Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59285 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.
« Reply #480 on: January 29, 2017, 07:08:25 pm »

Use my arcane powers to make everyone but me compelled to dance, and only satisfied by dancing, not anything else like eating, or sleeping, or breathing, or doing magic...

...Can I do that?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:41 pm »

OK. An blast of Arcane force in all directions from you that makes Dance the only way to obtain Satisfaction for those hit. In the future, I would prefer if you specified which Aspects you're using in your spell. It was clear this time, but it makes things easier and cleaner for me. You don't have to, but if you're use of an Aspect is not clear in a spell, I may not use it, or use an Aspect you did not want to use, on accident.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2017, 07:18:57 pm »

Use carvings (true aspect), angelic, and transformative aspects to engrave some article of clothing near my hand (preferably a glove, if I have them, but sleeve works too) with runes of divine transformation magic. Specifically, the kind that turns people into pillars of salt. The enchantment should trigger at whoever I point to.

Spoiler: Aspects (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2017, 07:21:01 pm »

Just curious, what do pillars of salt have to do with Angels?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2017, 08:01:22 pm »

Just curious, what do pillars of salt have to do with Angels?

Mostly this, although I'll admit that the connection to the angels themselves is more dubious than I thought. I'll go ahead and change it, if you'd prefer.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2017, 08:04:01 pm »

Eh, I'll allow it once. It's not like it's instantaneous death- there's a Willpower save to resist it, and one could simply become animate salt on a low-enough roll.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2017, 08:05:27 pm »

Turn 1: (WIP)

Initiative-(6,1,6,4) TBF and Caesar, Cleric, Whisperling
Use my arcane powers to make everyone but me compelled to dance, and only satisfied by dancing, not anything else like eating, or sleeping, or breathing, or doing magic...

...Can I do that?
Pot(5+1=6)
You focus on the desire to dance, and the joy it inspires, overwhelming all other joy, and release your spell all around you. A wave of mystical energies quickly cross the habitat, overflowing the edges of the pit like a wave crashing on a cliff, washing back over you. The loudspeaker system is affected, and begins playing Eye of the Tiger. Perfect for jamming out to, as well as fighting of any sort, especially against a big cat. Some of the crowd begins dancing to the beat.
Willpower Resist:
Caesar; (1). Whispering; (3). Cleric; (2). TBF; (2)
The lion is immediately consumed by the wave, and quickly starts violently swaying to the music. When the "Eye-EeeeE-EeeYYYYYE" part comes, he tries to stand up and roar it. However, being a lion, he falls over on his back, prone. The audience loves this, and laughs. He's going to be the next viral video star. Whispering can mostly handle it, but nevertheless sways to the side in rhythm. You, however, also start singing to it. So does the cleric, though his voice seems to come from many places at once, including inside of yourself. He also starts doing that disco-pointing-finger move with his left hand. It's an oldie, but a goodie.
-Field Affect; Evil Eye of the Tiger- All afflicted by the music must involve the music or dancing in their action, or invoke a -1 penalty to their roll. Caesar is affected for 5 turns, TBF and the Cleric for 3 turns, and  Whispering for 2 turns, all including this turn. In addition, all chaos mages can call upon Tiger as an Aspect once over the next five turns.
Caesar is Knocked Down- -1 to strength, endurance, and dexterity rolls until he gets back up. Also, Caesar is no longer Sleepy.
Quote from: Caesar
Rawr
Caesar was caught off-guard by dance fever, and loses his turn!
Use carvings (true aspect), angelic, and transformative aspects to engrave some article of clothing near my hand (preferably a glove, if I have them, but sleeve works too) with runes of divine transformation magic. Specifically, the kind that turns people into pillars of salt. The enchantment should trigger at whoever I point to.

Spoiler: Aspects (click to show/hide)
Pot(5+1-1=5)
Realizing that your apparel could use some touching-up, you prepare some special runes to turn others to salt. Your mind, distracted by it's origin story, almost goes too far. However, TBF's wave of sound stops you just short of overloading it. Soft, curving runes glowing with white sunlight appear on the sleeves on your shirt. A solid hit could easily turn someone to salt without reducing the runes' power, but you should be careful not to scratch your arm or anything.
-Gain Equipment; Sleeves of Lot's Wife- Contact with a living being will turn them into a pillar of salt, with Willpower rolled to resist.
Quote from: Odd Cleric
Strike at the normally-robed whippersnapper, taking the usual shortcut. Follow the rhythm of the music.
The otherworldly cleric, mid-disco-pose, seemingly disappears as the space in front of him distorts. A few moments later, he appears in front of TBF, doing the sprinkler in a horizontal slash at his head!
The Odd Cleric's remaining Aspect was Extradimensional! His name is revealed to be Elder Dimension Priest!
Elder Strength vs. Dexderity (2 v. 2-1= 2 v. 1, bare success!)
Returning to the plane with the cursed music, the Elder is a little slow on his strike. However, TBF, unaware of his disappearance in the first place in favor of grooving out, is struck along the scalp, and knocked back slightly. Mildly dazed, he manages to get back up, ready to face his assailant.
-TBF is inflicted with Minor Scalp Bleeding!

Aspect Regen:
TBF (358) gains the Ghost Aspect!
Whisperling (350) gains the Ninja aspect!
Players
TheBiggerFish: Arcane; Intelligence, Liquid, Glue, Ghost. (4/5)
Status; Evil Eye of the Tiger (2), Minor Scalp Bleeding.
Whisperling: Carvings: Steal(not a typo), Air, Sci-Fi, Ninja. (4/5)
Status; Evil Eye of the Tiger (1).
Equipment; Sleeves of Lot's Wife.

Enemies
Caesar the Lion: Evil Eye of the Tiger (4), Knocked down (heavy)
Elder Dimension Priest: Evil Eye of the Tiger (2).

Map
Caesar's Habitat- Evil Eye of the Tiger (4)

So, how was my first GMing? It took a lot longer than I expected. Have to be quick, I need to go bed. G'night!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:48:10 am by OceanSoul »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2017, 08:11:39 pm »

Eh, I'll allow it once. It's not like it's instantaneous death- there's a Willpower save to resist it, and one could simply become animate salt on a low-enough roll.

Fine by me. Mostly just trying to get a weapon that synergises well with my true aspect.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2017, 09:15:53 pm »

Turn's up!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Turn 1 of Fallacy's Loot Generator Test
« Reply #489 on: January 30, 2017, 11:16:22 am »

Whose self-lethality?
Try to understand the contents of the book. Either cast something from the book in front of me or on myself, depending on the gut feeling I have from what I read.
Edit: That is, when the fight starts.
Edit2: When I first open the book, open it away from me, in case horses start racing out of it.
This, but try to identify the source of the voice, too.
Have rifleman tell me what he can do, then have him go shoot (or whatever lethal thing he does) one of the others Whisperling. Also hide behind him for cover if necessary.
Hold out headphones, then hit the button. If the resulting music is safe to have right next to my ears, put it on. If not, Beirus looks like he could use some deadly relaxing tunes.

Initiative:
OceanSoul(62)
Beirus(20)
Whisperling(55)

OceanSoul starts the game by opening his book. Away from him. Horses didn't race out of it, but it certainly didn't do the other thing OceanSoul expected it would do. Rather, it disintegrated into... something, which flowed into the shape of a horse. Made of something. Something incomprehensible.

OceanSoul Sanity(2)
Beirus Sanity(6)
Soldier Sanity(3)
Whisperling Sanity(1)

Nobody should have looked at the horse. OceanSoul was the first to go, collapsing to the floor in a heap. (Mild Unconsciousness, will awaken at the end of next turn, no roll required. Can roll to wake up earlier)
Beirus didn't actually see the horse, given he hid behind his soldier.
Who did see the horse, and started vomiting. (Vomiting, like, blaaaargh. Penalties to acting this turn, might roll for normally non-roll actions.)
Whisperling was the worst affected. His eyes started smoking, and he collapsed. (Unconsciousness. Gets one shot at waking up each turn by default with a roll.)

Whisperling would have acted next, but he was unconscious.

Beirus, the only intact player, ordered his soldier to tell him what he could do.

Soldier Communications(5)

As it happened, the soldier knew sign language, and informed Beirus that he was a soldier, his gun put people to sleep in addition to doing normal gun things, and he was likely to miss because of the horrible thing he just saw.

That said, he opened fire.

Soldier Accuracy(5-2=3) vs. Whisperling Dodge(1 by default)

Of course, can you really miss a stationary target? The bullet only clipped Whisperling, but that was enough to add something of a sleep effect to Whisperling's unconsciousness. (Sleepy and Unconscious, roll at -1 for first turn of waking up)

Soldier Willpower(3)

Then an odd shift in color occurred in the soldier, as a change occurred in the hands that were touching his gun and spread all the way to his shoulders. They looked different now. Less fluid. Less realistic. Artistic.
~~~
((Yeah.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 30, 2017, 11:53:16 am »

In dream, plan how to approach situation next turn. When I wake up, look down, and locate horse bases off of it's shadow. Then, carefully mount it backwards, eyes closed, and give it a slap.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 02, 2017, 08:48:25 am »

Use my Arcane magics to Glue the not-cleric to a particular point in space.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 02, 2017, 12:48:36 pm »

Have my soldier shoot the guy that summoned the horse thing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 02, 2017, 04:42:02 pm »

((Shit, really sorry about that delay. Been alternating between having this open in the background and planning to post then forgetting about it completely.  :-\ ))

Make like a ninja and carve Caesar's skull into something nice with a few well-placed knives and shurikens. Activate the sleeves when I make contact.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 03, 2017, 06:25:16 pm »

Turn 2:

Initiative:
TheBiggerFish- (1)
Whisperling- (2)
Elder Dimension Priest- (6)
Caesar- (3)
Quote from: Elder Dimension Priest
Rock n’ Roll!
Use my Arcane magics to Glue the not-cleric to a particular point in space.
Elder Pot(4-1=3)
The cleric plants his sword into the ground, drops to one knee, and puts his hands together, praying. You’re still getting up from that near-miss, and when you get back up to your feet, two small rifts in space open in front of him, releasing three small stone-age wheels rolling right for you!
Dex(4-1=3)
You manage to jump over the first two, but you fail the landing, being knocked back down to the ground and getting hit by the last one..
End(1-1=0) (Youch.)
..right in the face. Turn Lost
-TheBiggerFish is Dazed (-1 Pot, Dex, and Will).
Quote from: Caesar
Rrawr
((Shit, really sorry about that delay. Been alternating between having this open in the background and planning to post then forgetting about it completely.  :-\ ))

Make like a ninja and carve Caesar's skull into something nice with a few well-placed knives and shurikens. Activate the sleeves when I make contact.
Whis. Pot (1+1-1=1)(I was hoping for this)
Dashing to the rock-floored part of the enclosure, where Caesar is just getting back up, you launch a storm of kunai that immediately begins slashing at Caesar’s skin. Only..they aren’t hurting him. The emblems now carved into his skin glow, and some sort of modified ninja tunic begins to cover his fur and mouth. A pocket filled with shruikens is woven into the right side, and a katana resides in a sheath on his left. Looks like you accidentally carved ninja runes into him. Well, at least he can’t use th…he grabbed the katana. With his teeth. Well, at least you’ll die epically.
Caesar has gained the Ninja Aspect! He gains +1 dexterity and initiative, as well as shruikens and a katana.
Caesar recovers from Knocked Down (heavy).
Whispering recovers from Evil Eye of the Tiger, though (s)he can still use the Tiger attribute it provides once until it is completely over.

Aspect Regen:
TBF gains the Jungle Aspect!
Whisperling gains the Buddhist aspect!

Players
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Caesar the Lion (Lion, Ninja): Evil Eye of the Tiger (3), Ninja Runes (+1 Dex and Initiative). Wearing ninja suit, and equipped with katana and shruikens.
Elder Dimension Priest (Prayer, Outdated, Extradimentional): Evil Eye of the Tiger (1). Equipped with Old Bronze Sword.

Map
Caesar's Habitat- Evil Eye of the Tiger (3)

In case you don't get it yet, merely incorporating dancing/music into your action negates the penalty of Evil Eye of the Tiger. TheBiggerFish, you might need it. Also, what do you think of my style? Are there any glaring flaws or mistakes? I’m open to criticism.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:31:00 pm by OceanSoul »

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35