Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59296 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: 4 Positions open. For SCIENCE!
« Reply #465 on: May 27, 2014, 05:20:43 am »

Basically, I roll a d20 to see if you hit, and then I use a random number generator for damage, such as 3-8 or 1-3. You get the idea?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

blazing glory

« Reply #466 on: May 27, 2014, 05:24:53 am »

Basically, I roll a d20 to see if you hit, and then I use a random number generator for damage, such as 3-8 or 1-3. You get the idea?

Yeah.

Doesn't really sound like something for a RtD though...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 27, 2014, 05:30:39 am »

That's what you think. I used a similar system in my Star Warriors RTD, though.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 27, 2014, 11:09:56 am »

Yeah.

Doesn't really sound like something for a RtD though...
RtDs can use any ruleset really, or at least as I view it, almost all of my systems have been d20 focused and for example some of my RTDs have been rather advanced/mildly complex.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 27, 2014, 11:34:46 am »

I'm a sticker for the basic dice being 1d6 in an RTD, but this is really a debate for Roller's Block (where it's been had many times, so...). In any case;

Scientist: 10ebbor10
Test Name: Naval Ship Testing
Test Type: Combat
Required Number Of Subjects: 4-6
Rolls to be filled: 1*Carrier commander, 1*Submarine Commander ,  1* Cruiser Commander, 1* Destroyer commander, 1* Battleship commander, 1*Torpedo boat commander
Tag: Green
Goal: Try to find whether the system is fun, workable and perhaps, balanced.

Signing up for this, if it's still going to be a thing. Cruiser Commander of the Stupendous reporting for duty!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 27, 2014, 11:46:54 am »

This is very much going to be a thing. I can't guarantee that you won't spontaneously explode on the first turn though.

blazing glory

« Reply #471 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:47 pm »

I'm fine with a 12 die but I think 20 is over doing it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.
« Reply #472 on: June 11, 2014, 06:04:16 pm »

Updated, Revitalized, ET CETERA!

Watch the road. Become extremely bored with my assignment to such an empty voyage. Glare at random inanimate objects as if they might suddenly become threatening, like bushes. Can't trust those little green buggers.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 11, 2014, 06:17:24 pm »

Watch the road. Become extremely bored with my assignment to such an empty voyage. Glare at random inanimate objects as if they might suddenly become threatening, like bushes. Can't trust those little green buggers.

You missed me volunteering to be a test subject. Unless there is no room for more test subjects.
I want to be a test subject! Put me on the list, please.

I could probably handle being in 3 concurrent tests.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:38:03 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 11, 2014, 08:52:30 pm »

You missed me volunteering to be a test subject. Unless there is no room for more test subjects.
I want to be a test subject! Put me on the list, please.

I could probably handle being in 3 concurrent tests.

I probably missed a couple things. You're on. Just yell at whichever scientist you want to apply with.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 29, 2017, 03:32:06 pm »

I'm moving this test game from Roller's Block, and the details of the game are on pages 646-7. Here.

In a rather large stone chamber lacking windows, two men appear at opposite ends of it: One is dressed in long, classical magic robes, while the other bears leather clothing engraved with old runes of luck, though they are far from functional anymore. Before either can act, a black-and-white grid covers the surfaces of the room, and glows brightly. The arena is far different by when the light finally dims, revealing a grassland exhibit set about 2 yards deep into the ground, with 2 feet of rails above it. A young, confident lady's voice booms over several speakers;

"..In those five years, Caesar has fathered 3 cubs and captured all our hearts! Normally, he..Huh? There's people..in the cage! What a pleasant surprise! Looks like he'll get quite a good lunch today!"

A crowd is onlooking in suspense. The two men, in opposite corners, look to the western corner, where, lying on a flat rock, Caesar begins waking up. Another voice speaks aloud, but it seems like it exists within one's mind..

Looks like it'll be a four-way today. Things'll be interesting.

Four, the men wonder? There's the two of them, the lion,..and, on further inspection, a cleric of some sort in the eastern corner, whose body makes shapes unnatural for any living being. Or is that just how you're perceiving him? His robes are filled with moth-holes, and in his left hand, he holds a green bronze sword that definitely belongs in a museum. He doesn't look friendly..but, then again, neither does anyone else.

Round One..FIGHT!!

Players
TheBiggerFish: Arcane; Intelligence, Liquid, Satisfaction, Dance, Glue. (5/5)
Status; Fine
Whisperling: Carvings: Transformative, Steal(not a typo), Air, Sci-Fi, Angellic. (5/5)
Status; Fine

Enemies
Caesar the Lion: Sleepy
Odd Cleric: Fine
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:08:30 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 29, 2017, 06:44:54 pm »

Sooo...Hi.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 29, 2017, 06:52:50 pm »

Why do you say that? Unsure on what to do? Currently, one of the best things you can do is cast a spell by listing one or more of your Aspects, and describing an affect related to them all. For example, with the Aspects of Small, Biotic, and Capitalist, you could summon a gnome that's good at business, enchant something to emit bacteria/viruses that infect minds into wanting stock and making money, or you could have some entity shrink someone by an amount based off of how much organic material you sell them.

Edit: Also, what do you think of my description? Was it too much? I'd randomly generated the arena and the cleric guy- the arena was Lion and Popularity, while the other guy was Prayer, Outdated, and..a thing I wouldn't want to spoil right now. I'll mention it when it becomes relevant.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:00:56 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 29, 2017, 06:58:38 pm »

...And I know I have these aspects how?

Convey information to thine players.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 29, 2017, 07:04:29 pm »

Remember what I said after you signed up? I randomly generated them, and gave them to you. I mentioned them in the initial version of Turn 0, but I lost it, and got lazy. Yours were Intelligence, Liquid, Satisfaction, Dance, and Glue. Also, I'm calling your True Aspect Arcane, since calling it Magic was too general and all-encompassing. I'l add them to the turn.

Edit: Added now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:07:57 pm by OceanSoul »

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35