Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59

Author Topic: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)  (Read 181508 times)

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account

Prospitians don't appear to have names.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Hmm, while testing dave_ebubbles (I didn't find any) I had a White King and White Queen with names. Upload the save.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:40:32 am by Putnam »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Having the same worldgen problem as before. Strangely enough only happens with your mod. I tested both vanilla DF and installed other mods and worldgen completes without problem. Yet if I try to gen a world for anything more than 5 years, it crashes while saving the world.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Having the same worldgen problem as before. Strangely enough only happens with your mod. I tested both vanilla DF and installed other mods and worldgen completes without problem. Yet if I try to gen a world for anything more than 5 years, it crashes while saving the world.

No, it's a real problem because I have it too, and I just can't figure it out. It's either first guardians or bandits, I'm sure--maybe secret-induced god tiers (perhaps due to prospitians or somesuch mistakenly learning the secret even though they can't go god tier?)

EDIT: I think I've narrowed it down--it's always during site finalizing, so it's highly likely that it's a dark fortress not being named issue because of the underlings' UTTERANCES.

EDIT 2: Son of a dick that's not it.

EDIT 3: AAaaand I fixed the impoverished word selector problem.

But not the crash.

god damn it.

However, finding out that the impoverished word selector was not causing the crash allowed me to find the real cause: god tiers, and creatures that shouldn't be god tiering doing it anyway, the dumb bastards. Fixed. Update by end of day, once I add the new lines from Dave.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:49:01 pm by Putnam »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does the God Tier interaction work anyway? Change you to a new creature entirely or just add powers and prefix with "god tier"?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

How does the God Tier interaction work anyway? Change you to a new creature entirely or just add powers and prefix with "god tier"?

It was the latter originally, but I found that inadequate, so I turned it into the former.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

3.5.5 still has the world gen crash for me, yet this time the errorlog is completely clean.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

3.5.5 still has the world gen crash for me, yet this time the errorlog is completely clean.

Yeah, I noticed. I have no gog damn idea what causes it anymore ;_;

I'll keep looking.

EDIT: I just spent 15-30 minutes genning a large world, and now I know the problem.

It's either alternians or beforans.

fuuuuuuck.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:02:00 pm by Putnam »

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Either/or? Ouch. Well you can just remove one completely then gen a world and try with the other right? What are the major differences between them again?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Either/or? Ouch. Well you can just remove one completely then gen a world and try with the other right? What are the major differences between them again?

No culling for one. Large amount of ethics, symbol, and language differences.

EDIT: It's alternians. fuck.

EDIT 2: It's both. This isn't an either/or, it's a goddamn logical or. If either one is there, the game will crash. Alternians, crash. Beforans, crash. Neither, no crash. Both, crash.

That's a pretty big god damn problem.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:44:13 pm by Putnam »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

How about two different mods, one with Alternians, one with Beforans?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

How about two different mods, one with Alternians, one with Beforans?

The current fact is that trolls crash the game. It could actually be the god tier secrets as a whole, which is sad, but not exactly a Big Deal.

EDIT: Test number one: god-tier secretless world, large, 90 years. No crash.
Test two: Large world, 85 years. No crash. I think the problem isn't actually the trolls, it's the god tier interactions. Phew.

Test three: added back god tier interactions, and did similar test to earlier, but removed the deprecated spoiler one. No crash. (!!)
Test four: As previous. No crash. Haha, if it's really that stupid little dumb interaction that did barely anything...
Test five: 117 years. Yep. No crash. That was (apparently) it. How silly.
Test 6: 50000 events. Crash. Well fuck.

EDIT: Uploading bugfix version as I post.

EDIT 2: Guys, I've gone into a fey mood. I was going to start fixing up the god tiers, but now I feel that I want to make every known classpect available. Bard of Breath? You betcha. Thief of Time? Oh yeah.

I feel that this is going to take a while. But then again, nothing I do ever takes a while ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:06:35 pm by Putnam »

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account

Oh, here, I got an example text:
"Prospitian Herbalist: Hello, troll. I am TRANS_NAME]."
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

That happens with pretty much every non-hist figure in this mod, so far as I've seen. I'd say it has something to do with the fact that prospitians have no TRANSLATION token.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wholly support doing all possible Classpects, but with 144 canon combos it may take a while. To make it as simple as possible, perhaps each Classpect combo could be a single power/secret given to the character with some manner of permanent syndrome or other effect that prevents them from gaining another one.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59