Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Games you need to finish  (Read 4344 times)

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you need to finish
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2011, 03:10:06 am »

Knights of the Old Republic 2. I beat the first one in 30 hours, it was awesome, I wanted more, but for some reason I just can't get into the sequel.

Red Faction: Guerrilla. I'm probably just one or two missions away from total story completion, but it's wearing a bit thin.

I've never finished a game of Civilization. Probably won't until I get Civ5.

I've also never beaten a Pokemon game. I got to Victory Road on Sapphire, but I'd been one-shotting almost everything (I think Kyogre went down in like two hits) with an OMGLAZOR attack my starter learned and the meat of the game wasn't that fun anymore.

Oh, and the only Zelda game I ever beat was Wind Waker. My sister and I are marathoning Ocarina of Time this weekend, though, and after that I will be in the proper mood to do Majora's Mask and maybe even Twilight Princess.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2011, 03:57:22 am »

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Perfect Dark

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2011, 04:55:21 am »

AI War: Fleet Command.

I always play with a friend, and they are never available when I feel like a game. Vice versa for them.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2011, 08:32:49 am »

I've also never beaten a Pokemon game. I got to Victory Road on Sapphire, but I'd been one-shotting almost everything (I think Kyogre went down in like two hits) with an OMGLAZOR attack my starter learned and the meat of the game wasn't that fun anymore.

Trust me, that's much more fun when you're younger (it's how I beat all my early pokemon games!). Now I can't play Pokemon without playing it either A) Nuzlocke mode or B) with an elaborately set up team of underpowered Pokemon.

Pokemon games are some of the few ones I've finished.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:04 am »

Was playing Osu! and I saw my Digimon song. Made me think to when I was younger, playing Digimon World 3. Never managed to finish it and i just cried a little.

Now, I can't stop listening to the song.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2011, 07:00:01 pm »

I actually did a marathon of twilight princess and beat it in three days. I quit windwaker at the chasing of the ghost ship, and I finished ocarina of time in my child hood. I figured more people would have these fixed.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2011, 07:05:23 pm »

No More Heroes.  I actually got up to Henry today.  Now I have to maintain interest.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2011, 07:15:19 pm »

Onimusha 1,2,3
Resident Evil 4
Fallout New Vegas
Borderlands (Includes All DLC)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Legend of Dargoons
Summoner 1, and 2
Halo 3: ODST
Red Alert 3
Mass Effect 1, and 2
Dragon Age Origins
Call of Duty Black Ops
Half-Life 2
Portal
Stronghold 2
Age of Mythology (With Titans Expansion)
Halo Combat Evoloved
Dark Sector
Last Remnant
Operation Darkness
Elder Scrolls Morrowind, and Oblivion
Last Odessey
Infamous
God of War I, II,and III
Gears of War 1, and 2
Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Harry Potter Chamber of Screts
Kotor 1, and 2
Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3, and 4

There are more I just can't think of them at the moment

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2011, 07:32:51 pm »

Knights of the Old Republic 2. I beat the first one in 30 hours, it was awesome, I wanted more, but for some reason I just can't get into the sequel.

The fact that the sequel was rushed and shipped in a near-incomplete state might have something to do with that.  >:(
If you're planning on trying again, make sure to pick up the Restored Content mod - it takes most of the content Obsidian didn't have time to finish and polishes it up. (Plus, the ending actually sorta makes sense once two-thirds of it isn't cut away.  ::) )

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2011, 07:33:03 pm »

Just Cause 2, got pretty far then just stopped playing, same with AC2, got to Venice then uninstalled the game a month later.Many others too, i tend to get bored with games quite fast, very rare are those who hook me untill the end.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2011, 07:34:56 pm »

TES3: Morrowind, M&B: warband, Shadowgrounds, TES2: Daggerfall, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Diablo 1, Thief 3, Darksiders

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2011, 09:20:00 pm »

I've never finished a game of Civilization. Probably won't until I get Civ5.
Eh, the only one worth finishing was Alpha Centauri anyways. The other ones I almost never enjoy playing beyond the initial phase, and thus never finish, but you've GOT to get a transcendence victory with Alpha Centauri at least once.

Also, for all you people still trying to finish UQM:
It's really not that long a game, get your asses on it! If you're limited on time and don't enjoy it, don't feel bad for looking up a map of rainbow planets so you can easily skip the annoying mineral collection mini-game. And you WILL need to look up the location of the Beast that Zex wants you to hunt - you need the actual included paper materials, a lot of luck, some stuff that isn't obvious, or a ton of time in order to find it.
OR your can use the following map and just check all the 8-start constellations that might meet the definition you need ;)
http://www.star-control.com/sc2/images/sc2_color_map.jpg

It also outlines the spheres of influences of the races you know about at the beginning of the game.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2011, 11:30:56 pm »

Oh yeah, a few more i haven't beat yet.

KOTOR 1 (Played and beat the second one first, lol)
TES 1: Arena
TES 2: Daggerfall
TES 3: Morrowind

Oblivion's the only one i've finished the main questline on.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »

So bad at finishing games. Off the top of my head:

Have actually finished: Diablo 1/2, Neverwinter Nights campaign (ugh, why?), Baldur's Gate 1, Disgaea, Rome Total War campaign mode, Fallout 1/2, Civ games (don't really count IMO), various Final Fantasies

Have not finished: Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, KOTOR, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Etrian Odyssey 2, Etrian Odyssey 3, Starcraft (but that's incompetence), Dark Cloud 2 (forgot all about that game), so many more

Usually what happens is, I get all the powers, and then it's like "got what I came for! Good luck, world in peril, I'm out!" And looking at the games I have finished, a lot of them keep you from getting all the powers during the first playthrough. I guess that must be key.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2011, 12:53:13 am »

Oh yeah. Ogre Battle. Don't feel bad, you have to be partially autistic to finish that whole game. I think I've restarted no less than 6 times. I burn through the first 8 battles in about 2 days and then I just look ahead to battles filled with high level enemies and juggling your rep....and ugh. Can't do it. Not even with a tricked out lich/princess party, because that is just a quick trip to the bad endings anyways. OB:MotBQ has so much micro to it if you want to do things well.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5