Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75524 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Why be traditional? Scum expect traditional, thus it is less effective. The more well known something is, the less effective it is, because people know how to react. Traditional is an excuse for not thinking.

Ha, you're joking, right?

Because this is a joke.

It has to be.

Thank you, Urist. I am familiar with this, but I wanted to ask Simple what he thought might be a Witch's role that required a name to use--how the idea might be engineered to fit into the game.
You mean what Witch role ? Oooh That's interesting! I never know the witches have many different roles! Is there something else that you know about them Flandre ?

Scum teams usually have a variety of roles. I don't understand why assuming that there are different Witch roles is suspicious.

Unvote Pandar

I haven't posted due to having no real leads. And because I scumhunt terribadly. I'm usually better at knowing who's the scum.

I'm a bit in a hurry, but Simple seems scummy enough to vote.
General scumminess.

On catching up to the thread I conclude that this is a terrible excuse for a vote.

Unvote, Ottofar.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2011, 06:03:15 pm »

I read through my PM again, and I took notice of some minor flavor text that I haven't thought was worth mentioning until now, because it was relayed to me by word of mouth as news going around town. Apparently, witches can possess people, and are behind the crop failures. If this is true, then it may be that not only can anyone be a witch (as indicated by the flavor text at the beginning), but it may be possible to become a witch.
I have a theory that some of us may have small details or fragmented rumors that alone do not seem too important, but collaboratively, could give us something to work with.

Everyone: What do we know about the witches?

Also, Extend.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 19, 2011, 06:08:13 pm »

Well we know for a fact that they did not kill in night 0. If that means they didn't have a kill, or they can't kill night 1 we can't be sure, however.
always coming - and passing - in threes.
They come in threes, or so we have been told.

Cult mafia with a cap of three members?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 19, 2011, 06:10:46 pm »

Votecount

Think0028  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Pandarsenic  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 1 -  Max White,
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 0 - 
Simple  - 1 -  Urist_McArathos,
Ottofar  - 1 -  Jim Groovester,
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
Max White  - 3 -  IronyOwl, Think0028, Dariush,
-
Not Voting  - 7 -  NUKE9.13, Toaster, Ottofar, Simple, Vector, Pandarsenic, Flandre,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 1 -  Flandre
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end in 30 minutes. Prepare yourselves.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 19, 2011, 06:14:32 pm »

Fine, let's get going then.

You guys let this happen, because you have all been too lazy to try and play the game, and your all scared of flavour text. Sorry, but you know what? Urist is staying at the inn, and personally I do not trust people from out of town. Yes, it is flavour, and in this game it is a valid scum hunting method.

You know who dosn't want you to use the flavour? The ones who will find themselves dead if you do, the scum. Get busy living, or get busy dying, because my death brings you all one step closer to losing.

/Famous last words.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 19, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

Shut up and get off your high horse.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2011, 06:33:08 pm »

Could someone try something for me? Vote for one of the armored (or unarmored, for that matter) members of the Inquisition (furthest on the left, #2, whatever). I suspect it's not bastardy enough for that, but I'd like to at least try it.

I'd do it myself, but I'd rather not leave Max at 2 votes for tie-related shenanigans.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2011, 06:34:37 pm »

Unvote.

Inquisitor #3.

Like that?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2011, 06:36:04 pm »

Could someone try something for me? Vote for one of the armored (or unarmored, for that matter) members of the Inquisition (furthest on the left, #2, whatever). I suspect it's not bastardy enough for that, but I'd like to at least try it.

I'd do it myself, but I'd rather not leave Max at 2 votes for tie-related shenanigans.
What are you thinking?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 19, 2011, 06:40:56 pm »

Fine. Vote Inquisitor #3.

IronyOwl, your chance to switch the majority is now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 19, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »

Yeah, thanks.

I'm still wondering if the riders mentioned are more than just scenery; if so, voting them might be a valid course of action. I dunno exactly where we'd go from there, but it's worth trying, I think.

I'm not going to vote them unless we know they can actually be voted, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2011, 06:43:52 pm »

Mod, vote count
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 19, 2011, 06:45:34 pm »

We only have several minutes. Can a non-voter join us in taking down an inquisitor? In the case that this does not work, Max's lynch will be the fallback.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 19, 2011, 06:46:32 pm »

Well I hope this works in the next fifteen minutes...
But seriously now, 7 people not voting by the end of the day!

Vote Inquisitor #3.
One more for theoretical majority, and if it dos't work I'm out anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39