Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: The HARDCORE RTD: Fatality Will Be Your Fate (Join Fast Any Time!) Turn 7 Done  (Read 17649 times)

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile

Name: THOR
Skill: Lightning strike
Item: Mjolnyr, The Trustworthy Returning Hammer
Background: Used to be a god, was knocked out of the pantheon by all of these newcomers. And he's not happy about it.

I hurl my hammer in a huge boomeranging arc.

Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

For the record, still waiting on a rule/setting action from IronyOwl.

(2)
There's a bad moon on the rise. -1 to all rolls. Moons will now cycle normally with dice rolls.

Terren
"By talking by mind?"
(3-1) "No! You, see the real answer is..." While you were distracted, a burning zombie tackles you. YOU ARE NOW ON FIRE.

Turak (GrimmJow6th)
Gracefully begin puttting arrows into everyone[and thing]
Man, you just HATE dinosaurs! (1-1) You shoot an arrow into a passing tyrannosaur carrying a cart of rice. *thunk* "Why would you even do that? Can't you see I'm just-" *thunk*, you shoot another arrow in it. "Oh come now, that was unnecessary. Is your aggression caused by-" *thunk* "Please stop, I never-" *thunk* *thunk* "Okay now you're asking for it." *thunk* *crunch* It eats you in one bite.

Sam (Nirur Torir, right?)
Order the bestest, most expensive drink on the menu, and drink it enthusiastically.
(4-1, I swear I didn't fib that roll) You order "The most expensive drink on your menu, please!" The triceratops fills up a large cup of soda and charges you $4.49. You proceed to drink as enthusiastically as you can, but you get a little stomach ache halfway, so you don't finish it. YOU HAVE BECOME A GOD- ARISE NOW AS SAM, GOD OF THE UNTHEATRICALLY MUNDANE.

Esteban (Yoink)
"Madre Mia!" Esteban yells in terror. "Estoy en el Infierno!"
Scoop up great handfuls of the glowing mushrooms and gulp them down, as they obviously infer special powers. Then confront the denizens of hell with a great shout of, "Es a mi! Esteban!!"
(5-1) You pick up a whole bunch of glowing mushrooms and devour them. You start to feel a little... strange. And, like twice as tall as you were earlier. And the other mushrooms are talking to you. You start jumping on the foes, and are eventually confronted with a swarm of mushrooms, turtles, and guys on clouds throwing spiked things at you. The mysterious figure on the throne seems to have fled with a star.

Zombie Ahra
run into someone whilst on fire.
(1) You charge into another guy and set him on fire! Then your decaying flesh collapses in a burning heap. YOU ARE DEAD AGAIN.

Tom (Imakuni)
Slip out of my skin and reveal that I am actually an alien from the planet Xioolitarr. Grab my target and get beamed back to the mothership for (non-lethal) probing and experiments on said target.
(2-1) You turn into your alien form and sneak up on your oblivious target. Just as you're ready to grab them, Kleeborg back on the ship mis-aligns the teleporter and only teleports your top half. YOU ARE DEAD.

Eon part Deux (CrimsonEon)
!!YEAH!! Magically draw the fire off myself in as large a flaming nova I can.
(5-1) By an unrealistic grace of the dice, you get all the burning oil off of yourself without dying. Not only is the entire fortress burning down, but the fields outside are starting to as well! Good job! YOU HAVE BECOME A GOD- ARISE NOW AS EON LE DEUXIEME, DIEU DE FEU.

THOR (Mr. Macduggan)
I hurl my hammer in a huge boomeranging arc.
(3-1) You throw the hammer, and it arcs through the sky... and keeps going... and eventually disappears out of sight in a distant mountain range. Well, that's going to be an issue. Not only are you at a disadvantage without Mjolnyr, it could be quite a problem if some mortal gets his hands on it.

Survivors:
Terren (2, on fire), Esteban (2), THOR (1)

Dead:
Zombie Ahra (Burned up), Turak (very impolite), "Tom" (teleporter accident)

Gods:
Eon Le Deuxieme, Dieu de Feu
Sam, God of the Untheatrically Mundane

Man, with two ascensions and three deaths, the roster's looking a little thin. Next turn should be pretty interesting though- lots of new characters and three god changes (since IronyOwl didn't post his yet).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, we're going to have to recruit everyone on the forums at this rate  :P

THOR's action is:
In rage, vaporize the nearest mortal to myself with a bolt of lightning

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Gah, I can't think of a fitting yet Fun rule. This is troublesome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Gah, I can't think of a fitting yet Fun rule. This is troublesome.
Mind, your rule doesn't necessarily have to fit your character. You can also change the setting (entirely or in part).

I'm also open to other godly actions, as long as they don't deal with a single player ("I strike Ochita with lightning!"). For example, you could say "Everyone now has jetpacks", although that's not as long-lasting as most rule or setting changes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

BWAHAHAHA! COWER, MORTALS! AS MY DECREE; WHENEVER A PLAYER DIES, THEY WILL BURST INTO FLAMES, THE POWER OF WHICH IS DETERMINED BY THE LAST ROLL THEY MADE. A ONE GIVING BUT A SIMPLE SCORCH TO THEIR CLOTHES, A SIX GIVING A FIERY EXPLOSION TO BURN EVERYTHING NEARBY!

Oh come on Irony, be creative  :P. Though I do hope my rule isn't excessive >_>

I'll get to a new character at some point.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile

Can people who have died rejoin?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

Can people who have died rejoin?
yes i was my zombie remember
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, just go for it. From what we've seen so far, this RTD just munches through about 4 characters a turn. Reusing people is probably going to be vital if we don't want this thread to die.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahra the warrior priest
skills: armor user
item: plate armor
background: .... hes gonna die next turn anyway

find an tavern
Quite fucked indeed.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't think of anything worthy of a rule by a goddess of the untheatrically mundane.

Instead, most major cities are coastal, and there are now cutebold pirates on poorly built, yet somehow seaworthy and effective, ships from the Age of Sail. Lots of them. Dinosaur-Japan's geography has several new islands, populated either by dinosaurs or pirates ... There is a raiding fleet in the harbor of WhateverThisCityIsVille!

NAME: Sir Arbalest the Unworthy of a Title
SKILL: McGuivering
ITEM: Semi-automatic hand-held mini-cannon of-hyphenation. No ammo.
BACKGROUND: Sir Arbalest was always saddened by his colleagues amongst the nobility performing deeds and gaining titles. As he spent his days studying anachronistic texts about craftsmanship, he never earned a proper deed-based title of his own. One day, his newest creation, a toaster made from rocks, salt, a potato, and half a ton of microcline backfired, creating a large tear in the Space-time Continuum and sending him here.

Make some 'bullets' out of rocks, flour, and bullet casings!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile

Name: Theodolus
Skill: Archeology
Item: Keyboard and Mouse
Background: Hunts for video compression artifacts.

Lasso a raptor using the mouse cord and use it to ride down the first player I see, smacking said player in the head with my keyboard as we pass by.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Heheh, my rule just killed Imakuni. :D

Tell the fire elemental (AKA the fire) to get off my back. Say please.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heheh, my rule just killed Imakuni. :D

Tell the fire elemental (AKA the fire) to get off my back. Say please.
the -1?
Quite fucked indeed.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile

Name: RabbitJoe
Skill: Mass slaughter
Item: Rabbit-sized jetpack
Background:  BunnyBob's twin brother.  Out to avenge his death.
Find a large piece of meat and throw it into a building to get the dinosaurs to run into it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10