Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59

Author Topic: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)  (Read 181498 times)

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
Re: ♥♦ Fortbent: a Homestuck mod (v 3.2 for DF 34.11) ♣♠
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2012, 08:37:56 am »

You could make a vampire copy for rainbow drinkers and slap on glowing white skin, and include a text file informing someone unzipping the mod that disabling hardcoded vampires would give you rainbow drinkers, or you could have both?
Ooor.. If possible, make trolls immune to vampirism somehow, and humans/everything that isn't a troll immune to rainbow drinkerism?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2012, 04:23:10 pm »

Making trolls immune to vampirism would involve either making them immortal, making them unable to speak, or making them unable to learn. I'd rather not do that.

However, since Fortbent 3 comes with a full copy of the game, I can edit each individual worldgen so that there are no vampires and have humans and trolls each get unique vampire types. So that's good!!!

Also, 3.3 will have, among other things, sprites that will (kind of) work with underlings, god tiering your trolls, and DFhack.

Bobcanoosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2012, 10:46:41 pm »

Just a heads up: custom interactions can't be used for custom raws, so just having an interaction for a class wouldn't do anything. Seemingly, anything that involves going from anywhere into the interaction files won't work. Putting interactions directly onto the creature itself seems to be the only way to do it, unless I'm missing something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 30, 2012, 11:04:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just a heads up: custom interactions can't be used for custom raws, so just having an interaction for a class wouldn't do anything. Seemingly, anything that involves going from anywhere into the interaction files won't work. Putting interactions directly onto the creature itself seems to be the only way to do it, unless I'm missing something.

Not sure I understand what you're saying here. What I do know, however, is that the errorlog isn't yelling at me for including CAN_DO_INTERACTION tokens and CDI tokens in creature variations, so that's all good.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 02, 2012, 12:07:51 am »

New version should could be coming out tomorrow. I overhauled god tiers and included DFhack to support the overhaul. I'm going to probably make First Guardians, too (I've already made the creature variation--I just need to make the creatures).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ♥♦ Fortbent: a Homestuck mod (v 3.4 for DF 34.11) ♣♠
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2012, 10:31:53 pm »

3.4 released a little while ago. 3.5 will make Lord English less wimpy. When facing 12 god tiers, he... well, he doesn't "lose", but he does get incapacitated well enough. That problem should be fixed now. Hehe.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 06, 2012, 08:24:36 am »

3.4 released a little while ago. 3.5 will make Lord English less wimpy. When facing 12 god tiers, he... well, he doesn't "lose", but he does get incapacitated well enough. That problem should be fixed now. Hehe.
How does LE work anyway?
It's like all he has is muscle tissue.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 06, 2012, 02:36:38 pm »

He has all the stuff creatures normally do. Just no blood. Or a head. Or a lower body. Or a brain.

He'll have his cane/rifle next version.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ♥♦ Fortbent: the Homestuck mod (v 3.4 for DF 34.11) ♣♠
« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2012, 07:13:35 pm »

Next version will have a Phoebus version available for download.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that I'm really shitty at sprite art, so don't expect a Lord English sprite too soon.

EDIT 2: However, do expect god tier sprites.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:04:15 pm by Putnam »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:38 am »

He has all the stuff creatures normally do. Just no blood. Or a head. Or a lower body. Or a brain.
I was going to ask "why is this dude scary again?", but then I realized how horrifying that would actually look like.

IT TOOK ME TEN FUCKING YEARS TO FINISH THAT FUCKING SHADOW TEMPLE.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:41:21 am by Darvi »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Oh, no, he still has all of that. The game just doesn't know he does.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2012, 09:51:34 pm »

He'll have his cane/rifle next version.

It's like he were the Homestuck equivalent to one of those immortal, unkillable sponges.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Except he can shoot as many instant-kill lasers as he can see people to shoot it at, he has a gun that shoots solid platinum 4 times a second, and he can slow down time and teleport.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Putnam, every time I try to gen a world with your mod, DF crashes right as world-gen is finishing.

Spoiler: Errorlog (click to show/hide)

EDIT: doesn't crash when I set the end year to 5, but anything other than that results in a crash.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:52:45 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
Impoverished Word Selector
Impoverished Word Selector ad nauseum

Haha, shit. I would appreciate it if the errorlog would tell me which entity doesn't have enough symbols selected!!!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59