about the whole nothingdoing.

Also, I'm rather concerned as to why Ottofar would be chosen. Why would someone anti-town want to kill Ottofar?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39