Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59316 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: Thrills and Spills (Experimental Thread)
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 06:46:42 pm »

Is it safe to assume that the green button made a buzzer sound as well?
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 07:13:40 pm »

Is it safe to assume that the green button made a buzzer sound as well?

No, it didn't. In fact, I made an error, red shouldn't have caused the buzzer either.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 09:15:02 pm »

Try pressing the buttons in the order of white, green, red, blue, white.

Yeah, I'm not sure about it (the test) myself. I took an official IQ test at school about eight years ago and got a 152, which why I said I must have gotten dumber over the years. :-\ I'm not certain that first test was entirely accurate either though since I'm horrid at most forms of math. Honestly, I'd rate myself more around 130-135.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 09:19:21 pm »

Just want to note the average IQ of a person is around 90-110, so I guess we have quite a few genuises at Bay12. (Which doesn't suprise me.)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 09:23:47 pm »

You have to be to make a functioning fort. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 09:58:46 pm »

Try pressing the buttons in the order of white, green, red, blue, white.

You press the white button, then the colored buttons. The console dings. Yay, you've solved the puzzle! (the white button displayed the sequence, BTW)

Now on to something slightly more complex!

EXPERIMENT 2:
Time to devise: >1 minute
Estimated time to complete: 3 turns

Reality shifts, and the white button disappears. The console remains otherwise identical to the way it was, at least externally.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 10:00:53 pm »

Try pressing each button, starting with green, then red, then blue. Make a note of which one doesn't sound the buzzer.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 10:02:32 pm »

Try pressing each button, starting with green, then red, then blue. Make a note of which one doesn't sound the buzzer.

You press the green button, and the blue light lights up. When you press red, green lights up, and when you press blue, red lights up.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 10:11:10 pm »

Hmm.

Try pressing blue, then red, then green.

Basing it on the idea that although red+blue=purple it's still smarter to press the primary colors and then the secondary color.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »

Hmm.

Try pressing blue, then red, then green.

Basing it on the idea that although red+blue=purple it's still smarter to press the primary colors and then the secondary color.

Right answer, wrong reasoning. I'm not sure whether I should count that or not.

Yeah, might as well. See if you can figure out the rule behind it htouhgj. Uhh, though. Typing with cold hands.

Here comes a clever one.

EXPERIMENT 3:
Time to devise: >1 minute
Estimated time to complete: ~5 turns

The console's surface remains the same, again.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:18:51 pm by Schilcote »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 10:23:05 pm »

Hmm. I'll think it over and give Theo and Fuzz a chance to answer this one before I take a crack at it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 10:33:54 pm »

oh hey, this is still here? cool.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 10:57:58 pm »

Press the red, green, and blue buttons and note any reactions.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 11:09:47 pm »

regarding the reasoning behind the last one, the proper sequence comes up RGB which is a pretty common way to state the primary colors. Also you are lighting them up in sequence from the hottest color to the coldest color.

I'll wait on the response to FZ before throwing out more commands.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 06:46:54 am »

regarding the reasoning behind the last one, the proper sequence comes up RGB which is a pretty common way to state the primary colors. Also you are lighting them up in sequence from the hottest color to the coldest color.

I'll wait on the response to FZ before throwing out more commands.

Nope, overthinking it. I didn't even think about all that while I was coming up with it. The LEDs just showed the next button you need to press.

Press the red, green, and blue buttons and note any reactions.

The red button lights up the blue light, the green lights the red light, and blue the green light.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35