Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59378 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: Thrills and Spills (Experimental Thread)
« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2011, 10:32:07 am »

EFF YOU I'M GOING ANYWAY.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2011, 10:34:58 am »

After analyzing the situation, Pasha leads the Ashfire Skirmishers and Peasant Levies to attack the Mountain Men camp northwest of Ashfire Outpost. The Mailed Knights will stay home to garrison and buy 5000 supplies.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:54:31 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2011, 10:46:59 am »

After analyzing the situation, Pasha sends the Ashfire Skirmishers and Peasant Levies to attack the Mountain Men camp northwest of Ashfire Outpost. The Mailed Knights will stay home to garrison and buy 5000 supplies.

Will you go with them? They'll have less morale, they won't have your Tactician bonuses and they won't be able to use tactics if you don't.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2011, 10:50:55 am »

I just noticed that I don't even have the funds for a mine. How is that supposed to work out if my supplies run out in half a year?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2011, 10:54:10 am »

Yeah, I probably should go with them. Editing action.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2011, 10:55:05 am »

@Darvi: Use your money to buy new supplies, use your supplied army to loot Mountain Men camps for more money or go to Taricus and demand you get more upkeep in these troubled times. If you're worried about losing supplies, you can disband your troops and get some funds back.

This wouldn't be any fun for me if it was easy for you!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2011, 12:10:09 pm »

Do we fight on the same tile when we meet, or do we fight from adjacent tiles?

Are the pale grey curves layered on top of one another hills?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2011, 12:12:32 pm »

Do we fight on the same tile when we meet, or do we fight from adjacent tiles?

Are the pale grey curves layered on top of one another hills?

On the same tile. Ambushes can be sprung from an adjacent tile, though.

The grey curves on a white background? Those are snow fields, which function identically to plains (though they probably shouldn't - a -1 movement penalty might be good).

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2011, 12:30:05 pm »

Send 2500 mailed knights and 2000 of the peasant levies down south (one tile) into the hills, order them to conceal themselves and prepare for ambush.

Take 500 knights and 1000 peasants under my personal command and head into the snowy plains SW of here (one tile), yell hideous challenges at the Barbarians in an attempt to goad them to attack the force I lead while they have us outnumbered.

Engage the ambush force when the battle is joined, hammer and anvil. 

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2011, 12:47:50 pm »

Sir Aaron leads a group of 1500 Peasant Levies, and 750 Armsmen north-east along the river. Meanwhile he orders two trade wagons worht of supplies to be delivered to his town, and another Peasant Levy to be raised while he is gone.

Okay I have a plan. Darvi you push up the center, and destroy any patrols you come across, but try to stay hidden. Meanwhile I will lead my men along the river on the south side until I reach the enemy encampment. There I will surround it, and destroy the men inside letting a few escape to report back to the enemy king. When he marches forces out to meet me from the other camps is the time to strike. You take your forces, and hit as many camps as possible, but at the first sign of the enemy receiving reinforcements retreat. After this is done I will begin explaining phase two.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2011, 12:57:58 pm »

Sir Aaron leads a group of 1500 Peasant Levies, and 750 Armsmen north-east along the river. Meanwhile he orders two trade wagons worht of supplies to be delivered to his town, and another Peasant Levy to be raised while he is gone.

That 750 Armsmen is going to turn to 700 Armsmen because it's easier for me, but I'm sure you'll manage.

I've decided I'll do battles between turns, because there are tactics and phases in them. I'll run the turn for those who're going to fight someone already in my openoffice document, as there's always a chance of the RNG screwing them up. Expect a battles update either in a bit or tomorrow.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2011, 01:01:05 pm »

Ah thats fine I don't need that many men for my tactics.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2011, 01:35:49 pm »

Battles Turn - SeriousConcentrate, Draignean, Darvi

SeriousConcentrate
The Master of Ashfire Outpost sees that war is coming, whether they want it or not, and his men must be prepared. His scouts have reported a new camp in the forest, too close for comfort to the Outpost. It is better to crush it while it's still new. The Knights are left home to handle the buying of new supplies.

[2] As they venture into the depths of the forest, it becomes apparent the savages are here in force, atleast two thousand men. Mountain Men scouts are spotted - meaning they have spotted Dolgorouki's men as well. There is no chance of launching a surprise attack any longer, but it matters little. They soon locate the camp, and a force of two thousand – an estimate, atleast – charges out to meet them! They begin to form up in their primitive way, and so do his men. There is still time for an old trick, if he's feeling up for it.

Both sides will receive a -2 Positioning penalty and a -1 Battle Roll penalty due to the thickness of the woods.

---

Draignean
[6] The Margrave doesn't want to waste any more men than necessary against these barbarians. He calls his captains around him and begins planning. It's a typical Hammer-and-Anvil strategy, requring the 'anvil' to stand fast against a superior force for long enough for the 'hammer' to arrive.

They get to work beyond any of his expectations, finding the perfect ambush positions on the hills. Draugnean takes a mere 1500 men and leads them in pursuit of the savage force. They find stragglers on the edge of the forest and follow them to the main bulk of the army – and spring out a good distance away to begin shouting insults at the Mountain Men horde. [1] The Mountain Man commander takes the bait without a second thought, and soon are in pursuit. The Margrave's men move faster, leading them to the hills over the course of the following day. He orders them to begin gradually slowing down, and soon the Mountain Men are upon them.

The 'hammer' force will not be able to join the fray until the first Phase of the battle. It is still possible to Disrupt Enemy Formation, if the Margrave is feeling up to it. The ambush will be an automatic Perfect Success because the Mountain Men are being tied up by the 'anvil' force.

---

Darvi

Lord Darvi gathers his freshly-trained pikemen to a host with which to destroy the Men of the North in the camp oh-so-near his lands. Northerner Pikemen are reknowned throughout the known world, and he knows he can count on them.

[6] They make record time across the snowy landscape, determined to bring these savages to justice. Before the Mountain Men know what's happening, they're at their door.

The enemy will receive a -1 to their Positioning roll due to the speed of the attack if Darvi continues on now. He can't get a greater penalty to them with Disrupt Enemy Formation because he has no Tactics bonuses of his own.

---

Darvi Positioning Roll: [5] (+1 to first Battle Roll)
Mountain Men Positioning Roll: [6-1=5] (durr, same)

Darvi's men form a solid - more than solid, really - battleline, but are dismayed to see their barbarian enemies creating an excellent formation as well. This isn't going to be an easy fight after all, it seems.

PRE-BATTLE TACTICS:
Disrupt Enemy Formation – Difficulty -1 (Sends one unit away to disrupt enemy positioning before the battle. Enemy receives -1 to Positioning roll on a 4 or a 5, a -2 on a 6.)

BATTLE TACTICS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Feel free to use any of the tactics above. If you don't want to, just say so and it'll be straight battle. Darvi can't use the pre-battle tactic so I moved him already to positioning.

The battle will go as follows;

-both sides roll for Positioning. These give a variety of penalties/bonii.
-the commanders may use Tactics here. I'll list them below.
-the first phase of battle will begin. Armies roll 1d___ (how many units (1000 men) they have), plus bonii and penalties. Both sides always inflict damage once, but whoever wins the dice roll also makes as many extra attacks as their roll exceeds the other's.
-if the armies are still in fighting condition, there is another pause and tactics can once again be used, or one army can retreat.
-then the next phase, with another pause if one side isn't down yet, and so on, and so on.

You're free to ignore tactics completely if you so wish. Attacking straight-on usually works just as well.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:46:56 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »

No additional tactical movement, the anvil simply can't risk losing a full unit to disrupt the enemy line. The anvil will hold fast, just keep the line until the Hammer can strike these barbarians down.

For the West!

---

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2011, 03:12:10 pm »

I thinkI have enough units to reliably Flank the enemy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35