Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Shines the Name-Misson 1, Stead Burner/Space Marine RPG play thread  (Read 7724 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shines the Name-Misson 1, Stead Burner/Space Marine RPG play thread
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2011, 02:55:08 pm »

"Okay, the orginal mission breifing said there was only a hundred bugs in the hive, they wanted us to kill the warriors off. We're better off going in before the storm, it'll stop 'em from flanking us by tunneling outside then coming back in on the suface back to one of the main tunnels. The change of plans means we're going to kill 500 of them.

And Lev, as much as I hate to say it but he's coming along. I'll file a discharge for him after the mission though, the army doesn't like anyone with addictions serving in anything other than a penal battalion. Frost, I'll need Ludwig out of the brig for this one, as I'll need every pair of hands I can get with these bugs.""
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2011, 03:10:45 pm »

Wulfric Stood his back against the wall, and said "Don't worry I have to stop drinking the Doc told me if I keep this up I will need to have surgery, and the costs would kill me, so don't worry this is my last one. Also its not an addiction its about the only thing that keeps me sane." with that he drank the last of the beer, placed it in the trash, adn walked out of the room to check his gear once more before leaving..

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2011, 04:08:48 pm »

"Alright, ma'am, you're the boss" Roger said to the squad leader. He would just have to be very careful.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2011, 04:13:02 pm »

"...He's still getting the report filed on him though. Frost, You think that you can bomb the other hive entrances before the storm can hit?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2011, 04:23:20 pm »

Captain Frost looks annoyed.

"My birds can throw a bomb right down a Xeno's ass cra...

One of your mission handlers, a ratty little man who refuses to give you his rank (Your not even sure if he's military), but tells you to call him Orman-is hanging in the shadows in the back. He appears from no where, and interrupts the Captain.

"Er, I must remind you, Earthgov is seeking to minimize collateral damage. I don't think that you or I, or anybody, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them!

We're just looking to spook them, stack a few bodies so we have some leverage at the negotiation table. If you blow up the hive, you might trigger a revolt."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2011, 04:29:20 pm »

"The point of bombing most of the entrances is to keep them in while we knock off the warriors, though if that leads to rebellion then we'd better not do such a thing. However we'll only bomb the entrances if we do go in after the storm blows over, as that'll keep them in."

She then focused a question to Orman

"How'd intel screw up on the numbers anyway? And does it affect how many we'll need permanently incapacitate?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »

He wheedles.

"Well, um...see, we hadn't accounted for Xeno Politics. Apparently the place your being sent to is hosting some sort of annual warriors seminar or something. We meant for you to attack before it happened, but...they started a little early...

We've estimated that most of the extra ones were seeing now will be workers though-they have to expand the burrow to accomodate the hosts. We'd prefer you kill at least fifty to a hundred warriors, but ultimately, we'll leave the exact number to you.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2011, 04:37:58 pm »

"Any percentages on the extras sent?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2011, 04:53:00 pm »

"Any percentages on the extras sent?"

"We're only guessing. If the usual number of workers in a hive is about 30%, and at least 20 hives of similiar size to this one are meeting here, and they sent all equal workforces, I'd say roughly 600 workers, which means 400 warriors in all. It's not nearly as exact as I make it sound, of course.

Our only source of information among the Xeno are renegade Courteseans-so that's the best we can give you.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2011, 04:55:29 pm »

how wide is an "corridor in an hive normally?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »

Orman seems to be on the verge of umbrage. He thinks your insulting him, somehow. He checks his notes.

"The main corridors can fit five men or women in power armor standing abreast-side tunnels are much smaller, and could only fit a single man in width and height. The Workers use those for shortcuts, and the warriors use them for ambushes. The largest tunnels, that expand from hive to hive in an underground network, could comfortably fit several of our largest land based vehicles.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2011, 05:03:31 pm »

"Alright, at best we should take out around 300 warriors. 200 is good but atleast 100 must be killed before I consider this mission to be successful. I want non-lethals for dealing with workers, priests and courtesians. Sensory stun guns, disorentation grenades, pheromone throwers, all are viable here.

And I guess there'll be a few 'Tiger' strain warriors around. I want one of those alive and captured along with either a Prime or an Alpha. Betas are expendable. If we're lucky, they'll come along peacefully. I want them under psionic control due to the fact we won't."

And upon hearing the hive size from Orman.

"Bring some explosives so we can seal off those side tunnels. A worker would just go around but a Warrior loses an ambush site"

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2011, 05:05:57 pm »

dont it work having "booze hound" over there shoot the celing down in them?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:10:47 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 05:12:53 pm »

"You would trust that madman with a rocket launcher inside a tunnel?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 05:15:31 pm »

"He isn't going to be carrying anything apart from the autocannon. Jess will be responsible for making sure we don't get ambushed. On the other hand, we can have small two-man teams ambush the bugs using these tunnels, though I wouldn't recommend that."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12