Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: The HARDCORE RTD: Fatality Will Be Your Fate (Join Fast Any Time!) Turn 7 Done  (Read 17641 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

**Remember that new rules can be found in the Pantheon spoiler!**

Welcome, sit down. DO I HAVE TO ASK YOU TWICE?

Find some safety goggles, it is prudent to protect your eyes while participating in this RTD. Remember:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, this RTD will be very FAST PACED. It will be fast paced and LETHAL. You will attempt to do exactly ONE action per turn. If you roll a 1, you DIE. If you roll a 2, you are DISFIGURED. If you roll a 6, you succeed but MAIM, KILL OR DISFIGURE YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE. You are not discouraged from attempting to cause other people to die, but they will probably try to kill you in return.

Sometimes succeeding will ALSO KILL YOU.

If your character survives for THREE TURNS, you will ASCEND TO GODHOOD and may choose to affect the setting in one way, be it major or minor, per character. You will then join the PANTHEON. For all else, the adventure ends in the TOMB OF THE COSMICALLY INSIGNIFICANT.

To start, simply created a character. You do not need to wait for my confirmation, all characters will be served. You will need:
-A NAME
-A GENDER, if applicable
-ONE SKILL
-ONE ITEM (you may be implied to have clothes)
-A BACKGROUND. This will describe most of your character and what purposeless business they engaged in prior to the short, sudden end to their existance. Absurdity tolerated.
-Your FIRST ACTION. You will do this immediately.

Each turn, INCLUDING WHEN YOU CREATE YOUR CHARACTER, you must select an action. If you have not chosen an action by the time I feel a turn should roll around, your character will pick their nose, regardless of how much peril they may be in.

Once several characters have been submitted, I will create a SETTING and enact your actions in it. YES, you choose your actions before you know what setting you're all in on the game's first term. Tough luck for pioneers.

COMMENCE SLAUGHTER. Will you aid others on seeking a path to nirvana or plot their downfall? EITHER WAY YOUR MORTAL LIVES ARE MEANINGLESS.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:02:08 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: The HARDCORE RTD: Fatality Will Be Your Fate (Join Fast Any Time!)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 02:20:53 am »

Name: Raptor McNinja
Skill: DINOSAUR NINJA ARTS (+1 to STEALTH KILLS)
Item: Stereotypical Katana (Extra large for a raptor...!)
Background: A raptor who studied ninjutsu under the legendary Raptor Jesus.

FLIP THE FUCK OUT
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:23:22 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:22:27 am »

NAME: BDTHEMAG
SKILL: MAIMING THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE (+1 to attacking!)
ITEM: REINFORCED KEYBOARD
BACKGROUND: A FORMER PROGRAMMER, GONE INSANE.

GOD DAMNIT SENSEI YOU GOT ME PUMPED UP!!!!!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:25 am »

HOLY SHIT.

-NAME: SHARAX THE HUNGERING
-SKILL: HAND TO HAND COMBAT
-ITEM: RUSTY SPIKED CHAIN
-STORY: SHARAX IS A HORRIFYING AND MALEVOLENT GHOUL, FOND OF TEARING THE LIVING ASUNDER AND FEASTING ON THEIR STILL WARM REMAINS. MOST OF HIS PLANS AND GOALS FOLLOW NATURALLY FROM THE AFOREMENTIONED HOBBIES.

FEAST ON THE LIVING
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:52:11 am »

Name: Joe.
Skill: Leafology.
Item: Report on canary cages.
Background: Joe was a completely average, boring office worker. He has worked at the same job for twenty years, always quietly wondering why he was never promoted. Due to being utterly boring, he has never married. His hobby is collecting leaves. He can talk for hours about them. Do not ask him about leaves.

Ask if anyone has seen Mary. I have to give her that report on canary perches. Then ask if anyone has seen my report on canary perches; I'm sure I had it on me. This isn't it at all.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 11:28:35 am »

Name: War
Skill: Wizardry (+1 to magic)
Item: Wand of polymorph
Background: Just a regular Chaotic Orc Wizard, going to the Dungeons of Doom hoping to find glory, when he suddenly found himself here.

Zap Joe with my wand of polymorph.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 01:42:08 pm »

name: Killroy | | Profession: Bounty Hunter | | Skill: +1 in MELEE ASS KICKING | | Bio: Killroy has no last name, only Killroy. He was a bounty hunter from earth that often maced people for no reason, and was in the process of beating a criminal with a blunt object when he ended up here. | | Scan the area and bash whatevers coming at me with a *blunt object*.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 02:11:56 pm »

TURN ONE
The turn has commenced. There are currently no gods, so it is futile to pray for mercy.

Somewhere on the west coast of America...

The sun is rising, to reveal a city in anarchy. Everything was normal until yesterday- exactly as the sun stuck the horizon, someone, somewhere, completed a fell ritual from the Necronomicon. Eldritch horrors now walk the land. In retaliation, someone attempted to stop the issue short with nuclear missiles. Then there was an earthquake. A secret government program involving time portals seems to have been lost control of, perhaps causing your presence here today. You can also see at least one frost giant on the horizon, so Ragnarok is probably at hand too.

All of you are, for one reason or another, on the second floor of a three-story elevated parking garage. There are just a few cars, which is probably good because it looks as if one or more load bearing beams has been compromised and the entire building is starting to list.

Do whatever you must to survive.

Raptor McNinja (Krath)
FLIP THE FUCK OUT
(3) You FLIP OUT. Your tail hits a car and causes a gas leak. It still wasn't very satisfying.

BDTHEMAG
I forgot to post an action!
You decide to attack whoever is in front of you... (dice roll is 4, so the 4th person of 6 on the list is Joe). You raise your keyboard and (1) before you can murder him, he starts talking about canary perches. You can't stand it! Your brains melt and fall out of your ears. YOU ARE NOW DEAD.

SHARAX THE HUNGERING (IronyOwl)
FEAST ON THE LIVING
(2) There's a guy laying gargling in his own blood, so you decide to feast on that. You accidentally end up eating his STEEL KEYBOARD and BREAK YOUR JAW OFF. It's going to be difficult to feast on the living now unless you can turn them into a paste first.

Joe (Nirur Torir)
Ask if anyone has seen Mary. I have to give her that report on canary perches. Then ask if anyone has seen my report on canary perches; I'm sure I had it on me. This isn't it at all.
(5) Some nerdy looking fellow raises his keyboard- it looks like he had your documents stuck in it! You tell him all about canary perches as a thank you. His ears bleed and then brains start sopping out of them. Suddenly your glasses turn into a calculator, (2) and your vision is quite blurry without them. The calculator falls to the ground.

War (Imakuni)
Zap Joe with my wand of polymorph.
(3) Your wand of polymorph works fine, but it hits Joe's glasses. His glasses are now a calculator.

Killroy (jc6036)
Scan the area and bash whatevers coming at me with a *blunt object*.
(2) You're about to resume mugging a complete stranger in a parking garage, but you drop your *blunt object* and destroy your left eye. You are bleeding a ton!

SURVIVORS:
Raptor, Sharax (No jaw), Joe (poor vision, lost glasses), War, Killroy (No left eye, bleeding) (1 turn each)

DEAD:
Bdthemag, talked to death.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 02:12:22 pm »

Name:  Toaster
Skill:  Superhumanly tough
Item:  Pogo stick
Bio: A man crazy enough to attempt godhood... while on a pogo stick.

Action:  Exit the building while defending myself from attackers.

(Argh, ninjaed by mod.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:01:43 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I grab the report and obliviously walk out of the building while trying to figure out where Mary went.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 02:35:29 pm »

Hold my left eye and scream in agony, all the while kicking my victim to death. Pick up my club after the slaughter.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't worry Toaster- it's perfectly valid to join mid-game. You even have an approximate idea of where you'll be when you start flailing around!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

NAME: OCHITAAAAAAA
SKILL: INDUCING INSANITY (+1 to making things go insane/sane (whatevers worst)!)
ITEM: PINK DICE
BACKGROUND: JUST A MAN, GOING CRAZY.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Don't worry Toaster- it's perfectly valid to join mid-game. You even have an approximate idea of where you'll be when you start flailing around!

Noted- I edited my turn, if that's cool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

Cast force bolt at Killroy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:19:16 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10