Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59323 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: Thrills and Spills (Experimental Thread)
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 08:33:00 am »

!!Scientist!!: Talarion
Test Name: Age of Conflict Combat Mechanics Test
Test Type: Combat
Required Number Of Subjects: 2-5
Rolls to be filled: 1 Gunperson, 1 Thrower, 1 Melee (Blade or Blunt), 1 Polearm user, 1 Mage
Tag: Red
Goal: Testing the combat mechanics of my upcoming game, Age of Conflict. Technically they can be done as separate tests, so only 2 test subjects are required. For the allies-get-hurt blunder roll, if it happens.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 08:38:51 am »

!!Test Subject!! La reporting, !!Scientist!! Talarion Sir!

Well - I had an idea for a human exorcist knife thrower (or knife meleer, or both) as my PC, so will that do for your test?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2011, 08:41:42 am »

I want to have horrible experiments done on me as well! I am open to fill whatever role you'd want me to.
Love, scriver~

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:45 am »

I'll help test
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2011, 08:45:03 am »

Aye, though I'd rather keep roles separate at the moment. Which role do you prefer, Iawas? Melee, Thrower or Mage? :P

Scriver, pick a role you'd like to fill, any of them are good, so it depends on your preference really.

You pick a role too, Wolfninja :P
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2011, 08:52:06 am »

I think I'm gonna go with Mage, then, seeming as that's the way my ghost seem to be heading in my head. Polearm and Gunner as seconds choices.

I'm also available for other tests as well, should I be needed, of course.
Love, scriver~

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2011, 08:55:29 am »

I'd also like to be a Polearm User for the Red test.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2011, 08:58:50 am »

Aye, though I'd rather keep roles separate at the moment. Which role do you prefer, Iawas? Melee, Thrower or Mage? :P

Scriver, pick a role you'd like to fill, any of them are good, so it depends on your preference really.

You pick a role too, Wolfninja :P

Thrower please! (also it's an L, for La, which is generally too short as a log in name ;) )

Mechanics questions edit:
Which stat will throwing be dependent on? I presume knife melee would be STR based?
(I have a character idea and wanted to think about it after re-looking at your first post in the other thread)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:11:09 am by lawastooshort »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2011, 09:25:23 am »

Oh. Your name makes sense now o-o my apologies, La.

And... Well, sort of. Not really. Agility. The throwing weapons are generally weighted so that they are driven home as long as they can reach the mark (Essentially) but strength helps as well. By the way, gunning will be based on perception, and magic will be based on intelligence/willpower.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2011, 09:33:35 am »

Oh. Your name makes sense now o-o my apologies, La.

That's ok, it is a silly name and you're not the first :)

And another question then - the skill points. If I had 2 points of Throwing, what would that add? To hit or to damage? (apologies if I missed an explanation in the original post, and apologies for delaying your testing :) )

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2011, 09:44:51 am »

I don't mind at all. Also, you did miss something. Throwing is a skill branch, not an actual skill. There will be various skills that you can obtain through leveling. They might be bonii to hit or damage, they might be negating negatives to called shots or they might be skills like double throw or something. And I actually won't be testing tonight, because it's after midnight for me, but I will get a skill list for you guys to choose from tomorrow, and hopefully start.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2011, 09:55:52 am »

Ah ok, I see - I will leave any further questions till tomorrow then and will look forward to it :)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2011, 04:50:27 pm »

Il be in as melee, unless someone else wants that in which case I'll go mage
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2011, 05:19:43 pm »

Quote from: FuzzyZergling
I'd like to be a subject here, since Shil's button color thing seems to be dead.

Position: Test Subject #2
5 Words: Judicator, Light, Form, Yellow, Fuzzy
5 More Words: Ichor, Sharp, Stand, Belay, Blockade

Spoiler: FuzzyZergling (click to show/hide)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2011, 08:41:58 am »

Missing a gunner, but I guess I can test it separately.

I guess I will run a series of test rounds to test each concurrent level of skills, maxing at 5 to begin with, then I'll adjust or finalize as necessary.

As I forgot to do this earlier... I will start running tests tomorrow, but here are the skills. Opinions would be very useful in developing these skills more.

Hmm... Well, I thought of a new skill field which you will all also have, the misc field. It will be things like hand to hand combat. (All that I have for it at the moment is that.)

I AM open to suggestions and changes. Please, I want your opinions if nothing else ^^

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35