Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The HARDCORE RTD: Fatality Will Be Your Fate (Join Fast Any Time!) Turn 7 Done  (Read 17628 times)

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

There is only one rule that would be suitable for War to make.

Any time you kill someone, intentionally or not, the number of turns required for you to ascend decreases by one.

Name: Tom McSexyguy
Skill: Stunningly Good Looks
Item: Hair comb
Background: He is an actor and a model for famous clothing stores, as well as the man every woman wants and every guy wants to look like. He is hopeless in doing anything without his hired help or PR guys. Hopeless in doing almost anything, rather, as he is pretty good at making women swoon even when he is being stuck up and arrogant.
Saunder over to the nearest female and ask if I can buy her a drink.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Any time you kill someone, intentionally or not, the number of turns required for you to ascend decreases by one.
Oh hey yay! Now I will get to ascend next turn if I succeed!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Hmm, now I'll have to go back and count people's kills.

Remember, you guys can change things other than ascension rules. Be creative!

Either way though I think I might have created the most violent, fast paced rulemaking game.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

Well, it was either that,vor polymorphing the earth. I didn't know whAt to polymorph it to though. :P
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just waiting for HmH and Krath.

Also I probably will just count player kills towards ascension, otherwise too many people will be inventing NPCs to kill- and I could be a buzzkill and say "No, that person's not there" but I'd rather not because that amounts to them doing nothing for a turn.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Just waiting for HmH and Krath.

Also I probably will just count player kills towards ascension, otherwise too many people will be inventing NPCs to kill- and I could be a buzzkill and say "No, that person's not there" but I'd rather not because that amounts to them doing nothing for a turn.
Well, you could always say no inventing NPCs, but you could always go searching for one.

I agree that turning each and every NPC into a vital resource is probably a bad idea, though. I mean, if I get lucky with that column of militia I could ascend instantly otherwise.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

I actually meant it to be just players too, guess I should have worded it that way haha. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn.

Oh well, at least the chance for me to survive two more turns is... shit. About 1/4.

FUUUUUUUUUU...
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well technically, only a 1 guaranteed to kill you (chance of avoiding that for two more turns is a little less than 2/3) but lots of other things could cause you to die- chiefly other players' actions, or something really stupid you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does causing a car to fall on someone by flexing count as a kill? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He did, however, decapitate Killroy in midair. Killroy was dead anyway but I'm counting it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

Snatch Kroblag's sword while he orders a drink.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well technically, only a 1 guaranteed to kill you (chance of avoiding that for two more turns is a little less than 2/3)
Well, yeah, I guess you're right.

And, because I'm a goddamn nitpicker, the exact chance for me to not get a 1 within two turns is 25/36 I believe.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:07:03 am by Tarran »

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NAME: JESUS MCDWARVENSOCKS!
SKILL: CAN CALL MAGMA TO FALL FROM THE MOTHERFUCKING SKY WHEREEVER HE CHOOSES!
ITEM: BOOZE!
BACKGROUND: HE WAS BORN INSIDE A ROBO-DINOSAUR. HE ATE HIS WAY OF THE MOTHER FUCKING STOMACH!

DRINK BOOZE!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10