Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59362 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: 4-5 Positions open. You may now assume the position.
« Reply #345 on: January 02, 2014, 03:46:32 pm »

+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++

Turn 6

The sniper reloads, calmly enough. [4-1=3] Down below, the raider marksman finds himself still weighed down by the Gravity Trap and barely gets a few steps towards the hill. [1] Despite the vast range, the sniper attempts to throw her grenade towards the raiders. It falls way short of target, detonating with a dull crack and a flash of light in the ruins.

[5+1=6] Persus keeps firing in melee, hoping for the champion to distract the chief. [5][Dodges:5-1+1-2=3/3/3/2/4/2] The chief takes hit after hit, [Damage:2-2=0/2-2=0/2-2=0/2-2=0/2-2=0], his armor shrugging all of them off. [4+1=5] Undaunted, the commando unloads the rest of his clip, [Dodges:6-1+1-2=4/3/4/4/3/1], more hits pinging off the armor [Damage:0/0/1*2=2+1=3-2=1] with minimal effect.

[5+1=6] The champion attacks once more, [Dodge:5-2=3] scoring a glancing hit [Damage:4/2=2] that sends the chief reeling back. [5+1=6] He brings the flaming sword down [Dodge:6-2=4] but the chief leaps out of the way.

[3+1=4] The chief focuses on the champion on his comeback tour, [Dodges:4/6] but finds his blows parried and sidestepped at every turn. [5+1=6][Dodges:4/5] He proves to be very nimble for a man of his bulk and size.

[1][2] The two other raiders would fire as always, but dare not shoot at the swirling melee in fear of hitting their leader. How touching, really.

Actions:
Tiruin: Reload, Attack (Grenade)
Persus: Attack, Attack
Paladin: Melee Attack, Melee Attack
Raider Chief: Melee Attack, Melee Attack
Raider 2-3: Attack
Raider 4: Move to Medium Range

Enemies
Spoiler: Raider Chief (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #4 (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Techy Sniper (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

---

Forgot the Mark Target penalty on the chief in last turn's melee. This is a lot of modifiers to keep track of, might be useful to figure out a better way of keeping track of em. Have a table of most common situations, maybe.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 02, 2014, 04:04:16 pm »

Hit the marksman with the kinetic trap, then fire at him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:56 pm »

Continue slashing at the Chief with my sword. If he dies, use my war cry ability.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2014, 12:17:41 am »

Operation Blue

'Now to-hello there.'

>> Attack Raider 4!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2014, 01:48:54 pm »

+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++

Turn 7

[2] Safely reloaded, the sniper takes her time to get the marksman back in her sights. [1] And more time. And more. She is beginning to have serious doubts about her choice of career.

Down below, the commando targets the marksman with a Kinetic Driver. [Damage:5+3-2=6] The marksman is shaken, but his armor holds. [6+1=6] The commando follows up with an SMG burst, [Dodges:2-1=1/5/1/5/5/3], scoring a few hits. [Damage:1*2=2+1=3-2=1/1/0] The armor is further weakened, if only marginally. The commando's SMG clicks empty, meaning they need to sink in a fresh clip if they intend to keep firing.

The champion [6+1=6] continues his fight with the chief, [Dodge:5-2=3] scoring a glancing hit on side [Damage:4/2=2] that draws blood. [3+1=4] His next blow [Dodge:5-2=3] has similar luck, [Damage:4/2=2] and he appears to be wearing down his opponent by attrition.

[2+1=3] The raider gives back with his own blade, [Dodges:4/4] but the champion blocks all strikes. Then, to his surprise, the chief leaps back and turns to run. [2+1=3] He stumbles, slowing himself down, but manages to get away from the champion for a moment. (Only 1 Action next turn.)

[3] While the third raider reloads his weapon, manifesting a clip from his belt, the second fires at the champion to cover his leader's escape. [Dodges:1-1=1/1-1=1] Both shots are perfect hits, [Damage:3*2=6-3=3/3*2=6=6] the first one finally punching through the champion's armor and allowing the second free rein on his innards. The man's tough and just shrugs it off with a grunt, but he's not invincible.

[4-1=3] The marksman still keeps on moving, finally managing to get closer to the sniper's position, but is once again left in the open after his efforts.

Actions:
Tiruin: Attack, Attack
Persus: Use Ability, Attack
Paladin: Attack, Attack or on chief death; Use Ability
Raider Chief: Attack, Disengage/Move to Medium Range
Raider 2-3: Reload (2), Attack (3)
Raider 4: Move to Medium Range

Enemies
Spoiler: Raider Chief (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #4 (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Techy Sniper (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

---

Not sure if I should continue this test after this scrap - the second part is just general game mechanics that don't need testing, and vehicle combat isn't that different. This has been a good test so far, but let's kill these guys to the end honorably still.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2014, 03:37:10 pm »

Reload then pursue the marksman.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2014, 03:41:46 pm »

Take cover, then use my war cry ability.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2014, 08:17:41 am »

Operation Blue

Enemy coming near.

...Must..focus on those at long range. Calculating the wind...

Fire! Aim primarily for the Raider chief until he's down; if down, then target one of the raiders in cover.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2014, 11:26:30 am »

Tiruin, I'l sign up as a knight for your test.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2014, 08:47:27 pm »

Tiruin, I'l sign up as a knight for your test.
Yay, only one more needed!

So I believe you'll let me pick the skill. Got it!

Edit: Wait, that's all 4. OK! Editing in note.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 10, 2014, 11:46:00 am »

I'l test a minor conversion of another system to RTD's. Also to get some experience GM'ing, if that's alright. I can always cancel the test if I need to.

Scientist: Darkpaladin109
Test Name: Conversion of WR&M basic elements to RTD
Test Type: Combat
Required Number Of Subjects: 2
Rolls to be filled: 2 adventurers
Tag: Teal
Goal: Deteremining if the system works, rebalancing it if necesarry.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 10, 2014, 07:03:56 pm »

Signing up for ADVENTURE!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 10, 2014, 08:37:37 pm »

Adventurer mindset, go!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 11, 2014, 11:05:35 am »

Alright,I've got enough players now. I'l post the rules below. As for characters just tell me which stats
Rules
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Character sheet should look like this
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]Name:
HP:
Fate:
Mana:
Warrior:
Rogue:
Mage:
Skills:
Talents:
Money:
[/spoiler]
That should be everything, I think.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:30 am »

So I'll get my gear in shape and start my own experiment...soon-ish. Just when I'll get all my other posts in gear. Soon-ish... :S

Picking a Rogue here, kisame--I'm ok with shifting if you want to be it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Firstly: I...don't know your 'original material' and am unsure whether to put that '6 points' under the header of Warrior/Rogue/Mage or...um. What stats are, actually.
No list of skills/talents? Oh dear me. If you're going freeform, then at least limit the idea-set. Next:
To qualify for a skill, you must have the stat it is associated with be at least 2.
With whatnow? Associated with...? So this means it is tied to something? As in, there are skills we can pick?
Huh.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35