Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Little Tweaks  (Read 1670 times)

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little Tweaks
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 01:03:38 pm »

Personally, I also have [SHELL] and [HORN] added to scales and nails, respectively, just because dwarves really should eat every part of their enemies.
Teeth, scales and nails/claws are traditional boneworking materials - necklaces of claws and teeth, as an example. Congratulations, you've just given me another 'bugfix' example, because I'm of the opinion that hooves and similar parts should have a purpose other than filling up my garbage dump.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 01:10:16 pm »

I'm likely to add a feather decoration at some point.  Probably the COVERED decoration or such...  Or some high-value cape that's actually an armor piece, that uses silk and feathers to produce.

Drevlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Geg Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 01:17:17 pm »

Why plants and trees have good and evil tag?

PS: And what's the tag prefstring?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 01:17:50 pm »

"He likes X for their Y."

Drevlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Geg Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 01:25:48 pm »

Ahh, thanks. I should study the raws better.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 01:27:33 pm »

I recently changed Kobolds to allow them to have fishermen, fish cleaners, and fish dissectors.  I haven't seen if this works yet or not though.  Probably should allow farming too..

Oh, and I also turn off aquifers, exotic beasts, as well as weather (using the LNP).

Fortress Defense mod is also fun, due to the random shit that attacks you early on.  Its always fun.

Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 02:33:57 pm »

Personally, I also have [SHELL] and [HORN] added to scales and nails, respectively, just because dwarves really should eat every part of their enemies.
Teeth, scales and nails/claws are traditional boneworking materials - necklaces of claws and teeth, as an example. Congratulations, you've just given me another 'bugfix' example, because I'm of the opinion that hooves and similar parts should have a purpose other than filling up my garbage dump.
Teeth you can already decorate things with, hooves as well. It's just miscellaneous things like scales and feathers that don't do anything.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 02:56:33 pm »

Why plants and trees have good and evil tag?
In Vanilla, they have these tags to restrict them to only appear in specific biomes (Sun Berries, for example, only appear in GOOD biomes). Unfortunately, IIRC, this is broken in X.25, and in my experience these plants do not appear at all.

I like to plant Sun Berry seeds I get from the elves in order to produce Sunshine for my dwarves to drink. Without the elves being able to bring me Sun Berries, this goes out the window. As such, I removed the tags to allow these plants to appear anywhere. It's a side effect of something broken in this version, and often times it's one I forget to add if I 'reset' my changes, since it's not as important to me as kobolds or aquifers.

Teeth you can already decorate things with, hooves as well. It's just miscellaneous things like scales and feathers that don't do anything.
Yes, I know - but adding "shell" to these makes them usable for moods... like in the desert, or a purely mountainous area, which may not have access to shells. You cannot, sadly, import shells for use, which makes them unpleasant weaknesses in my 'ideal' resource setup, to say nothing of being slightly unrealistic. (If there's a demand for shells, why doesn't anyone export them?)

...and before someone asks: No, it's not 'more realistic' to have a single alligator scale being used as a shell, but it's also not particularly realistic to have no one exporting a demanded trade good - shells are fairly light weight, and would be worth their weight in metals to me in some cases (like for moods). I'd request them from the mountainhome, humans, or even elves, if I could get them.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:02:03 pm by Nameless Archon »
Pages: 1 [2]