Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75403 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 3: 6/14]
« Reply #510 on: September 07, 2011, 11:51:21 am »

Fine. IronyOwl. I die tonight anyways, so I can afford to jump on a bandwagon.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 07, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »

Why do I say Think is the Witch?  Because he's got the bracelet!
Why are you so sure?

Besides, why can't we just lynch Think today if the end result will be the same, except I'll win?...
The second sentence about sums up why i'm agreeing with golem lynching plan. Your wincon is the part of your claim that sounds too complex to be true.

Flandre:If we do not lynch one of the SK's today we will lose anyway.

Well, i hope we made right choice today.

Toaster: Out of curiosity (if you don't want to answer don't do it) who are you going to inspect ?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 07, 2011, 01:02:48 pm »

Your wincon is the part of your claim that sounds too complex to be true.
Uh. What would be the purpose of me lying about my wincon? If we lynch Irony, I lose. If we lynch Think, I win. It's that simple.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 07, 2011, 01:33:00 pm »

Votecount:

Think0028  - 1 -  Dariush,
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 1 -  IronyOwl,
IronyOwl  - 4 -  Simple, Think0028, Toaster, Flandre,
Flandre  - 0 - 
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 0 - 
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end in 30 minutes.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Night 3: 5/14]
« Reply #514 on: September 07, 2011, 02:34:01 pm »

Day 3 Has Ended!

Votecount:

Think0028  - 1 -  Dariush,
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 1 -  IronyOwl,
IronyOwl  - 4 -  Simple, Think0028, Toaster, Flandre,
Flandre  - 0 - 
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 0 - 
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

In light of the new reveals, the few remaining villagers - much to the wizard's dismay - have picked IronyOwl for the noose. Shackled and dragged up to the worn gallows, floorboards creaking under the weight of his large frame, the noose is placed around his neck, and the executioner readies himself by the lever.

The convict raises his hand, requesting a final few words. It is ignored, however, and as the hangman bends over to pull the lever he comes at last to realise the depth of the situation. Fuelled by fear of death and fury at his failures, he rips apart his chains and leaves the rope, fleeing for his life - an escape fortuitously cut short by a spear from behind, thrust with enough force to break the construct's hard clay shell.

As its body cracks and breaks, a bright mote of light illuminates it from within, before escaping from its mouth. Now left without whatever powered it, the golem falls to the ground and shatters, shards of warm clay littering the ground.

The first success, then, at the nick of time. With the sun already below the horizon, the few remaining villagers can only sleep - and hope that they will survive come dawn.

IronyOwl has been lynched.

He was a Golem.

The Night will end Friday, 8PM GMT.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]
« Reply #515 on: September 09, 2011, 03:22:10 pm »

Day 4 Has Begun!
The Villagers have Won!

Votecount:

Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 0 -  Simple
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The sun rises, and Inquisitors approach the square once more for the daily headcount. The square is empty, however, save for Simple. The streets are now barren, the houses dark.

“What has happened?” the Inquisitors ask.

In the night, it seems, the village had lost its final few. Toaster is found as little more than scraps, pressed against the wall in a deadly assault.  Dariush had departed for good, leaving no trace behind save for a few stray footprints. Think, still sleeping in his bed, is parted at the shoulders by an axe, smouldering at the stump. Flandre, still faintly smiling, sits by the white tree in the forest, axe beside him, cut at the neck.

In this now-empty town, the only sound’s the soft sweep of the autumn wind, the old trees rustling faintly, the quiet creak of the hanging bodies. The roads are abandoned, the square remains empty. Wordlessly, the Inquisitors depart, their work now done.

Simple, left behind as the sole survivor, sits by the gallows counting the falling leaves.

Toaster has died. He was an Inquisitor.

Think0028 has died. He was a Witch Crone.

Flandre has died. He was a Vigilante.

Dariush has lost. He was a Wizard.

Simple has won. He was a Miller.

The Villagers have won.

The Game is Over.

This is the time to discuss the events of the game and offer valuable critique!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:24:24 pm by lordnincompoop »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Night 3: 5/14]
« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2011, 03:25:13 pm »

Of course Flan could kill. Also, she's a she.

But yeah. Only way this could have been more entertaining is if Simple hadn't survived.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2011, 03:27:51 pm »

Well done Flandre on that surprise vig.

What would have happened if Think and Simple were the last two?

Also, I feel good that I cracked the case.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2011, 03:28:32 pm »

Also, that was an excellent game, LNCP!  Hope you've got another one like that up your sleeve!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2011, 03:31:07 pm »

I'd like to take this moment to explain one particularly odd modding decision:

Here's a followup from the scum. I have recently learned I'm not allowed to quote deadchat, so I will try to paraphrase their words. At Jim's request, I've tried to preserve his insults.

This was a spur-of-the-moment thing, partly because I was reminded of the "no PM quoting" rule, and partly because the Medium seemed slightly game-breaking. In retrospect, wasn't a very good call, and I've learned that now.

What would have happened if Think and Simple were the last two?

A tie, as usual.

Also, that was an excellent game, LNCP!  Hope you've got another one like that up your sleeve!

Thank you. I'd like to do a more polished rerun of this sometime during Halloween, actually.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2011, 03:36:42 pm »

Quicktopic links, role PMs, yes?

Also: the vengeful spirits thing: very entertaining, kept me a lot more interested in the game then I otherwise would have been. One point of critique: Me and Max should have lost when Irony died. What was that about?
Long Live United Forenia!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2011, 03:42:33 pm »

Quicktopic links, role PMs, yes?

Sorry, it's taking me a while to collate everything together. I've got everything in separate files in several places, and I didn't want to delay game-end any more than I needed to. I'm not sure how much I can divulge, since I also want to keep the setup closed and interesting for next time.

Also: the vengeful spirits thing: very entertaining, kept me a lot more interested in the game then I otherwise would have been. One point of critique: Me and Max should have lost when Irony died. What was that about?

That was part of the original mechanic, to populate the deadchat and allow for more opportunities to use the Hauntings ability (which was a major point in the orig. setup). Sadly, I broke that entire scheme by including a medium, which I probably shouldn't have.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2011, 03:51:18 pm »

You mean I was lovers with a Vigilante.

That would've been nice to know.

So there wasn't any trickiness with the win conditions? Then what were the witches supposed to do there?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 09, 2011, 03:54:51 pm »

That was part of the original mechanic, to populate the deadchat and allow for more opportunities to use the Hauntings ability (which was a major point in the orig. setup). Sadly, I broke that entire scheme by including a medium, which I probably shouldn't have.
Hmm. Perhaps you could have had us be in both dead- and golemchat, as a posthumous mafia. That way the deadchat would have been populated, without denying us our delicious revenge, and Irony his rampant schizophrenia.
Long Live United Forenia!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 09, 2011, 03:56:50 pm »

You mean I was lovers with a Vigilante.

That would've been nice to know.

That wasn't up to me to reveal, you two being lovers and all.

So there wasn't any trickiness with the win conditions? Then what were the witches supposed to do there?

Flavour-wise, deal with the casualties. Gameplay-wise, exactly as stated.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39