Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 595924 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2012, 04:41:32 pm »

Add a vote for Weatherwires: Children of Dwarves please. Just read through it and its amazing.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 03, 2012, 04:33:52 pm »

Whoop, running a little late- let's get this party started!

Now, I vote for Dwarven Child Care.
Heyaa... Hoping I'm right about how this works. I nominate Dwarven... "Child Care" for the Hall of Legends.

Basically, it was the idea (partially successful) of turning children into superpowered fireproof warriors by the time they were 12... using extremely controversial methods.
Whole-hearted support for this.
Pit fighting toddlers equals Dwarven ‼Science‼ at its finest.
As I was saying, Dwarven... "Child Care"  (like regular child care, only with rabid dogs instead of care) gets my vote.
Revoting for dwarven child care... if the last time around didn't count.

Thought I should mention this. WARNING: loooooong read
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106539.0
Ohhhh, yes... That would definitely deserve a nomination... even if just partially I'm saying that because I wrote a story there... But there's so much good material in that thread, it's insane.

Also, if I still can, I vote for Weatherwires. It belongs here.
I vote for Weatherwires.
Hello!

I wish to nominate an active fort being hosted on Broken Forum. It is called Glazedcoast, and it is magnificent.

Hm, brief synopsis... I shall quote the creator, Bleaktea:

"Okay, sure, we came out here to strip-mine the local landscape, and trained a squad of axe-wielding child soldiers to slaughter the indigenous population as well as murder an ancient being's family and friends one by one right in front of him. Yes, Sinthad's life has been so brutal and bloody that she is little more than a dead-eyed killer at 19. Yes, the arrival of a kindly and just King did nothing to improve the lives of the dwarves, because the problem is not people like Logem but rather the entire dwarven culture. Yes, Glazedcoast is a glass box filled with mud and dead plants, covered in sickening phlegm, below which sits a festering hole leading deep into the bowels of the earth; yes, its major exports are weapons and suffering; yes, there is not a single family that has not lost a child to monsters or the arrogance of the military. I have had endangered birds shot and left their bodies to rot on the ground. I allowed a four-hundred-year-old vampire queen to be ripped limb from limb to discover the limits of her powers. I have thrown innocents into battle with vicious goblins simply because the amazing works of art they produced did not amaze me quite enough. I have made pies out of puppies.

This is grim? This is monstrous? THIS. IS. DWARF! FORTRESS!

*kicks human ambassador into a pit full of captured goblins; puts on gem-studded human-hair crown*"

EDIT: I forgot a link, derp. http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/dwarf-fortress-vd-staying-dry.1003/
Add a vote for Weatherwires: Children of Dwarves please. Just read through it and its amazing.
I vote Weatherwires.
Also why do you keep the vote system for finished threads?

Votes added! (@Powder Miner- because I'm a stubborn bastard, that's why)

If Bay Forum were a Mountianhome has been nominated! It will become eligible to receive votes in June.

Glazedcoast has been nominated! It will become eligible to receive votes in June.

Weatherwires: Children of Dwarves has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrrr*

That takes care of old business- this month, Adventures on Monster Island becomes eligible to receive votes. Check it out, and if found worthy, cast a vote! Until next time, happy dorfing!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 03, 2012, 07:02:30 pm »

Okay, off topic here, don't want to derail too much buuut...

...Whats with all the penguins?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 03, 2012, 07:12:43 pm »

Okay, off topic here, don't want to derail too much buuut...

...Whats with all the penguins?

To think, it all started as an attempt to visualize other forum members...

But yeah, there's nothing more to it than some guy made some penguin avatars, and people thought they were cool, so they caught on. Mine was a birthday gift from Gatleos, I'll switch back when the novelty wears off.

Jeremy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2012, 05:02:50 pm »

Bravemule, by the way, is neither abandoned nor inactive. It is still receiving updates, albeit very slowly. The next one is due the end of May.

EDIT: Also, it is definitely not a succession game, as it is the write up a single player's game.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:06:57 pm by Jeremy »

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 16, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »

I nominate Brightwater.
Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming-as author describes it. This is fortress journal story-but there are not only OP's part of stories but also other palyers claim dwarfs and make notes/daries/journals from their face. It's what makes this story valuable adding to beautiful writing style of Sphalerite and the idea of frotress itself.
Finally here is the link to this amusing ocean forepost-Brightwater!
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 19, 2012, 01:05:18 pm »

DITO!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2012, 01:06:13 pm »

I nominate Brightwater.
Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming-as author describes it. This is fortress journal story-but there are not only OP's part of stories but also other palyers claim dwarfs and make notes/daries/journals from their face. It's what makes this story valuable adding to beautiful writing style of Sphalerite and the idea of frotress itself.

I agree! The charecters are everything from a insane, crippled dwarf with a phobia of adamanite with a love for everyone, to a doctor that enjoys "experimenting" on goblins.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 19, 2012, 01:08:50 pm »

EXACTLY MY POINT!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 22, 2012, 02:01:36 pm »

I nominate Brightwater.

I vote for Brightwater also.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 28, 2012, 01:13:31 pm »

YES!
Highly Opinionated Fool

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 31, 2012, 03:38:58 pm »

Thought I'd get a little jump on this this month, instead of forgetting for a week like I normally do :P

Bravemule, by the way, is neither abandoned nor inactive. It is still receiving updates, albeit very slowly. The next one is due the end of May.

EDIT: Also, it is definitely not a succession game, as it is the write up a single player's game.

Amended. Site didn't want to load for me to check, but based on my hazy recollection of its induction I moved it under Stories. If it's supposed to be under Community Forts or something else, shout out.

I nominate Brightwater.

Nominated! Brightwater will become eligible to receive votes in July.

Speaking of votes, If Bay Forum were a Mountianhome and Glazedcoast are both eligible to receive votes this month. If you feel one or both of these threads are worthy of inclusion, then cast your ballots now!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 31, 2012, 03:39:47 pm »

Fifteen votes for glazedcoast
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 31, 2012, 05:09:04 pm »

I vote for If Bay Forum Were a Mountain Hall.

EDIT: Also, is Spearbreakers in the ballot?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:42:54 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 03, 2012, 12:37:08 am »

I vote for If Bay Forum Were a Mountain Hall.

EDIT: Also, is Spearbreakers in the ballot?

Its only May, cant vote yet.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 67