Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59370 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: 4 Positions open. For SCIENCE!
« Reply #375 on: February 06, 2014, 08:51:03 pm »

Posting to watch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 06, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »

These updoots. o_O

I am really getting my experiment up soon. x__x Sorry!

Enlisting for Ultimate Furball--getting stuff up soon.

Operation: Aerial Combat
"Bomber wing, aiming for the Heavy Frigate-may require support against fighters.

"Other frigates have point defense systems-be warned of their counterfire."

Request support; Attack Heavy Frigate.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 07, 2014, 03:52:59 am »

Enlisting, Sah!

Spoiler: Lt. Wilkson (click to show/hide)

Funny you should choose that specific model. Not keen on high-altitude combat, are ye? :)

Lef-tenant Donald Wilkson (WhitiusOpus): Supermarine Spitfire MkXVI (P:4,G:3,A:5)
Altitude 5
Cruising at 4, heading North

You appear to be flying over a magnificent lake shoreline, the Merlin engine of your Spitfire effortlessly pulling you along at a decent clip.

There's a large scuffle of aircraft below you to the northeast. A few high-speed silvery machines seem to be playing tag directly above you. There is a fluffy cloud bank to the far west. A few dark cumulus clouds are bunched up some distance to the east.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 07, 2014, 10:51:22 am »

Ultimate Furball

Fire at one of the nearby French planes if I think I can hit one. They are damnable and silly in their ways, and deserve to be fired upon.

((Also, if Wiktionary isn't steering me wrong, a furball is apparently a large aerial battle consisting of many aircraft, with implications of confusion, rather than a dogfight.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:55:16 am by Harry Baldman »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 07, 2014, 11:02:08 am »

Furballin'

Circle around, trying to spot the two fighters again.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 07, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »

OPERATION: Furball

swoop down on the planes in the northeast, strafing the largest one with all weapons. Then pull up and try to regain altitude.

((Possibly going to shoot a possible teammate this next possible turn. Possibly.))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:00:38 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 07, 2014, 04:16:05 pm »

((Pastebin derp ate update-in-progress. Will post when able. Jeffrey Gamble and his elephant gun couldn't hit an elephant if he were inside it, it seems.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 07, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »

OPERATION FURBALL
Move away from the planes try to find singular targets instead.
EDIT: Now that I think about it, I shoudl update my test sometime soon...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:54:43 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2014, 05:01:11 pm »

Jeffrey Gamble and his elephant gun couldn't hit an elephant if he were inside it, it seems.

Well, he is a hobbyist. Didn't get drafted into any wars because of his somewhat poor eyesight and flat feet and all that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2014, 06:05:41 am »

Skills values start at 6. You get six points to distribute between these, but note that adding points will mean subtracting value. Explained below.

Provide pilot name, and divide 6 points between Piloting, Gunnery, and Awareness. Provide a model of real-life aircraft you want to fly (you can change it later) and the weapons it would have. Not limited to fighters - bombers, zeppelins, and attack helicopters are all fair game if you want. You can start playing once I have the aircraft statted out.
I'm so torn between taking a rocket plane (Me 263) ,or going for an awesome war zeppelin.

Well, taking the war Zeppelin for the moment. There's nothing worth to be shooting at with the Me263 for the moment, and most contenders would fall apart by the speed of the Me263 passing by.

Pilot: Robert 

Piloting: 5
Gunnery: 4
Awaraness: 3

Spoiler:  SL 24 (click to show/hide)

((Oh dear, I forgot I was involved with the interceptor test. My bad.))

Operation: Fighter Test

Interceptor wing here. We lost T-3. Multiple hostiles are present surrounding the station.

Engaging enemies as opportunity arises.

Engage the enemy fighters. Maintain distance from frigates as long as possible

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 08, 2014, 07:44:28 am »

Ultimate Furball Update 2

Welcome to the big, friendly skies, miss Josephine Lee.

Theo Dacabe (darkpaladin109): War Balloon (P:4,G:3,A:5)
Altitude: 3
Drifting at 1, heading North

>Move away from the planes try to find singular targets instead.

You tug on some ropes and drift away, hoping to find easier targets. [Aw.Success] There are some moving dots to the northwest, indicating a small fight. Squinting, you can also barely spot a single dot lazily circling around slightly above you to the south. Where do you go?

Many WW1-era planes are fighting closer to the ground. You hear the rumble of many engines from above. There are clouds far to the southeast. A small dogfight is happening towards the far northwest. A solitary plane appears to be circling above to the far south.

Spoiler: Aircraft: War Balloon (click to show/hide)

Captain Henri Dechoirs (Digital Hellhound): Fokker V.6 Triplane (P:4,G:4,A:4)
Altitude: 6
Cruising at 3, circling around

>Circle around, trying to spot the two fighters again.

[Resp.Fail x3](wat)

A sudden downdraft catches you unawares, and you desperately try to control your machine, that has found itself with no wind under its wings. [Piloting:4+1(strong wind)=5:Roll=12] You expertly shift the machine into a dive, and flare the engine to come back up, the plane creaking under the strain as you pull several g's of acceleration. A needlessly risky and potentially damaging maneuver, but you came out alright and didn't even lose much altitude!

[Aw.Success] You can't spot the two planes anymore, but you spot one plane, returning to the fight to the east, and a conspicuous trail of black smoke arcing towards the green surface below.

There is a tight dogfight between a number of high-speed aeroplanes further to the east. Several large planes are flying in formation to the west above you. You can't seem to keep up with them. Many planes seem to be fighting down below, but you can't see them very well.

Jeffrey Gamble (Harry Baldman): Paraglider (P:3,G:4,A:5)
Altitude: 2
Cruising at 1, circling around

>Fire at one of the nearby French planes if I think I can hit one. They are damnable and silly in their ways, and deserve to be fired upon.

[Gunnery:4+2(range)+1(moving target)=7:Roll=5]

You discharge both barrels at a SPAD biplane flying after some Fokker, but by the lack of any reaction from either party, it's clear that you haven't even come close to getting a near miss. You curse, and reload.

You are flying on the edge of a large fight between French, Russian, and German biplanes. Nobody seems to be interested in you at the moment.

There are several large furballs with many different planes around: here, to the east, and southeast. There is a large cluster of dark clouds to the far south.

Lef-tenant Donald Wilkson (WhitiusOpus): Supermarine Spitfire MkXVI (P:4,G:3,A:5)
Altitude 5
Cruising at 4, heading North

>swoop down on the planes in the northeast, strafing the largest one with all weapons. Then pull up and try to regain altitude.

You bank hard to the right and swoop down onto the unsuspecting aircraft below. [Piloting:4+1(dive attack)=5:Roll=10][hidden roll] Spotting a fat-looking plane flying around the edge to rejoin the fight, you adjust course and engage it just as it turns its entire topside to your guns.

Your machineguns spray bullets ineffectually, set to converge too close, but the cannons rip into the plane's fuselage, tearing huge holes through the body and the left wing, one lucky slug blasting through the plane's canopy. As you zoom past and start to climb, you glance back and see the aircraft go into a chaotic roll and spiral down towards the wavy blue of the lake surface. The shape of its wings reminds you of something. [Aw.Success] You may have just shot down a Hellcat.

[Pilot.Success] You manage to climb out to roughly your original level. [Aw.Fail] You're too busy contemplating whether or not you've just committed treason to look for incoming hostiles, but so far you don't seem to be being shot at.

There's a large scuffle of aircraft below you. A few high-speed silvery machines seem to be playing tag above you to the southeast. There is a fluffy cloud bank to the far west. A few dark cumulus clouds are bunched up some distance to the east.

You earned 9 kill points, earning 1 score point.

Josephine Lee (Tiruin): Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" (P:5,G:4,A:3)
Altitude 4
Cruising at 4, heading South

You are flying past some hazy clouds, taking in the scenery around you.

There is a very big furball of large and small aircraft to the west. There is a smaller dogfight to the northwest. There is another group of aircraft fighting high up towards the far southwest. You think you see a faint gleam of a few planes flying closer to the ground, far to the northeast.

@10ebbor10: The game's kinda full at the moment, for one. Five planes takes a bit of time to manage already (heh, "planes").

Also, I am a little unsure of the status of player-controlled multi-seat aircraft. One person can't fire all the turret guns, so how would kill points be assigned?

edit: Hellcat. Hellcat, not Seafire. Always get them darn American carrier-based fighters confused.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:55:39 am by Sean Mirrsen »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 08, 2014, 10:12:25 am »

((Ah well, hadn't noticed Tiruin. Anyway,
Provide pilot name, and divide 6 points between Piloting, Gunnery, and Awareness. Provide a model of real-life aircraft you want to fly (you can change it later) and the weapons it would have. Not limited to fighters - bombers, zeppelins, and attack helicopters are all fair game if you want. You can start playing once I have the aircraft statted out.
I think you'll be hard pressed to find a bomber, Zeppelin or attack helicopter with a single crewmember, so I kind off assumed you had a system to deal with multi-crew vessels.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 08, 2014, 11:14:07 am »

Ultimate Furball

Hm... shoot some of those Russkies instead!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:18:51 pm by Harry Baldman »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 08, 2014, 12:06:49 pm »

Cause I'm fuuur, fuuurbaaallin'!

((W00t! A kill! It was a teamate, but still, a kill!... Maybe I shouldn't do that again...))

Do a sweeping loop back around, and gain some more altitude (if possible). Strafe a german plane this time, preferably a bf-109.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:47:04 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 08, 2014, 12:41:00 pm »

The Fur has dropped the Ball. I repeat, the Fur has dropped the Ball.

The two mysteriously disappearing planes don't exactly set me at ease but, oh well. Attack!

Dive in after the lone plane returning to the fight, machineguns blazing as soon as in range.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35