Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: A succession game for first-timers and/or new players. [Now with more tantrums.]  (Read 26914 times)

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I go to Chicago, come back, and /this is what I find/. XD

Oops :P

Zanziik, how long did you let the game run after the beast started bleeding?

I'm not certain, but just going by my journal entries it looks like the fight began on 17 Opal (and the FB started bleeding almost immediately) and it ended on 20 Opal when the FB died. Hope that helps...

EDIT: If you go into the traffic designations, I designated the places where I found FB blood as restricted. Should help you know where to wall off, at least.

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a quick *bump* back to the front page in the hopes that Flandre finds some time soon! Looking forward to your turn, Flandre!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have not even started. I apologize for wasting everyone's time, because I did not think a fortress of this size would take as much time away as I see now. My hands are currently full with a game of Mafia, and I will pass on the fortress as it was at the end of Zanziik's turn to Circuspeanut. I would be glad to join any future fortresses you guys might start, or even this one if it survives long enough, but right now I cannot commit to this. Please forgive me!

Fievreux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's cool. Thanks for giving it an effort, Flandre!

Like before, anyone can fill in, here. Just say that you're going to do it, beforehand.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile

Ok, I'll start my turn once Starcraft 2 finishes installing.. no way I can play the fortress while this is hogging up resources XD

Or not.. LOL it just finished as I was typing this.  I'll start my turn very soon, once it updates.  If someone wants to take Flandre's spot before I'm done, feel free to - I'll post when I'm done so when I'm -actually- starting.

Also Flandre, sorry to hear that you were unable to take yer turn, I hope you are able to soon. 

Edit: Wheres the save download at? Did Zanziik send it directly Flandre, or am I just being oblivious..

Edit 2: Derp, there it is.  LOL.  Fail..

Edit 3: Flandre.. did you call me Circuspeanut? >.> Anyways.. starting my turn, first update will be soon.

Edit 4: Btw, this'll be my actual turn, so whoever's after me will get their turn next, rather than me finishing Flandre's turn then taking my own turn. That wouldn't be fair (Plus it'd drive me nuts).  UNLESS you guys want someone else to take flandre's turn, and then I'll have my normal turn afterwards? I'm fine with it either way.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:22:57 pm by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh! Oops... I had a friend on another forum named circuspeanut. You know, the marshmallow candy? Heh, I knew I would have let that slip eventually... How embarrassing!

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, and here I thought you were calling me something spoilerific.  :o

Fievreux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go ahead and take your actual turn, then. I'll open up a slot for someone else to come in for a round 7.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alrighty.. I was giving people a day to step up if they wanted to, but I guess since thats not happening, I'll start my turn now.  First post will be up in a bit.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st Granite, Year 11, Early Spring

Crustypeanut had been miserable lately.  What with the recent forgotten beast attacks.. whose blood was deadlier than it's claws and fangs.  Then there was the fact that a number of his close friends died in that horrific event, who suffocated in their own bile as the beast's blood infected every organ in their body.. And thirdly, there was the issue of him being elected mayor for the SECOND time only THREE years.  He'd have to consult with his Therapist much more this year, if he was ever going to make it through the year alive.  Or sane, for that matter.  Sane.. or alive.. one of the two.. which would be better? Eh, he'd come to that bridge when he came to that bridge, as the saying went.  He thought.  Or was it something else.. BAH.  This is why he didn't enjoy leadership positions.  Too much thinking about things that weren't food.

First thing he had to do during his reign of terror er term, was to get everyone's lazy, drunken, ass into the new fort – that includes all of the supplies, including his precious food.  All workshops in the old fort were deconstructed, all stockpiles removed.. EVERYTHING was to be moved.  All production would cease in the mean time, as we had plenty of supplies to last us until the move.  Every man, woman, child, and half-retarded drunk person was told to haul stuff from point A to point B.  Those who didn't.. well.. no one 'didn't'.  At least, no one important.  No one.. left alive.   Even the “Great” be-larded “Bishop” of the newly constructed “Cathedral” was told to haul.  Crustypeanut didn't care about burial rites.. worshiping to some animal god.. or other such nonsense.  Food needed hauling, and when there was hauling to be done, haulers got to hauling or they'd be hauled to the nearest magma pipe. 

His head hurt.. too much thinking again.. but alas, even though he wanted to get around to cooking, there was hauling to be done.  If only his Therapist could help him haul.. but no, The Therapist was the only person Crusty could not get to haul.  Instead, he was busy calculating some genius plan.. that, or a doomsday device that would kill everyone.  He wasnt' sure.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:19:57 pm by Crustypeanut »

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even the “Great” be-larded “Bishop” of the newly constructed “Cathedral” was told to haul.  Crustypeanut didn't care about burial rites.. worshiping to some animal god.. or other such nonsense.

:O

Your turn is henceforth cursed by Our Most Hoary Lady.

ENJOY YOUR TURN OF DOOM, BLASPHEMER!

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

24th Granite, Year 11, Early Spring

“Haul here.. haul there.. haul over there..” Those were the thoughts drilled into everyone's minds this past month.  No work was to be done that wasn't hauling, except for the miners.

Crustypeanut – Er, his Therapist – had come up with a new defensive design for the front gate.  Though simple, it had worked wonders in the past.  The past? What 'the past' was the Therapist talking about? Had he helped other people before? Crusty thought he only helped him.. hmpf.  Anyways, the Therapist said that it was a simple, yet ingenious bit of construction – a simple two-tile wide pathway, laden with delicious traps, and on either side was a five-story-deep pit, with a ramp on each side leading back up to the pathway.  Beyond that was a set of fortifications with a narrow hallway behind it – perfect for an untrained group of marksdwarves to sit plinking bolts at their enemies.  If an enemy attempted to either  dodge the traps or a bolt, they would take a nasty plummet to the ground below -  if they lived, and could move, they'd climb back up the ramp to attempt it all over again.  The pit should be done within a month or two – we certainly have enough miners for the job.  In the mean time, everyone else, except the Therapist, of course, was busy hauling things there, hauling things here, hauling things everywhere. 

Crusty was tired again.. too much hauling, and too much thinking about things that didn't really need to be thought about.. since it wasn't food.

3rd Slate, Year 11, Mid-Spring

Some sodding hauler had a tantrum today.. scared the living crap out of a couple of other haulers.  Something needed to be done about the unlawful tantruming of these dwarves.. therefore, I have assigned one Tersr II to act as captain of the guard.  He has been equipped with a silver warhammer and told to met out justice when its needed at his discretion.  One Goden Inalathel is already sentenced to a beating for disorderly conduct against myself.  I look forward to seeing his punishment.

Tersr is complaining of needing a bedroom, dining room, and office.  The lazy sod.. does he really need an office to administer beatings?  I've assigned a few dwarves to get on it and get him one.. as well as make myself a fine room.  No reason for a dictator mayor to be sleeping in a communal dormitory..

-------------------------------------------

Screenshots of the new entrance will be once it's finished. 

Shiio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I'm fairly new to Dwarf Fortress, finally made an account here purely so that I could reply to this and possibly join when a position opens up. I am loving it so far and have just read every page and comment, as well as looked at the majority of the saves, When and If somebody needs someone to fill in for them, or when and if more slots open up, I would love to join in. Now, may your beard grow long and your ale stay fine.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

11th Slate, Year 11, Mid Spring

Damnit! I specifically told Tersr II  to use a silver warhammer, not that damned steel battle axe he loves so much! Now look at what he's done.. the clothsmith, who was punished for failing to meet the mandate of one Flandre to make rope reed items.. is now suffering from a case of popped out guts and decapitation, while the hauler, who I did look forward to being punished, is suffering from a severe case of steel axe embedded into his brain.  I doubt either one of them will recover..

Tersr II told me that he is carrying around the warhammer as ordered.. but he prefers to use his axe, since it means so much to him.  Oh well.  I feel sorry for the next sod who crosses his path.. I hope he doesn't mind a missing limb or three. Maybe this way, order will be kept.. due to fear of dismemberment.  The Therapist seems to agree.. and is applauding my assignment of this man to captain of the guard duty. 

12th Felsite, Year 11, Late Spring

The Goblins are here! We're in no means ready to defend against a siege.. I've ordered all personnel into the fortress proper, and the local militia to get their lazy asses to the front.  Hopefully we can bottleneck them and kill them that way. 

20th Felsite, Year 11, Late Spring

The entire militia has been massacred – not a single one left.  I've ordered the fortress sealed entirely, and we will wait it out.. we can do this. 

Some new sod, one of the recent immigrants has approached me today, calling himself “Tersr III”, and says he will take the place of the old Tersr II as Captain of the Guard.  While I suspect something is wrong with this mans head, I allow it, as we need to keep the order around here, what with the recent butcherings upstairs and thus, generally low morale.  The Therapist says a few good beatings will put them in their place, and they won't tantrum again.  Armok knows Tersr III will have plenty of work to do in the coming months.

23rd Felsite, Year 11, Late Spring

What is this? Two of the minerdwarves, Thob and Unib, who got stuck down in the pit when the  siege occurred, were assigned militia duty by The Therapist, and promptly massacred the number of goblins – including an Axelord – who got stuck down there with them.  It seems their mining training had paid off, and they came out victorious – they, including the traps above, had caused enough casualties to lift the siege!  Both miners will receive medals, titles, and permanent positions in the military.  One was even carrying her baby around during the whole debacle!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:44:56 pm by Crustypeanut »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, thats all for tonight folks.. I have a D&D Pathfinder group starting up soon, and tomorrow is a friend's birthday.. so I doubt I'll get anymore done until monday. 

One wee teaser to hold you off until then:

.....maybe calling Zanziik a "Great" be-larded "Bishop" wasn't the smartest thing to do.  I think its coming back to bite me in the arse.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:37:52 pm by Crustypeanut »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18