Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75466 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2011, 08:14:34 am »

It's also a mystery as to why (when none of them have posted) BD was modkilled, TolyK is up for replace, and Pandar is just prodded.    TolyK hasn't been on the forum at all since the 13th, which may explain him.  I don't think we should read in to it too much otherwise.

Pandar is online now, so he should say something.  Preferably something useful.

Urist/Jim:  Fair enough.

Max:  If Pandar comes back and posts worthy content, would your vote go back to Urist?

Irony:  What do you hope to gain from the name of the inn?

Spoiler: Flandre (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2011, 11:17:54 am »

Dariush: Were you trying to connect real-world, or in-game genders to roles?
In-game, of course.

Dariush, who do you suspect?
Nobody as of yet.

Now, since Pandar hasn't been modkilled, it is safe to assume LNCP has heard from him. Since he isn't up for replacement, it wasn't asking for replacement. Thus, most probably he either asked LNCP something, but didn't deign to post in thread, which is incredibly scummy, or posted in scumchat.

Or it may be that only in-game millers (who may or may not be meta-game millers) can be modkilled. Argh, mindscrew.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2011, 12:20:09 pm »

TolyK is up for Replace.

Welp, guess that explains one of them.

Unvote, Pandarsenic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2011, 12:26:47 pm »

Flandre: What do you think about Max now, after your vote for him earlier?
Not much, just judging by the answer he has given me. It did not help that my follow-up question was literally answered in his response to my first, so I decided to just let it be. I will wait until I scour the thread later tonight to interrogate someone else.

Flandre:  How do you define active lurking?

As I understand it, someone is actively lurking when they sit in the background and make short, intermittent posts to look like they are playing productively. Bd was absent for some stretches of time, and it was obvious that he would sometimes contribute to other threads, and not so much in the concurrent Mafia.

Dariush: Were you trying to connect real-world, or in-game genders to roles?
In-game, of course.
Okay, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Jim: At the moment, I do not suspect anyone; this game does not seem as black and white as the BM I have just been a part of, and everyone seems confused and under-informed. I will need to reread the thread to determine who I need to question next, and until I do that, I cannot make any headway.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2011, 12:55:20 pm »

Simple, who do you suspect?
To be honest there wasn't many things i could call scummy enough to lynch over them but most notable were max flavor frenzy, dariush flavor claim is incompatible with mine and there's strange pandar non-playing. I hope something else comes up till the end of day because right now my vote would be based more on gut feeling than anything solid. :\

Urist: Fair enough reasoning. Hmm, your scotch example... Can you read minds ? And now seriously : What if there's flavor-only cop in game ?

Dariush: What's worse : finding dead vigilante or dead cop at dawn ?

Vector: If you were SK, who would be your first target ?

IronyOwl: Would you lynch someone over flavor evidence only ? How many scum do you expect to be playing ?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2011, 01:06:50 pm »

dariush flavor claim is incompatible with mine
Wait what? I'm an owner of a tavern, you're of an inn. What's incompatible in that?
Definitely a cop. Especially at LYLO, when vig's kill or decision not to can screw everything up.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2011, 02:09:02 pm »

Simple: Are you asking me what I think about the possibility of someone being a "cop" in their flavor text, but vanilla town for their role?  Please clarify what you are asking me.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2011, 02:59:26 pm »

Vector: If you were SK, who would be your first target ?

If I were being smart, Jim Groovester, Toaster, or IronyOwl.

If I were being vindictive, Dariush or Max White.

I'm sick and need to take at least a day off, because I can't think straight.

That said, Pandarsenic can swing in the breeze if he's being this irresponsible about attendance.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dariush flavor claim is incompatible with mine
Wait what? I'm an owner of a tavern, you're of an inn. What's incompatible in that?
Definitely a cop. Especially at LYLO, when vig's kill or decision not to can screw everything up.
Uhh, sorry i misread that flavor part (in my pm it's only one hostel that is a tavern as addition...). Unvote.

Simple: Are you asking me what I think about the possibility of someone being a "cop" in their flavor text, but vanilla town for their role?  Please clarify what you are asking me.
I meant the cop that instead of definite mafia/town alignment receives flavor description on inspects. E.g "You find lots of suspicious books in his house!". This is extension of "why not reveal flavor?" question.

If I were being vindictive, Dariush or Max White.
Why these two ?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they've both pissed me off a lot in the past.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »

Max:  If Pandar comes back and posts worthy content, would your vote go back to Urist?
Back to Urist? No, I didn't vote him before. It would go on him though, as were in extended time, and he is my best lead.

Irony: What do you think the fact that we started in a night phase means?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

I didn't have time to end it today, sorry.

The Day has beem modextended to whenever I wake up tomorrow, unless you guys get in the last two votes needed for the second extension.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Extend.
I'm going to make some speculation here. Panda might be muted, not forum muted, but the scum have an ability to force somebody to not post for a day, else get mod killed. As such...
Panda: If you are reading this, and your not allowed to post, try PMing a vote to LNCP.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

That's a lot of crazy speculation. I like how you assume that Pandarsenic isn't just lazy.

Why do you keep putting forth all these ridiculous theories? I half-expect that sometime in the very near future you'll invent some crazy theory on why somebody is scum and actually try to go through with it. That's got me worried.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I'll go through with any crazy theory I come up with that turns out to be right. I'm not unvoting panda, I'm giving him what might be he's only chance to show he is active but unable to post.
Assuming he isn't lazy? No, just testing to be sure.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39