Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Games you need to finish  (Read 4350 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you need to finish
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 10:12:42 pm »

Hmm.... Lessee...

Persona 3 Portable - Really now, I should finish this immediately. "But no, I have to get
within the first playthrough..." "Shuddup! You should just enjoy the game as is!".

Hotel Dusk - I've been stalling this game for long, I might not remember the plot anymore. Fortunately, the thing has a plot summary section in the menu, IIRC.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - IIRC, I'm stuck in chapter 4 (or was it episode?) and I haven't got to playing that. I really should play it now, but I'm kinda stuck in my homework too. *sigh*

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »

Hotel Dusk - I've been stalling this game for long, I might not remember the plot anymore. Fortunately, the thing has a plot summary section in the menu, IIRC.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - IIRC, I'm stuck in chapter 4 (or was it episode?) and I haven't got to playing that. I really should play it now, but I'm kinda stuck in my homework too. *sigh*
Consider not playing two graphic novels/adventure games, which are by nature very story intense (and those two examples in particular), at the same time, good man. :p Kind of screwed yourself there.
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 10:45:52 pm »

Sorry man, boredom drives you to do things that aren't really good in hindsight. Plus, I kinda forgot I was playing Phoenix Wright too, until I posted in this thread.

:(

EDIT: Speaking of which, I watched my brother play Phoenix Wright from start to finish, so I already know the plot. :P

Problem is that he wants me to complete the game before I move to the next one.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:48:56 pm by New Guy »

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 10:52:58 pm »

Sorry man, boredom drives you to do things that aren't really good in hindsight. Plus, I kinda forgot I was playing Phoenix Wright too, until I posted in this thread.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I watched my brother play Phoenix Wright from start to finish, so I already know the plot. :P

My brother and I played in tandem that way too, giving eachother hints when we'd get stuck. Too bad that'll end since Miles Edgeworth: Ace Investigations 2 isn't being translated. D:
/offtopic
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 11:04:19 pm »

My brother and I played in tandem that way too, giving eachother hints when we'd get stuck. Too bad that'll end since Miles Edgeworth: Ace Investigations 2 isn't being translated. D:
/offtopic

Yeah, indeed. Those guys from C*apcom don't like to shut up and take my money. Instead, they want fighter suits that are invisible to other people without the costume DLC. I mean, what the heck?

Now, there's also that thing where they're blaming the fans about why the cancelled MML3.

Really now, C*apcom has been making tons of bad decisions, especially after they let Keiji Inafune leave, which is like making your in house Kojima leave because you just want to make more fighting games and zombies.

/offtopic rant

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 12:09:40 am »

1. Makai Kingdom, PS2 - This game is very fun, but can be frustrating at times especially when you run into enemies who wield ballons for weapons as those usual one hit your guys. Its alot of fun, and I ilke the building, vehicle, and character mixs you cna combine to beat your missions, and the various dungeons you can make. The story is really intresting in my opinon, and is one of kind this is a game you really have to pplay, and beat.

2. Disgaea 1, PS2 - This game is by far one of the best games I have played it was humorous, entertaining, addicting, and easy to get into. The storyline was ingenious, and the characters are unique (My personal favorite is Etna), adn they each have very definitive, and easily recognizable attitudes, and personalities. The gameplay was fun as you could chain your attacks, skills, and spells together to increase the damage you deal, abd the amount your bonus guage fills up.

3. Disgaea 2, PS2 - Even though it is the second game in the series the storylines are not connected, but it still has all the things that made Disgaea 1 awesome, and through some of the side quests you can get some of the characters from Disgaea 1 into your party,a dn the story is even more indepth than the first one I believe. It still has that humor in it that makes it at times pretty funny, but all together this is a great game.

4. Final Fantasy (All); PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, PC - All I have to say about this is that FF is the best game series I have ever played, adn I own quite a few of them its one of those games you cna sit down, adn start playing, and have it end up 5 o'clock in the morning the next day before you realize it.

I have others, but I am to lazy to type them up at the moment.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 02:01:07 am »

Diablo 2: Could never get past the first quest in A3.

Hot Wheel Velocity X: For as old as it is, it's hard enough to get cars on Challenge mode.

Empire Earth: 4 campaigns. Not happening.

Gears of War 2: Stopped playing after Carmine died.

NASCAR 2003 Season: I just wanna finish a season, and be done with it.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Tribes of the East: A very long chain-linked campaign, I wonder if I'll ever finish it.

Dungeon Siege 2: Saw DS3, did not like it at all, I'll stick with DS2 and maybe finish the campaign

Neverwinter Nights 2 Storms of Zehir: Both NWN2 and SoZ campaigns are really hard, but SoZ eases up on you a bit so you can get more experience.

MechCommander 2: As with any BattleTech game, I will love it. Sadly, due to some random FPS issue, I don't think I'll ever finish MC2.

Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries: The arenas are fun, but on the recon mission where you are by yourself, that's pretty much a quit right there.

Sins of a Solar Empire: No campaign, but I at least wanna finish a huge galaxy map, so this is on my list.

18 Wheels of Steel American Long Haul: Everytime I start up, I always fall. Really hard game unless you're an expert at managing your funds.

LEGO Indiana Jones: Was pretty far, but lost my save game and made me rage quit.

Sid Meier's Pirates!: So far managed to rescue 2 relatives, also want to get Marquis for every nation.

SPORE: Destroy the Grox, get every badge/upgrade, get to the center of the galaxy.

Stronghold 2: Very good strategy game, somewhat easy AI, peaceful/war campaigns.

Space Colony: This is also a very good game that will ALWAYS keep your mind sharp and watching for any aliens to blast.

X2 The threat: On the mission where you have to check the destroyed Jumpgate surrounded by mines. Also want to get an M1. Preferebly 5.

I would go on with the list of XBox games I need to finish (Besides GoW2, that's my XBox game), but it will take forever.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 09:04:20 pm »

I know the OP said not to mention roguelikes, but I am a man on a mission. I love to play them but never actually beat one (aside from the sandbox ones such as Rogue Survivor and DF). ADOM is by far my favorite "traditional" roguelike and for the past month+ I have been busting my ass to beat it. Farthest I have gotten is mid-game content but it's getting easier to reach that point.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2011, 10:23:41 pm »

Jeez,

Diablo 1 (technically i've done it in Multiplayer, but i haven't done it in Singleplayer yet. My most recent character, i finally got to Hell, but had to promptly save and generate a new game because VARIOUS DENIZENS OF HELL, Y U NO TAKE MUCH DAMAGE FROM MY ATTACKS, AND Y U KILL ME SO FAST?)

Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2

Icewind Dale 2 (i think i've hit a glitch at Dragon's Eye, won't let me inside, and because i'd been saving the same slot for a while, my only other save is many hours ago. FFFFFFFUUUUUU--)

Baldur's Gate 1 (i've gotten pretty far through before, just waiting on the motivation to try again. I have completed BG 2 and BG 2: Throne of Bhaal, so i basically know what happens, but i'd still like to see for myself)

NetHack (yeah, no surprise there :P)

Fallout 2 (again, i know basically what happens, but i still wanna actually complete it eventually)

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne (was fairly far through, but my computer crashed and for some reason it deleted my profile, taking all my progress away. Cue ragequit, but i'll get back to it eventually)

Teardown.se Space Hulk remake (For that matter, i haven't finished Alien Assault, which is what Teardown had to change their version of SH to because Games Workshop zealously guard their IP sometimes...)

Derelict

Marathon 2: Durandal

Fable 3 (right near the end, just waiting for the motivation)

Probably a few more, just can't remember right now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:25:27 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2011, 10:39:16 pm »

The Temple of Elemental Evil.
Not even sure why I never finished it.

Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup

Diablo 2
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 10:41:43 pm »

Starcraft 1. - Actually working on this right now.

Ur Quan Masters

That's about it. I may never beat Ur Quan Masters, due to a self imposed "restart upon death" house rule.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2011, 10:46:37 pm »

Dwarf Fortress.  Still haven't beaten it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2011, 10:58:29 pm »

Amnesia. My current save in it is in a spot where I'm hiding in a well-lit room that a monster is breaking into. I can't go back.

EDIT: Managed to do it. Out of that horrible, horrible part, and in this area there's light!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:35:12 pm by Yodamaster »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 11:14:07 pm »

Too many to count. This includes most of the Final Fantasy series. I haven't touched any in years. The saves are just sitting there on my memory cards. I don't recall where I am in the games or anything.

Spectrobes: Origins on my Wii. I haven't touched it in a week or so. I died a few times to the boss on the second-to-last world. I don't feel like grinding my mons to the level they need to be to get some good kicks in.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 11:29:23 pm »

Mass Effect 1.
Mass Effect 2.
Fallout: New Vegas.
Dungeons of Dredmor.

That's it, really. The other games I play constantly don't necessarily get "won" (Dwarf Fortress, EU3, HOI3 etc.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5