Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No Elves?  (Read 2820 times)

Doomsun1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
No Elves?
« on: July 21, 2011, 07:36:54 pm »

So I just started my adventure mode as a Dwarf. Killed some people completed some quests etc. So i head up to a Elven Forest Retreat to get some new quests, when I arrived I found that there were no elves at all. So I headed to another Forest Retreat and I still find no elves anywhere. Is this a bug or something and if so what do I do?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: No Elves?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:47:00 pm »

Elven settlments( along with dwarvs and goblins) don't show up in 31.25(current version) only humans make settlements.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Doomsun1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:52:32 pm »

Yes but aren't they suppose to be in forest retreats?

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 07:54:39 pm »

i think what he is saying by "do not show up" is that the site is empty, despite being marked as a settlement on the world map.

i am unsure, as i have heard that goblins still have towers.  but i mainly hear of people interacting with those towers in fortress mode.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Doomsun1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 07:59:08 pm »

Exactly. They show up on the map as Elven Forest Retreats but when I exit fast travel in an attempt to find them all i get is a fistful of nothing.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 08:01:20 pm »

What I ment to say is that its very rare to find any race other humans that are not bandits in adventure mode, in .40d however........

Doomsun1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 08:08:12 pm »

I guess but I know for sure that elves are suppose to be in their forest retreats.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 08:12:46 pm »

They're supposed to be, but aren't, because toady took them out for a while to redo them or something. Elves and goblins are basically generated out of the ether for fortress and legend mode.

Doomsun1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 08:16:30 pm »

But I just killed some goblins in adventure mode a few moments ago from a quest...

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 08:19:27 pm »

But I just killed some goblins in adventure mode a few moments ago from a quest...
What I ment to say is that its very rare to find any race other humans that are not bandits in adventure mode, in .40d however........
They only appear as bandits, if you meet them consider yourself lucky....

Doomsun1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 08:25:13 pm »

Oh I see thanks for the help.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 08:55:54 pm »

So I just started my adventure mode as a Dwarf. Killed some people completed some quests etc. So i head up to a Elven Forest Retreat to get some new quests, when I arrived I found that there were no elves at all. So I headed to another Forest Retreat and I still find no elves anywhere. Is this a bug or something and if so what do I do?
in the new version, dwarven forts and forest retreats are non-existant.
do goblins still have towers though?

from what i gathered, .40d was without multiple z levels, and i hear of people interacting with goblin towers in fortress mode (collapsing them, etc).

are my assumptions wrong?  they very well could be, so i thought i'd ask.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 11:44:15 pm »

in the new version, dwarven forts and forest retreats are non-existant.
do goblins still have towers though?

from what i gathered, .40d was without multiple z levels, and i hear of people interacting with goblin towers in fortress mode (collapsing them, etc).

are my assumptions wrong?  they very well could be, so i thought i'd ask.

Goblin towers don't exist.  The only settlement that isn't just bare ground at the moment is a human town/fortress.  All the others are just abstract entities at the moment, so they only interact during world gen and fortress mode.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 11:59:56 pm »

.40d did in fact, have z-levels. There were goblin fortresses, but they usually were anti-climatic, as the goblins could spawn as your friends.

.23a was the version of the game which has only 1 z level.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:23:29 pm »

.40d did in fact, have z-levels. There were goblin fortresses, but they usually were anti-climatic, as the goblins could spawn as your friends.

You could also have FUN happen when the first goblin ambush appeared on your fortress site, and it would instantly cause all goblins on the map to flag as hostile.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.
Pages: [1] 2