Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75499 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2011, 03:52:29 pm »

Unvote, vote LNCP

I suppose it'll be good to check if we can win just by kicking out the Inquisition first.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2011, 03:54:20 pm »

Do we actually have any evidence of the existence of witches?
Not that I have seen.
Do the witches in a typical coven heirarchy have distinct abilities, Vector?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2011, 03:55:12 pm »

...and LNCP for good measure.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2011, 04:01:33 pm »

Nuke:
-My flavour also tells me that the inquisition frequently wipes out entire villages, then blames it on the witches.

Do you know how you came across this piece of information? It sounds too important to the plot for only you to know out of all fourteen of us.
Nope. It's just something I picked up whilst travelling through the region- I also get the impression that I am a little bit paranoid. As I said, it probably isn't actually the case; that would pretty much be a full-on bastard mod. But its not impossible, and should no witches emerge/should the inquisition get... pushy, then we have this fall-back theory.

Unvote, vote LNCP

I suppose it'll be good to check if we can win just by kicking out the Inquisition first.
Has that ever worked? Even if it has, we are talking about thirteen basically unarmed villagers versus seven trained inquisitors; from a flavour perspective we would be better of trying to get the mod NK'd.
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2011, 04:09:36 pm »

While your theory about it being safer to kill the mod through an NK makes sense, unless someone claims vigilante and attempts it at night, WITHOUT getting NKed in turn, we have no way to test your theory. 
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2011, 04:29:48 pm »

While your theory about it being safer to kill the mod through an NK makes sense, unless someone claims vigilante and attempts it at night, WITHOUT getting NKed in turn, we have no way to test your theory.
They don't have to claim; they can just try it. If it works, and we win, huzzah. If it works and we lose, um, that would be pretty weird. If, more likely, LNCP replies 'LNCP is not a valid target', they can just pick someone else. THE PERFECT CRIME.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2011, 04:32:13 pm »

Unvote, lordnincompoop.

Also votecount.

I doubt this is going to work.

More in a little bit.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »

Votecount

Think0028  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Pandarsenic  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 1 -  Max White,
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 0 - 
Simple  - 1 -  Urist_McArathos,
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
Max White  - 3 -  IronyOwl, Think0028, Dariush,
-
Not Voting  - 8 -  NUKE9.13, Toaster, Ottofar, Simple, Vector, Pandarsenic, Flandre, Jim Groovester,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end in 2 hours.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2011, 04:41:58 pm »

This is the worst D1 ever. THE WORST.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2011, 04:45:58 pm »

Pretty much. Everybody got distracted from Panda, and crossed their arms and said 'Well I'm done! No need to do anything else today'

Also,
No questions for me anybody? Not even a little? You guys aren't even trying. If you think I am scum, you would think I know the other scum, and you would be pressing a little for anything I say.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2011, 04:46:16 pm »

Yeah, whatever. That's what I thought.

I'm defaulting to Max White for goofy flavormongering like everybody else pointed out.

Not much detail because I need time to look over the three game's I'm in in addition to a bunch of other stuff I need to do. Will try to post more in depth before the deadline.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2011, 04:48:07 pm »

Well, now that that's solved, can we get back to serious business?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2011, 04:56:32 pm »

General scumminess.
Very insightful...

Simple: Way to twist my argument without answering my question.  First off, I have no issue with asking questions.  It's the fact you seem bizarrely interested in a very specific scenario.  Second, if you can tell me how what you're doing qualifies as scum hunting, that'd be great.  Because it looks a hell of a lot like trying to learn specifics about how I would play a cop.  Are you sure it's scum you're looking for?

Oh, by the way, nice strawman there.  Let's see, who am I questioning?  You and Dariush.  Nope, don't see any workers there.  Defensive behavior?  Yeah, answering your questions freely, then asking you the point is clearly a scramble to clear my name.

No Simple, I think I know who's really acting scum here.  You could have just told me why you were so interested in discussing flavor cops, but opted to attack me and throw out some BS to discredit me.  THAT is defensive.  Nice try.  Simple
What scenario exactly ? Unless one question is enough for you to qualify as great interest. If i can't understand reasoning behind your play than i ask about it. The point of my question was finding out what really your opinion on flavor sharing is because you seemed a bit inconsistent or at least not throughout enough about it. And maybe i'm blind but i don't see you questioning dariush or me before this post. And if you really are so opposed to open discussion it's your choice.

Simple:
Thank you, Urist. I am familiar with this, but I wanted to ask Simple what he thought might be a Witch's role that required a name to use--how the idea might be engineered to fit into the game.
You mean what Witch role ? Oooh That's interesting! I never know the witches have many different roles! Is there something else that you know about them Flandre ?
The existence of witch roles were implied here:
Also, witch covens typically fall in groups of three--mother, maiden, and crone.
I am guessing that each flavor of witch would have there own ability.
So you just take vector speculation as granted ?

About bastardness-check - we could always try the no-lynch option however i'm not sure if it wouldn't just fore lncp to choose one person at random. And i'm bit opposed to this plan due to potential information about the whole inquisition theme on lynching.

Pretty much. Everybody got distracted from Panda, and crossed their arms and said 'Well I'm done! No need to do anything else today'

Also,
No questions for me anybody? Not even a little? You guys aren't even trying. If you think I am scum, you would think I know the other scum, and you would be pressing a little for anything I say.
Who do you suspect ? And another : Who do you suspect without taking flavor into account ?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2011, 05:02:36 pm »

Who do you suspect ? And another : Who do you suspect without taking flavor into account ?
Think, for him today has been nothing more than;
Panda is inactive! Yay! Lynch without thinking and question anybody that wonders why he isn't posting!
*Panda turns up*
Aww shit, now I need a new lynch with almost no time to go!
*Irony votes me*
Yay! Mirror Irony's argument and hope nobody notices the bandwagon!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2011, 05:05:24 pm »

So you just take vector speculation as granted ?
What she said is completely verifiable, so it is hardly speculation.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39