Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59335 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: Now Refurbished With 50% Less More!
« Reply #300 on: December 27, 2013, 04:48:41 pm »

Anyone else want to join my test? I just need one more person. I might have to NPC the opponent if no-one else wants to join.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 27, 2013, 04:49:52 pm »

Sure, I can be your second test subject Fniff.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 27, 2013, 04:54:10 pm »

Awesome. I'll get writing on a post, then. Thanks a lot, Paladin!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 27, 2013, 07:51:16 pm »

###Brutality Test###
Turn 0
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weaponry (click to show/hide)

Darkpaladin and Digital Hellhound, choose your weapon. You can only choose one.

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 27, 2013, 08:19:17 pm »

I'l take the Dragon's Teeth Revolver.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 28, 2013, 12:03:12 am »

Updated.
Open positions,

Three space pilots, for Adwarf.
1 to 2 caravan guards for Tiruin.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:16:11 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 28, 2013, 12:12:18 am »

Bomber Wing Commander Reporting in, adwarf.

Operation Blue

"They've got keen hearing, that's for sure. Let's see how you'll react to this."
He won't hear this coming.

Attack: Raider #4

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: 3-4 Positions open. You may now assume the position.
« Reply #307 on: December 28, 2013, 06:39:11 am »

Keep in mind you have two Actions, so you could Attack him twice if you wanted. Or Attack and then hide, that'd confuse him. But anyway, if you won't edit I'll assume it's two Attacks.

Fniff, I'll take the Trench Knife.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:22:31 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 28, 2013, 09:02:58 am »

+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++

Turn 2

[2] The sniper hesitates, on her hill, spending some more time to ensure she's got a clear shot. [2] No, no. Still no. Either she struggles with the moral weight of attacking and killing another person or lack of confidence in her own skills, or perhaps she's afraid of ruining what the others are planning, or she's unable to comprehend the act of pulling the trigger - in any case, the sniper refuses to fire.

The Commando, down below, hatches a plan to get behind one of the raiders. They're all approaching, [4] but in an uneven line, and the ruins offer useful cover for moving unseen. Nobody would miss one who the others can't see, right? Of course, the fourth raider is still looking their way, but the commando is confident he can reach one of the raiders where the sniper can't see.

[2+1=3] He starts off well, barely making a sound as he creeps through the fallen stone and rubble. Nearby, the Champion keeps an overwatch, aiming his bulky Ripper Gun down towards the raiders.

The Commando is not as stealthy as he hopes, however. He moves in close to the second raider - but his companions happen to glance to their right just then, and spot the strange man crouching behind a bit of wall.

[5+1=6] 'What the hell...' goes the chief. 'Take him out!'

No mercy. Before the raiders can move, the Champion springs into action - [1+1=2][3+1=4] after a moment's indecision. His Ripper Gun booms to life, [Dodges:6+2/4+2/5+2] and proves utterly uncontrollable at this range. His volley of heavy shell-like bullets slams into the ruins around the raiders and scatters them into movement - serving the purpose of getting their attentions off the Commando, atleast.

[4+1=5][4][5] The raiders - save the marksman - leap into cover immediately, using the same terrain that hid the Commando for their own benefit. [4+1=5] The chief opens up with his rifle immediately, [Dodges:1,4] and a rifle shot impacts squarely against the Champion's helm. If nothing else, the raider can shoot. [Damage:3*2=6-3=3] The shot hits a part of the plating critical enough to damage it, it seems.

[2] The marksman stands in place, gauging a shot, but his inexperience shines through, the sudden exchange of gunfire freezing him in place.

Actions:
Tiruin: Attack, Attack
Persus: Combat Move/Other (sneaking around), -
Paladin: if Commando spotted: Attack, Attack.
Raider Chief: Seek Cover, Attack
Raider 2-3: Seek Cover
Raider 4: Attack

Enemies
Spoiler: Raider Chief (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #4 (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Techy Sniper (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

---

As you might notice, the three raiders in Cover are still vulnerable to Tiruin. If only she could learn to pull the damn trigger. Both sides in this struggle have proven only incompetent so far, I have to say.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:08:52 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 28, 2013, 09:09:57 am »

((I love that DH. xD Oh gods. Time to play this straight.))

Operation Blue

Ok, maybe he's a coward--he isn't shooting, that's as much. Maybe I can just shift my sights towards their leader. Seems better. An Aegis is still vulnerable to my rifle and..and I guess this is the better choice. I can't kill a man who hasn't fired at my allies yet!

..That's against all I've been taught. He's young and..and I hope they subdue him instead!

> Readjust sights and target the Leader, aim for vitals!

> Attack the Leader!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:16:21 am by Tiruin »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 28, 2013, 09:11:00 am »

Use Kinetic Driver on the Leader. Open fire on the Marksman
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 28, 2013, 09:32:00 am »

Move towards the enemy while in cover. When I get closer, start shooting them.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2013, 11:00:25 am »

+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++ENTERING BLUE TESTING ZONE+++

Turn 3

[3] The sniper up on her hill decides to act. She gets the chief in her sights, [Dodge:6-1+1] and fires. The Rifle makes a high-pitched whining sound and something terribly sharp and silvery lashes out of the barrel. To her dismay, she sees the impact on a wall near the raider instead, ancient stone exploding outwards, and [5] immediately adjusts her aim. [Dodge:3] Her second shot finds its mark, slamming into the Chief's shoulder - [Damage:5/2=3-4=0] but instead of punching through the Aegis around him, it deflects off something invisible with a ripple of air.

At the same time, the psychic rises to throw a lance of sheer telekinetic energy at the raider. It homes in on the chief, impacting on his cover with a crash of rubble. [Damage:5+3=8] The thick cover plating is punched inwards, but does not quite break. The chief seems startled by the two-front attack on him, but does not move. The commando leaves him to the others and focuses on the unprotected marksman instead, [3+1=4] opening fire with his SMG. [Dodge:3-1=2/3-1=2/3-1=2/6-1=5/2-1=1/5-1=4] The VALKYRIE hisses, unleashing a compact volley at the stationary man, [Damage:1+1-2=0/1+1-2=0/1+1-2=0/1*2=2+1-2=1] and the Commando sees most of the shots ricochet harmlessly from his scrap armor. He wonders what cruel god would give him such an useless weapon.

[4+1=5] Meanwhile the third member of the team advances, letting the others hog the attention. He moves deftly up the battlefield to come into close quarters with the raiders, [6+1=6] and starts firing at the same time at the nearest target, the second raider. [Dodges:1+1-1+2+1=4, hits Cover/6/5] Miraculously, the assault weapon fires the right way for once, one of the shots impacting on a raider's cover. [Damage:2+5=7] Huge chunks fall off from the impact, leaving the bit of ruin dangerously fragile.

[2+1=3] The raider chief, still wary, aims another burst down at the champion. [Dodges:1-1+1=1/5-1+1=5] One shot hits, coming in right at the Paladin's armoured throat and [Damage:3*2=6-3=3] causing further damage. The sniper spots him sling the rifle and shift to the machete-like blade on his belt behind his cover immediately after.

[5][3] The two other raiders fire as well, both at [2] the champion. [Dodges:2-1+1=2/2-1+1=2][Dodges:1-1+1=1/6-1+1=6] Three shots hit, [Damages:3-3=0/3-3=0][Damage:3*2=6-3=3], but the two first bounce off the heavy armor.

[2] The marksman surveys the situation still without firing, locked in place. Perhaps he, too, is debating some moral quandary in his mind.

Actions:
Tiruin: Attack, Attack
Persus: Ability, Attack
Paladin: Move to Close Range, Attack
Raider Chief: Attack, Change Weapon (Throatcutter)
Raider 2-3: Attack
Raider 4: Attack

Enemies
Spoiler: Raider Chief (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raider #4 (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Techy Sniper (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

---

I gave the Champion a -1 Moving penalty to hit because I am a cruel, cruel god. Although, the same modifier granted him +1 to Dodge against the chief and the rest, so.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2013, 11:38:54 am »

Blast the raider chief with my sub-machine gun. If he comes aproaches meele range, switch to my flaming sword.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2013, 11:42:20 am »

Great, just what I needed.

"Marking the leader!"

> {Mark Target}: Leader

> Attack target!

Someone..use my grenade...Ah wait.

((I take it I can't give items? Just caught onto that and the action structure.))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:45:19 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35