Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 603940 times)

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2012, 09:23:25 pm »

I was talking about the Enternal halls.  Reclamation of Battle failed IS done, he just is doing failcannon now. 

In fact, they had to restart the thread.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 04, 2012, 09:58:52 pm »

Actually, why is something up for voting for march?  Shouldn't the latest be February?  Not that I have a problem with it, just wondering what happened there?

Can you only vote for it during that month or is that when it joins the ones that can be voted?

The idea is the minimum waiting period is a month, and my nearest significant digit is to the month. So things nominated early in the month will end up being more like two months, whereas the things nominated near the end of the month will be closer to the one-month minimum window. Considering the fact that I had to make a format change at all, I figure it's better to wait longer on eligibility than shorter.

Once a thread is eligible for votes, it remains eligible for a year. The month before it is removed I'll post a warning in thread for final evaluation. Once removed, it can still be renominated if somebody feels strongly about it, but it has to wait the same as any other nominated that month.

Btw, thanks for the change.  I plan on reviewing some to make sure that they are of true legendary quality.  I expect everything to be of at least something awful quality to even be close to eligible. 

Also, I'm voting down the eternal halls.  That fort was not finished and did even have an ending.  So -1 for that fort.

After investigating the matter myself, it appears that The Eternal Halls (and its continuation, to boot) are thoroughly dead. I've moved the fort from Active to Finished- if it miraculously rises from the dead once more, let me know and I'll correct the situation.

Personally, I don't consider "finishing" to be a prerequisite for Legendary status. After all, DF isn't anywhere near complete, but it is still in my Top 3 all-time list, and it would be even if Toady died tomorrow (Heaven forbid!) A poor ending does not undo the previous content. That said, if the Eternal Halls was voted in based on potential instead of existing accomplishment, it shouldn't have been voted in in the first place. If current readers feel this is the case, 10 downvotes removes a thread from the Hall.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 04, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up!   :)

Point taken concerning Eternal Halls.  I will alert you if I notice that it is actually continuing so you can move it back to active.

Take out my down vote.

EDIT: BTW could you move Failcannon underneath Battlefailed?  It's a sequel, so it should be underneath the first one?  ::)

I just think it would make the hall slightly more organized.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:16:04 pm by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 04, 2012, 10:24:52 pm »

Yeah sure, it's done. I keep telling myself I'll get through and read everything and get it more organized, but then I never do. Ah well, New Year's resolution and all that.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2012, 10:28:01 pm »

It's fine man, we all fail.

I promised to write one chapter in my story a day but....  :(

Things get in the way.  Oh well, your being active right now!   :D  Being so cool and answering all of my annoying questions.

I also just noticed that no one is talking about Hellcannon anymore.  What happened?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2012, 10:51:15 pm »

It died.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2012, 10:52:44 pm »

It's fine man, we all fail.

I promised to write one chapter in my story a day but....  :(

Things get in the way.  Oh well, your being active right now!   :D  Being so cool and answering all of my annoying questions.

I also just noticed that no one is talking about Hellcannon anymore.  What happened?

It's nominated, and came eligible at the same time as Cyberdorf Computing and Colossus v Wambler. Wambler went in in a flurry of votes, the other two haven't received any yet.

EDIT: NINJA!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2012, 11:01:44 pm »

If I haven't voted for Cyberdorf, then count me in.

Pretty sure I have though... Hmmm.....

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:05 pm »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 04, 2012, 11:12:59 pm »

If I haven't voted for Cyberdorf, then count me in.

Pretty sure I have though... Hmmm.....

There was recently a format change, and by (a rather noble) request of the author Cyberdorf Computing was stripped of its votes and subjected to the new rules. You are more than welcome to vote for it again, though, and your vote has been added.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 05, 2012, 01:33:58 am »

0.1 of Cyberdorf has been released. IT IS NOTEPAD. IN A COMPUTER GAME. EVERY COMPUTER PROGRAMMER JUST NERDGASMED.

This is a vote if you couldn't tell.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 05, 2012, 06:12:04 pm »

I would like to nominate Skyscrapes, the Tower Fortress under Epic Fortresses.

Also, The Eternal Halls is active again.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 05, 2012, 06:37:15 pm »

Honestly I can't see Hellcannon getting any votes until it's back up to the standards of it's predecessors. Namely, horrific bloodshed and insanity, less meta-gaming and more masterwork updates.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 06, 2012, 03:46:04 pm »

Honestly I can't see Hellcannon getting any votes until it's back up to the standards of it's predecessors. Namely, horrific bloodshed and insanity, less meta-gaming and more masterwork updates.

^ This
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 06, 2012, 04:37:33 pm »

Shouldn'ta let me play then. My turns are always boring and productive.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 67