Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59426 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: Thrills and Spills (Experimental Thread)
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2011, 03:50:56 pm »

Construct as many Warrior Drones as I can from my parts.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2011, 04:09:18 pm »

Left door!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »

Build a computerized helmet!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2011, 11:21:34 pm »

Wander away to a place with breakable stuff and shoot at it with the Transmogrifier Gun. It's bound to turn into something interesting.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2011, 10:14:38 pm »

If only this thread was here when I made up my Fallout RTD idea...

!!Scientist!!: Bdthemag
Test Name: Testing the Average Player's Sociality
Test Type: Social
Required Number Of Subjects: 4
Roles to be filled: Please provide how you think your personality is in real life.
Tag: RED
Goal: Im trying to test how player's will react in situations where social skills are the only way to succeed, and how they accomplish the goals given.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2011, 09:38:32 am »

What kind of a description would you like?

I can give words, but in any case I think it would vary depending which day I was asked.

Calm, stubborn, curious, flexible, introspective, overly analytical, prone to daydreaming, not as confident as I should be socially but somehow very confident professionally, will let people get their way or think they're getting their way until they get to the line I've drawn to mark what I want, then unyielding, respectful of others and life in general.

I mean, I could of course think of more, but not only is it a little hard to describe oneself accurately or honestly, there are various negative traits that I probably wouldn’t want to write down. In any case, put me down if you want.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:32:23 pm by lawastooshort »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2011, 07:04:30 pm »

What kind of a description would you like?

I can give words, but in any case I think it would vary depending which day I was asked.

Calm, stubborn, curious, flexible, introspective.

I mean, I could of course think of more, but not only is it a little hard to describe oneself accurately or honestly, there are various negative traits that I probably wouldn’t want to write down. In any case, put me down if you want.
Write down whatever, its part of the test. Even if its all good things or all bad things, write it down.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2011, 10:20:21 am »

Sorry about the long wait, stuff happened, but here we go.
By the way, I forgot to mention you have blueprints for your starting inventions.
Construct as many Warrior Drones as I can from my parts.
The drone is small enough that you can create one even with what little materials you have. -5 Scrap Metal, -5 Electrical Parts, -4 Computer Parts, -5 Wire.
Left door!
You open and walk through the left door. The room is about half the size of the one you were just in, and there is a door on the opposite side of the room. Also there's a soldier.
Build a computerized helmet!
2: You write down a semi-finished blueprint on a piece of paper. It's badly written. -1 to rolls making this.
Wander away to a place with breakable stuff and shoot at it with the Transmogrifier Gun.
8: You walk to the next room with Irony, and after noticing the soldier, shoot him. 7: The gun works, unsurprisingly. 6: You hit him in the Right Leg for 8: massive effect. His leg starts twisting, bones jutting out. His leg touches 2: his gun after he drops it in pain, and absorbs it. The effect of the shot was so direct that it spread to his body. 3: His body merged with his body armor, strengthening it.

Background: 6 +2 = 6. Everyone can clearly hear the alarm go off.

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2011, 10:34:47 am »

Place the Drones in the middle of the floor, and switch them on. Then search for more parts, and things they can use for energy.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2011, 11:14:41 am »

'Hmm. Fascinating.'

Wander out of there and loot parts for next invention from wherever you can
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2011, 06:28:34 pm »

Scrap the helmet plans and get a move on following Ironyowl.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:37:55 pm by Taricus »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2011, 06:37:13 pm »

Ah, sorry for missing this.

Slip past soldier to next door, mentioning that he should probably go talk to the guy who just shot him to get the effects fine-tuned a bit.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2011, 09:58:34 pm »

Place the Drones in the middle of the floor, and switch them on. Then search for more parts, and things they can use for energy.
[7+2=8] The first drone powers up immediately, [1+2=3] but the second drone seem a bit slow, it'll fully power up at the start of next turn.
8: Although the room seems a bit bare, you have a look around anyway. You manage to find a small power supply intact. You find a few other scraps too.
Scrap the helmet plans and get a move on following Ironyowl.
[6] You realize that you can simply improve them, and write enough notes on the way that the bonus will be +1 or better once you do a bit more planning.
Slip past soldier to next door, mentioning that he should probably go talk to the guy who just shot him to get the effects fine-tuned a bit.
[1] You attempt to slip past the soldier fails, he tripped you. But he does consider talking.... with his new foot gun. [6-1=5] Somehow the gun still works. Roll to Hit: 6,2,8,8,1,8 Roll to dodge: 5,3,5,7,8,5. The first 2 shots are way off target, the third shot is a graze to Digital's head, he shoots himself in the [5] other leg for the fifth crippling it, and the sixth also misses.
Wander out of there and loot parts for next invention from wherever you can
3: You try to escape the combat, but dodging the gunfire was obviously a far more pressing task.

Background: 5 + 1 = 6. The PA is sending guards to your position, this may not be good.

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Edit: Fixed your gun taric, no idea what happened to it before.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:55:43 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2011, 10:02:28 pm »

Build the helmet!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2011, 11:09:43 pm »

Uh oh.

Scurry past guard. If next room contains guards, activate shield and railgun them down. If next room does not contain guards, cannibalize contents and/or structure for parts.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35