Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59

Author Topic: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)  (Read 181507 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ♥♦ Fortbent: the Homestuck mod (v5.1)
« Reply #510 on: June 10, 2013, 06:22:10 pm »

Yes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 10, 2013, 06:25:45 pm »

I fear the inevitable tantrum spiral even more now. Mind projectiles everywhere.

EDIT: I've edited the existing world and I can finally see grist in stockpile settings. The only problem is that they are called simply 'build', 'weapon', without the grist part, but I'm gonna let this slide.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:38:36 pm by Sergarr »
._.

shazin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 11, 2013, 11:50:53 am »

I may be overlooking something, but what is the exact process of using metal wool? None of the organic processing workshops have any jobs available and I can't find any organic processing reactions in the raws.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 11, 2013, 03:55:02 pm »

It's gone, I thought >_> Apparently there may still be some artifacts or I just never removed it.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 11, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »

Is it possible to make a weapon only make-able with one input metal? If so, you could have an insane variety of weapons that are all made with different types of grist.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 11, 2013, 06:53:09 pm »

And an insane amount of reactions...

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 11, 2013, 07:50:47 pm »

Canonically, the captchalogue/alchemiter system does have an insane amount of reactions, though.

I wonder if you could implement captchaloguing, and have punched cards as preserved reagents in a reaction?  The whole binary AND/OR system would probably be too much trouble, but specific combinations wouldn't be too bad.

Captchalogue cards themselves would make good containers for long-term storage... if it's possible to use a reaction to store an preserved reagent in a container.  Is that possible?  And if not, is is sufficiently easy to DFHack? :P

It's pretty much unavoidable that punching a card would only be possible with specific items... or with item types, disregarding the material, I guess.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

shazin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 11, 2013, 07:58:46 pm »

A guide to the features of your mod would be nice, or at least clarify what is possible and how things are made.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2013, 02:53:06 am »

A guide to the features of your mod would be nice, or at least clarify what is possible and how things are made.

I'll agree with this. This mod has awesome potential, but lack of manual or something like that - something that would explain briefly new things - would make the mod much more enjoyable. Also, Dwarf Therapist doesen't seem to find the game when I'm running the Fortbent.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:04:00 am by Matoro »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2013, 03:58:45 am »

Probably because I named it fortbent.exe or something. Rename it to Dwarf Fortress.exe.

If that still doesn't work, it's because I changed the title of the window to Fortbent. That... is more difficult to fix.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 26, 2013, 06:45:54 am »

when trolls go god tier in fort mode, are they still considered citizens that can be assigned jobs?

I haven't played it enough to see for myself (it keeps crashing), but I was wondering because in the raws it looks like it treats god tiers as separate creatures.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 26, 2013, 04:05:37 pm »

when trolls go god tier in fort mode, are they still considered citizens that can be assigned jobs?

I haven't played it enough to see for myself (it keeps crashing), but I was wondering because in the raws it looks like it treats god tiers as separate creatures.

The current version of DFHack has issues with friendship, so no.

joeymax23

• Bay Watcher
  • How can you stop hue/When hue is already hue?!
    • View Profile
    • Land of Knowledge and Answers
« Reply #522 on: July 28, 2013, 05:08:22 pm »

HAY.
i made a basic rundown of new gameplay in this mod.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mbycdbe9e8cc3u5/A_Shitty_Fortbent_Tutorial.rtf
i might update it later if i feel like it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:50:43 pm by joeymax23 »
When we are born, we cry
When we die, we understand why.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 28, 2013, 08:40:20 pm »

It's the black king you need to kill, btw. The Black King is different from LE mainly in that, if you dodge LE's laser, you don't die. You can't dodge the Black King's glub. The Black King is his own caste because I'm a badass there is a token that will only allow specific castes to specific positions. The only methods of killing LE currently don't leave a corpse, hehe. The Ultimate Alchemy is free blocks, logs and boulders, allowing infinite building and limitless potential in megaprojects. I figure that's about as far as rewards can go in DF.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 29, 2013, 07:16:42 am »

Oh shit, when did you get your own sub-sub-forum?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59