Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59

Author Topic: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)  (Read 181534 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Nope, they're still all going to be transformations. Makes it easier on me. Doesn't require the "can't get any more" thing. Also, it allows for a great amount more interesting things--Heir of Light actually glowing (doing the lighty thing), for example.

Also, not 144--156, maybe even 168. Lord and maybe Muse are going in as well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:57:12 pm by Putnam »

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not gonna lie, I'd be interested in seeing how you handle the heirs in particular. Heir of Void for example. Invisibility somehow? Heir of Doom? But yeah I fully support the idea.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Heirs of Doom swap places with a doomed timeline so that they can become doomed. My idea of them at least.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'm thinking that Heirs of Doom should be wont to protect others at great risk to themselves, in a way, much like Mituna did.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heirs of Doom BECOME doom though. Obviously they should cause immediate tantrum spirals and plague.

I think that would make sense. Become Doomed themselves to help others. It would make being an heir of doom not entirely a bad thing too, since I doubt there are any completely "You lose" classes.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account

But that's an assumption. It's never been said that heirs become their aspects. We should extrapolate only from canon abilities of heirs.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Hmm. Now that I think of it, John passively used the windy thing before knowing he had it; Equius was a big hole in Doc Scratch's omniscience, and Mituna... caused brain damage to himself. It appears that heirs, at first, help others through their their aspect even before they have realized their ability to, which may come through some crisis (John had the green fire, Mituna had the mysterious thing, and equius was too damn strong to have any difficulty).

EDIT: Heirs are now, in the mod, like slow-burning witches. They are capable of doing the same things with their aspects as witches, but they're not nearly as good at it until they're about halfway through their god tiers. I'm not really considering this god-tiering anymore, but actualization, and the full journey that requires. Here's what I have so far in the development of god tiers (I was sidetracked for 4-5 hours by TVtropes >_>)

For example, the Heir of Breath starts off only as a simple god tiered player--they're just better at combat than those who aren't god-tiered. However, as they go through more combat, they gain the power to do the windy thing, which is as it is in the mod right now; however, it will get more and more powerful, until they are fully actualized and able to use the windy thing... well, very well.

The Seer of Breath can see what direction others want their future to travel--I.E, they can tell what others want and they are capable of learning to manipulate and persuade others much more easily because of that.

The Knight of Breath is different than the Heir--while the Heir is a bit more roundabout in his method of attack, the Knight will just use the wind to cave in his enemy's skull. Not much more to it.

The Witch of Breath is a bit more useful than the heir early game, but overall similar. She should be just as useful over the course of a fortress, especially for those of you like me who don't keep ultra-long forts :V

The Maid of Breath is a WIP.

The Page should be to the Knight as the Heir is to the Witch.

The rest I haven't even thought of.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:44:35 pm by Putnam »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Breath aspect could potentially become interesting once we get to the next version and have, gasp, JUMPING. How would the Seer of Breath be implemented in-game?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Breath aspect could potentially become interesting once we get to the next version and have, gasp, JUMPING. How would the Seer of Breath be implemented in-game?

It's not a "how could", it's an "already done" ;)

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_VARIATION:SEER_OF_BREATH]
[CV_NEW_TAG:NATURAL_SKILL:JUDGING_INTENT:20] Just because they are god tiered does not mean they need to be combat oriented!
[CV_NEW_TAG:SKILL_RATE:NEGOTIATION:1000:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:SKILL_RATE:PERSUASION:1000:NONE:NONE:NONE]

Having difficulty with figuring out the Maid of Breath. Can't think of a way to get that particular title to work, not in an in-game way, but in a general "ah I have no idea" way. Just got done with Rogue of Breath and moving on to Bard of Breath, which is infuriatingly abstract. I would have the Bard and Maid cause the BREEZE, the latter being a vapor version, the former being a dust version, but creatures can't cause weather interactions.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:02:09 pm by Putnam »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's some possible tidbits I dug up from different authors.

Spoiler: Seer of Breath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maid of Breath (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Hmm. I feel that seers are far more passive than most classes, having more awareness than the ability to give others that awareness. If I were to give them a combat skill, it would be to increase the rolls of their allies, but there's no easy way to do that.

The Seer of Light sees the best path for good fortune; the Seer of Mind sees other paths that may have been taken by individuals and the effects on the timeline thereof; the Seer of Blood sees the paths taken by those who are close to him, especially genetically; the Seer of Breath sees the paths that others most want to take. This would make the Seer of Breath extremely powerful, since the alpha timeline seems to be built mostly on the various wants and desires of all the people involved in its propagation.

However, this being Dwarf Fortress, there are no timelines, and the Seer of Breath's usefulness will probably be limited to hanging out around your military and giving them some combat boosts/being a broker.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

On the subject of Bards of Breath, don't bards destroy their aspect/let their aspect be destroyed? I guess choking people to death might be appropriate.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

On the subject of Bards of Breath, don't bards destroy their aspect/let their aspect be destroyed? I guess choking people to death might be appropriate.

That's prince.

"bard coUld be seen as "one who allows x to be destroyed, or invites destrUction throUgh x," as if by the will of the aspect."

Hmm. I could go with a kind of "focus all attacks on the Bard's target" thing, but that would be too similar for all bards.

Bah, sounds good enough.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... re: the whole "improving accuracy/maneuverability" thing, it might actually be optimal to save that for the Sylph of Breath and leave the Seer of Breath as you did it. Some possible ideas for that are along the lines of a temporary CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE multiplier to Agility or a temporary boost (2x? 4x?) to Dodging.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Can't modify skills with interactions alone, which is exactly why I'm using creature variations instead.

The Sylph, as of now, has better skill in teaching and can clean/heal people. I'm on Mage and Lord now. Mage I'll save till later--he's a bit... iffy, if you know what I mean. Difficult to tell what could be done there. Lord is easy enough.

EDIT: Everything but mage done. I have muses, too.

EDIT 2: Getting started on light players now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:16:26 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59