Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: A succession game for first-timers and/or new players. [Now with more tantrums.]  (Read 26915 times)

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[the image]

Ah stark, raving insanity. My favorite of the insanities. We'll see Crustypeanut nude and jumping off Tersr's log cabin roof soon enough.

.....maybe calling Zanziik a "Great" be-larded "Bishop" wasn't the smartest thing to do.  I think its coming back to bite me in the arse.

*nod of satisfaction.*
That'll teach you to disrespect the Zombie Hoary Marmot goddess of death.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile

Tersr's log cabin is currently occupied by a half dozen trolls who are loitering around even after the siege has ended.  I think they're having some kind of orgy in there.  Not sure.  Furniture's destroyed though.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[...] I think they're having some kind of orgy in there.  [...] Furniture's destroyed though.

Ah, what good orgy doesn't result in destroyed furniture, really?

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the Troll Kind would probably result in the entire cabin being decimated.  o.O

But anyways, off to Pathfinder shortly.. I'll be playin' me Dwarven Bard, who uses a Bagpipe.  >:D

MilestoneTwo

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist? I'm scared.
    • View Profile

I just found out I'll be away (again) tomorrow through Monday, so I'm almost certainly going to miss my turn as it's normally scheduled. Depending on how long Peanut takes, that means I'll be probably three to five days late, just to get started. So one or two of the other people who've posted and said they're interested in a turn should go before me. Alternatively, you can kick me back to the end of the list, depending. But I'm definitely going to miss my normal turn.

Shiio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I would love to fill in for you, considering that you will be unable to take your turn. That is, if you don't mind, Milestone...

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alrighty guys, I'm back to working on the fortress.  Gonna be a bit for the next update, but I expect to get it out before the night's over.

Oh and apparently, the guy who got possessed early? Took over a magma forge. 

...this is gonna be a fun one.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:36:52 pm by Crustypeanut »

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...this is gonna be a fun one.

Looking forward to the update!

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

?? Unknown, Year ??, Unknown

Darkness.

No.. not darkness.. empty blackness.. there's nothing there.. nothing here. 

Where am I?

Who am I?

I see nothing.. hear nothing.. wait.. what is that?

A head? No.. a beard? With eyes? And a nose? And ears?

Why is a beard talking to me? What is it saying? I can't understand it...

Who am I?

What am I doing here? Where is here?

I can't hear anything.

The beard is still talking.. saying something.. its looking down now.  At what? A table? No.. not just a table..

Razirtir Nudensuvas.. is that my name? Or the table's? I don't know.. who am I? What am I? I can't see my feet.. all I can see is a beard.  My beard? I have a beard? Its not the same beard that was talking to me.  Its still over there.. talking to me.. over where? Where is there?

Razirtir Nudensuvas.  I keep hearing that name.. I know what it means.. but not why.  Teethdangled the Regal Luster.  Is that my name? Or is that the table's? Silly name, either way.. the table.. did I make that? No.. I don't know how to make something like that.. or do I? Since when? Who am I? I couldn't have made it.. the beard is still looking at it.  It looks impressed.. it keeps looking at it.. talking.. what is it saying? Is it talking about the table? Or the person who made it? Was that me? Who am I again?

I can see something.. the beard.. it has arms.. and legs.. its hands are pointing at the table.  Why is it picking it up? Where is it taking it? Where is it taking my table? My table? Is that mine.. did I make that?

I can see my surroundings now.. I have arms and legs too.. and a beard.  My beard? Its smaller than the other beard.. but I am not a beard.  Am I? No.. I am a dwarf.  I am?  What is my name? Razirtir Nudensuvas? I don't know.. but I'll use that name for now.  I can't remember it. 

The table? Where did it take it?

Cathedral? Its taking it to the cathedral? We have a cathedral? There are more of us? More beards, or more dwarves? Us? I'm part of a group? Yes.. Echopaged.. the name of the fortress, or the group?  The fortress.. Echopaged the Fortress..  The Tin Mechanisms.. that's the group.. why would you make mechanisms out of tin? I don't know.. I don't know these kinds of things.

My table! They're taking it to the cathedral? Putting it at the head of a group of tables? Gold tables? It's made of platinum.. far more beautiful than the others.  It's spikes of platinum and obsidian are nice too.  Did I make that? Can I keep it?

There are beards... dwarves.. beards.. dwarves with beards? Yes.. dwarves with beards.. wait, there are dwarves without beards? They're running around the fortress, the beards.  Many of them are yelling, screaming, and fighting. Why are they mad? Why is that one beard punching them? It is wearing armor on it's limbs.. not it's beard though.  Its punching them.. no one is punching it back.  It is punishing them? Looks like it.  Tersr III.  Is that the beard's name? Yes.. I think it is.. how do I know this? I shouldn't get in it's way.  It just punched a beard's face in.. its not moving anymore.  I'll avoid that beard.

Beard? The beard who took my table? Its back? Its talking again.. mayor? Its talking about a mayor? Am I the mayor? The beard.. it has boobs.. its a she? She's a bishop? Of where? The cathedral? Duh.. what else would she be a bishop of? Zanziik? Thats not a woman's name.. but.. it might be a beard's name..

I don't know.  But it looks like I'm mayor. 

Mayor? What happened to the last mayor?

Insane? Naked? He's running around naked and insane? Why? Where are his clothes? Why is he insane?

I don't know.  But at least the beard's covering most of it up. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The artifact:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:25:53 pm by Crustypeanut »

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

Hah! Excellent post. The Cathedral shall be the most valuable single place in all of the world. That table is fantastic. Here I was thinking I was cool for doubling the displayed fortress wealth on my turn and you've doubled mine with one object :P Cheers.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

14th Hematite, Year 11, Early Summer

Mayor.  I'm the mayor.  Fort's a mess.  Last mayor went insane, Captain of the Guard took his place temporarily.  Been administering beatings left and right for tantrums.  Killed three directly, a few others died from injuries in the hospital.  A medic went berserk. So did a hauler.  And a smith.  Number of others are insane, either naked or attempting suicide.   The rest are either tantruming or on the verge of it.

Except me.  I'm happy.  I don't know why.  I think its my table.  I love that table. 

18th Hematite, Year 11, Early Summer

More tantrums.. more insane ones.. the Bishop killed a berserk with her pick.  Then began tantruming.  Again.  Beards are dying left and right.  At this rate, we won't live to see the end of the year.  I should get some food into my room.

28th Hematite, Year 11, Early Summer

(What was written on this page is unknown, as it is smeared with blood and ink – presumably the owner's.)

----------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:12:20 am by Crustypeanut »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I just noticed, when a Stark Raving Mad dwarf cannot walk (due to injury), they're not "Running around babbling!", but instead "Crawling around babbling!"

Though, if they're using a crutch, its still the latter.

Edit: Theres.. just so much chaos.. blood.. murder.. I... I don't know what to say.. I think this might be on a Boatmurdered level of carnage, minus the fire, magma, and elephants.

P.S.: Tersr, you're nuts man.  NUTS.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:38:34 am by Crustypeanut »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“FOR GUTHSAK IGATHOTUN DOK NUGLUSH, THE ZOMBIE HOARY MARMOT OF DEATH!”

That scream, along with the chilling laughter of a maniac that followed, could be heard throughout the fortress, and it made hairs stand on end.  Zanziik, Bishop of Sarekmorul, had finally cracked and went into a berserker rage.

With her trusty copper pick in one hand, and her faith to the Most Hoary Lady in the other, she went on a rampage that left eleven dwarves dead and half as many animals dead.  Tersr III, Abysslanced the Cyclone, Scourge of Dwarfkind, who had by then killed literally a dozen dwarves through punishment, had intercepted her while she was chasing a child, and the following battle lasted over a month.  Tersr III had both of his hands and lower arms lopped off by her copper pick, but still stead fast and attacked his with tooth and foot.  Zanziik herself had sustained various injuries to her body and legs, but still raged on.

After having knocked Tersr III unconscious at least half a dozen times, a tantruming miner by the name of Asmel Gusiltad came from behind and bashed his pick into the raging bishop's brain, instantly ending the rage of the 'crusading' avatar of the Zombie Hoary Marmot of War and Death.

Days later, Asmel went on his own rampage, killing four before being struck down by a fellow miner, Thob, who had killed a number of trolls and two berserking dwarves beforehand.  All while carrying her young child with her.

Sitting in his bed, happy as can be, Tersr III, Scourge of Dwarfkind, passed away peacefully a few days later from infection, due to injuries sustained while defending his rightful place as the dwarf who's killed more of his fellows than any single dwarf in the fort.  He was replaced by Tersr IV as Captain of the Guard.

In early Autumn, the current mayor, Admiral Ackbar, went berserk from frustration at trying to keep the fort together.  His reign of terror lasted a mere hours, as the first person he came across – a legendary woodcutter – struck him down without breaking a sweat using his trusty bismuth bronze axe.

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A fitting end for the Bishop of Sarekmorul.

Honestly I must have been REALLY pissed. I gave myself total control of the masterwork platinum statue in the Cathedral. You can't get much higher value than that.

Curse you, Tersr! First a log cabin and then you fight me to the death, only to distract me while I am killed by an unimportant character. Elf tactics!

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A fitting end for the Bishop of Sarekmorul.

Honestly I must have been REALLY pissed. I gave myself total control of the masterwork platinum statue in the Cathedral. You can't get much higher value than that.

Curse you, Tersr! First a log cabin and then you fight me to the death, only to distract me while I am killed by an unimportant character. Elf tactics!

--EVERYONE-- was totally pissed.  All started with that damn goblin siege killing a few people with tons of friends.  And man, that was -THE- bloodiest tantrum spiral I had ever seen. 

In other news: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEE
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:08:48 am by Crustypeanut »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18