Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75491 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ottofar:
I'm a bit in a hurry, but Simple seems scummy enough to vote.

You could at least try to give a reason.

Max:  Would you want a mass flavor claim, then?  Would you see refusal to do so as scummy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 14/14]
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2011, 09:08:58 am »

Votecount

Think0028  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Pandarsenic  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 2 -  Simple, Jim Groovester,
Urist_McArathos  - 1 -  Max White,
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 0 - 
Simple  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
Max White  - 4 -  IronyOwl, Think0028, Dariush, Pandarsenic,
-
Not Voting  - 6 -  NUKE9.13, Vector, Flandre, Urist_McArathos, Toaster, Ottofar,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 5 -  Jim Groovester, Toaster, Think0028, Max White, Pandarsenic
Shorten  - 0 - 

TolyK has been replaced by NUKE9.13.

The Day has been extended to Friday, 8PM GMT.

You need 5 players to Extend and 8 players to Shorten.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:55:08 am by lordnincompoop »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2011, 09:21:36 am »

Greetings!

I will be replacing the sadly absent Tolyk.

For those to whom my name is unknown, yes, I have played mafia before- for some reason I stopped playing a while back. I played in a lot of the early paranormal games, so if you really want to analyse my playstyle, look those up.

I will now proceed to read the thread in detail, and provide a post with more actual content as soon as possible.
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 19, 2011, 09:40:05 am »

Simple I would trust that info the same way I would if I was a vanilla cop.  Seeing as how I've never been a cop before, I guess I'd have to wing it.

This is your second question addressed, to me, about some rather specific role hypothetical scenarios.  Are you rolefishing?  Trying to figure out the likely cop strategy so you can plan?  Because it doesn't seem much like scumhunting, Simple, and I wonder the purpose of it.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 14/14]
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2011, 10:06:12 am »

LNCP,
Flandre  - 1 -  Think0028,
Max White  - 4 -  IronyOwl, Think0028, Dariush, Pandarsenic,
Maybe you should me more careful with votes, seeing as the day ends in 4 hours?...

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2011, 10:08:36 am »

I'm a bit in a hurry, but Simple seems scummy enough to vote.
Why exactly ?

Simple I would trust that info the same way I would if I was a vanilla cop.  Seeing as how I've never been a cop before, I guess I'd have to wing it.

This is your second question addressed, to me, about some rather specific role hypothetical scenarios.  Are you rolefishing?  Trying to figure out the likely cop strategy so you can plan?  Because it doesn't seem much like scumhunting, Simple, and I wonder the purpose of it.
Are you concerned that i'm asking more questions ? I asked you that question because your stance on flavor fishing was bit off to me. And why should i stop if i don't get answer that satisfies me ? Would you call being completely defensive and prodding lurkers a scumhunt ? No ? Because it's what you're doing right now, and i'm not going to stop looking for scum just because it bothers you.

Mod: Uhh i believe i'm not voting on Nuke right now but anyway: Unvote Nuke9.13

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2011, 11:32:11 am »

General scumminess.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2011, 12:26:56 pm »

Lets see now.

-My flavour tells me that I am an ex-noble coffee merchant. Apparently, this village is on a shortcut. Given this, Urist's claimed backstory seems highly plausible. Based on this, I am marginally disinclined to accuse him of witchhood; it seems more likely that witches are locals.

-My flavour also tells me that the inquisition frequently wipes out entire villages, then blames it on the witches. It is possible that this is more of a bastard mod than we think, and there are, in fact, no actual witches. Perhaps there are only inquisition spies (falling under the wincon category of 'killers'). This is unlikely though; just throwing it out there.

-I am not sure about this Max lynch we got going on here. The crux of the argument appears to be 'fishing for flavour'; yet I pose that the only potential role information revealed is that of milllerhood, which is something that was revealed on purpose. In fact, I doubt that Max's efforts will yield any fruit, as all roles will probably have plenty of (virtually) irrelevant fluff, sufficient amounts to pass of as everything. Any actual information could easily be withheld. Unless the witches require this fluff for some reason (making straight asking for it incredibly stupid), there is probably no harm in it.

-I hate day1, always, forever.

-The web of suspicion and accusations is layered too thick for me to make head or tails of it; had I been there to witness it grow organically, I might have been able to pick up on scumminess. As it stands, I cannot make an educated decision as to who is scum. I will look things over again, but I may well not vote for anyone today.
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »

Simple: Way to twist my argument without answering my question.  First off, I have no issue with asking questions.  It's the fact you seem bizarrely interested in a very specific scenario.  Second, if you can tell me how what you're doing qualifies as scum hunting, that'd be great.  Because it looks a hell of a lot like trying to learn specifics about how I would play a cop.  Are you sure it's scum you're looking for?

Oh, by the way, nice strawman there.  Let's see, who am I questioning?  You and Dariush.  Nope, don't see any workers there.  Defensive behavior?  Yeah, answering your questions freely, then asking you the point is clearly a scramble to clear my name.

No Simple, I think I know who's really acting scum here.  You could have just told me why you were so interested in discussing flavor cops, but opted to attack me and throw out some BS to discredit me.  THAT is defensive.  Nice try.  Simple
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2011, 01:50:11 pm »

Hang, Lord Nincompoop.

Vector:  Have you found anything yet?

As I've said multiple times, I'm too sick to scumhunt or do much critical thinking.  So no, I haven't found anything yet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2011, 01:54:59 pm »

EDIT: lurkers, not workers.  I'm posting from work and got bit by my auto complete feature.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 19, 2011, 01:57:44 pm »

Hang, Lord Nincompoop.
You do know he's the mod, right? *kicked out of the thread*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 19, 2011, 02:01:52 pm »

Hang, Lord Nincompoop.
You do know he's the mod, right? *kicked out of the thread*

Wow, it's like I've never played a Bastard game before!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 19, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »

General scumminess.
You can do better than that, Ottofar.

Nuke:
-My flavour also tells me that the inquisition frequently wipes out entire villages, then blames it on the witches.

Do you know how you came across this piece of information? It sounds too important to the plot for only you to know out of all fourteen of us.

Simple:
Thank you, Urist. I am familiar with this, but I wanted to ask Simple what he thought might be a Witch's role that required a name to use--how the idea might be engineered to fit into the game.
You mean what Witch role ? Oooh That's interesting! I never know the witches have many different roles! Is there something else that you know about them Flandre ?
The existence of witch roles were implied here:
Also, witch covens typically fall in groups of three--mother, maiden, and crone.
I am guessing that each flavor of witch would have there own ability.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2011, 03:38:24 pm »

Do we actually have any evidence of the existence of witches?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39