Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59333 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: 3-4 Positions open. You may now assume the position.
« Reply #315 on: December 28, 2013, 12:20:44 pm »

You can, but no-one offered to take the grenades, so...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 28, 2013, 01:24:01 pm »

###Brutality Test###
Turn 0
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DarkPaladin (click to show/hide)

DH and DP face each other off in the middle of a desert highway filled with the wrecks of cars, which could serve as sources for makeshift weapons if needed. DH can slash at DP, but DP can still fire his revolver with no penalty since it's a close-range weapon. What will they do? Let's find out.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 28, 2013, 01:25:45 pm »

Back away slowly, firing my gun at DH.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 28, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »

'I told ya we'd meet again, kid!'

Lunge forward, cut him up!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 28, 2013, 01:57:35 pm »

###Brutality Test###
Turn 1
[13, 18] Dark acts first! [18+2] He blows Digital's head off. Did I mention this system is very, very unfair and very very fast? Fortunately, looks like Digital brought his twin brother, as he jumps out from behind another car wreck!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2013, 02:05:54 pm »

'Oi, fucker, you blew off 'is hat! I wanted that hat!'

Chaaaarge! Stab is eyes out!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2013, 02:09:56 pm »

Shit, I didn't know he had a brother.
Run towards cover, while shooting DH's twin brother.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2013, 02:16:19 pm »

###Brutality Test###
Turn 2
[5+2-2 (Due to multitasking)] [13-2=11] Dark manage to get behind cover, while missing the shot at Digital. Digital rushes over and leaps at him with the knife. [15] He stabs Dark in the arm, then rips it out. Dark's right arm is Damaged. [1] He drops his gun into the sand. He's disarmed!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2013, 02:22:47 pm »

Stab him in the eyes! In the eyes!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »

Come on man. Don't kill me.
Kick the guy who tried to stab me in the chest. Pick up my gun if I suceed.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »

###Brutality Test###
Turn 3
[18-2(For precise aiming)] Dark kicks Digital in the stomach, making Digital gasp in pain. He then reaches down for his gun. [18] He managed to snach it from the ground. [18-3-1] Unfortunately, Digital takes the time to stab him in the eyes. Dark falls to the ground, and dies blind with his pistol clutched between his fingers.

Right, I think that's enough testing for now, so sadly no twin brother freebies for Dark. In time, that entire fight lasted 30 seconds ingame. Or ten, counting the fight between the first Digital. Ending notes: I think I got what I wanted: a fighting system that is very brutal and should be used as a last resort. I'm going to add in a proper precision aiming system, I think that's what's missing. All I need to simulate apart from that is armor. What would you two say about the system? Any critiques?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2013, 03:56:02 pm »

It feels, sure, brutal, but also a touch... random. In that the first person to hit will win, no matter the weapon, tactics, etc. Probably just the simpleness of this test.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 28, 2013, 04:43:08 pm »

Alright, cool! It was a little too random. I'm going to be adding in stats and tricks, so maybe I'll run another test with a bit more complexity to it.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 28, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »

Yeah that was very brutal and fairly random. More testing should be done on more complex combat, with stats, armor, weapons that can ignite or poison enemies and such.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2013, 08:59:49 am »

Science waits for no man!

+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++

Turn 4

The sniper, up on her hill, isn't giving up so easily. She targets the raider chief with a beacon, feeding all of the team live targeting data on him. Cover won't save him now. [4] She makes good on that promise and fires at him, letting the beacon guide her shot. [Dodge:3+1-1-2=1] It's a headshot, the silvery spike rushing out of the rifle impacting on the chief's head and [Damage:5*2=10-4=6] sends ripples across his Aegis. It's far from shattered, but it's a start.

In the east ruins, [3+1=4] the Commando chooses to try his luck with the marksman again. [Dodges:6-1=5/1-1=1/4-1=3/6-1=5/5-1=4/6-1=5] Only a fragment of his volley hits, [Damage:1*2=2+1-2=1/1/2=1+1-2=0] and seems to cause minimal damage once again. [1] Staring in disbelief takes up the time he planned to use for another burst.

[6] The champion goes for the chief again, grateful for the aiming aid brought about by the sniper. [Dodges:5/3-1+2+2-2=4, hits cover/2=3] One shot misses, as is only normal, one slams into the cover, and the last one actually hits the chief behind his cover, the thick shell barreling down against his Aegis.

[Damage:2+5=7][Damage:2/2=1+5+3=9] The chief learns why even the masters have trouble maintaining their barriers when attacked at close range. His Aegis shivers, but holds. The slab of stone he's sitting behind doesn't look too good, either.

[3+1=4] The latter fact becomes irrelevant immediately after, as he bounds over the remains of the ruin and charges at the commando, roaring. Surprised, bereft of cover, the commando [Dodge:3/4] avoids one swipe and takes another on the arm, [Damage:2/2=1] making a small cut through his clothes and bypassing his Aegis completely. [1+1=2] The chief steps back, spinning his blade with a wicked smile.

'Care for a dance, cutter?' he says, his eyes gleaming.

To their side, the champion takes out his own blade and prepares for melee.

[6][5] The other raiders fire, choosing the champion who seems to be doing the actual damage. [Dodges:3-1=2/1][Dodges:1/2-1=1] At this range, they have no trouble scoring near-perfect hits on the man. [Damage:3-3=0/3*2=6-3=3][Damage:3*2=6-3=3/3*2=6-3=3] The champion's armor isn't looking too good right now.

[4] The marksman fires, for once, aiming on the commando who fired at him. [Dodge:5-1-1=3] His shot slams into the commando's shoulder, [Damage:4/2=2+2=4] disrupting his Aegis.

Actions:
Tiruin: Ability, Attack
Persus: Attack, Attack
Paladin: Attack - if raider comes to melee range, Change Weapon, if not, Attack
Raider Chief: Melee Attack, Melee Attack
Raider 2-3: Attack
Raider 4: Attack

Enemies
Spoiler: Raider Chief (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #4 (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Techy Sniper (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

---

I decided on the 'melee attacks completely ignore Aegises' option (rather than just higher damage) just because the Aegis-defended fellow was being attacked in melee.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35